Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories

Very Easy Interview

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician
Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in June 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a call the next day for a phone screening interview. The day after I was scheduled for an on-site interview the following week which was a brief tour and meeting with two supervisors. They wanted a quick description of my experiences in lab and asked a few normal interview questions which lasted maybe 15min. I got offered the position two days later.

Interview Question – Why work for Lancaster Laboratories?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Mild negotiation since my in person asking salary was higher than what I submitted online. They were easy to talk to about it.

Data Review Specialist Interview

Data Review Specialist
Lancaster, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in December 2013.

Interview Details – Application process is online (application form, resume, and cover letter). Wait 1-4 weeks for ~30 minute phone screen, follow by on-site interview with HR, direct supervisor(s), and manager(s) for an hour each. You will get a response generally within one week. Training is first shift (regardless which shift you were hired for) for up to 4 weeks depending on position.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Entry-level for new college graduates are non-negotiable.

Very Difficult Interview

Biochemist Interview

Biochemist
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in March 2014.

Interview Details – Received an initial phone call from the Manager. Phone interview went well. They called me for an on-site interview next day at their client's site. Interview started with general resume questions, later asking me general "what if" questions. First half of the interview was with company's head managers. One of the interviewer with whom I had a phone interview, gave me a negative response throughout the interview process. She seemed not at all interested in the interview. I felt as if she had came for the interview keeping in mind not to hire me. Then came the second part of the interview with the three team members who worked under the manager. They asked behavioral questions that they were told to ask. The entire interview process took about an hour. When I asked when I would expect to hear back I was given an answer, "The HR decides. She is busy, has other things to do. She just doesn't have this job to worry about". I felt that it was very rude of the Manager to give me an answer like this.

Few weeks later, I called back to check if the job was still open or they had made any decision. The manager answered, "We hired someone who is more educated and experienced than you are". Said thanks for the opportunity and said goodbye.

Interview Question – weakness?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call back within a week that took about 30 mins with some basic questions. Got a call back a few days later to set up an interview, I was within a commutable distance, but they were flexible about times. Interviewed with 2 upper level people in the department for 45 mins each, and with HR for 30 mins. They all use a semi-redundant set of 'tell me a time when...' questions that were all pretty straightforward. It probably helps if you can think of specific examples, but I couldn't think of good answers for everything and I still got an offer. All interviewers were friendly and everyone was fairly casual and open about the job. They were comfortable talking about the good and bad things about the job and were very detailed about the job I would be performing. Got a call back within a week with an answer.

The company culture seems friendly and flexible. Departments are organized into work groups of 6-8 people within the department, so the group of people you work with daily is pretty small.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake at your previous job. What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable entry level position.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories.

Interview Details – This was a long and exhausting interview process for a contract position at a large pharmaceutical company through the staffing agency.

It started with a phone screening from 1 recruiter at the staffing agency, followed by a second phone screening with a second recruiter, who was also the hiring manager/supervisor at Lancaster. I did not feel that either person had a good understanding of the position they were hiring for. The first interview was behavioral, with all the typical questions (describe yourself, describe a time when..., best/worst qualities, etc.). The second phone screening was about my experience, asking technical questions about my resume and job experience.

I then had a THIRD phone interview/screening with the client (large pharma company), prior to which the Lancaster recruiter fed me technical topics to "brush up on." This was rather brutal: the client (who would actually be my boss at this job) asked very detailed questions analytical chemistry and biochemistry questions (not in the job posting!). All three phone screenings lasted about 1/2 hour to 45 min. I did not find out much about the job itself, not much time to ask questions here.

Over a month later, I was finally invited on-site to the pharma company, which they referred to as a "meet and greet," since clients can't technically interview you. This was about half a day, meeting with approximately 15 people in groups of 2 or 3, all "clients," and the Lancaster recruiter/supervisor was present and taking notes. The Lancaster recruiter really tried to "sell" me on the job. The clients asked even more pointed technical questions, and were not particularly friendly or welcoming. Some clients did not even show up to the interview time slots, so the recruiter filled in the time with telling me more about the Lancaster Eurofins staffing agency.

Ultimately, I didn't get an offer, but I wouldn't have accepted it anyway. The job did not fit the job posting AT ALL, and I felt very misled. There also seemed to be significant disadvantages to working at this particular pharma company as a contract employee through a staffing agency vs. full-time (far less benefits, great divide between 2 groups).

Interview Question – -What are some degradation pathways that proteins can take and what cause this?

-Explain how size exclusion chromatography works?

-How does a UV vis work?

-Explain HPLC

-Explain protein structure

-What are the cycles during lyophilization/ freeze drying

-What is LOQ

-How do you differentiate between 2 means

-How do you account for process differences when setting up an experiment in a 1L container to be scaled up to 100x the size
  Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in January 2014.

Interview Details – HR advisor will call you first to arrange an initial interview with their HR director, then will proceed you to have interview with your client onsite once they think you're eligible. Usually, HR director will fly to you local client company to interview you. Be prepare interview for both parts.

Interview Question – some leadership questions.   Answer Question

Reagent Specialist Interview

Reagent Specialist
West Point, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, then met the client contacts at the client site. Standard questions.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Associate Scientist
Lancaster, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in June 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed there twice with the same person, and they didn't even remember me from the first interview which was only 6 months prior to that. True, we may not remember every persons name we interview, but you at least show a glimmer of remembrance of their background. Some eye contact would have been nice too instead of just looking down at your notes the whole time.

Interview Question – What achievement are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Lab Tech

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on company website. Talked with a recruiter from HR in January, talked with same recruiter again in April. Phone Interview with HR a week later. Another phone interview with lab manager a week later. Another phone interview with HR for same position beginning of May. In person interview with lab manager in May. Started in July.

Interview Question – Very typical interview questions, google STAR method or behavioral and go through typical questions. Be prepared to talk about what you like the company for and "why they should hire you."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was happy to take the offer. I recommend negotiating though.

Senior Lab Technician Interview

Senior Lab Technician
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in July 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application and heard from them about a week later. They asked a few simple questions on the phone to see if I was somewhat of a fit. A few days later I went in for a face to face interview. Interview process took about 2 hours including questions and tour. Everyone was super nice and friendly. They only took a day and a half to make a decision

Interview Question – A lot of tell me a time when you did this or that type of questions which are always hard foe me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because they offered me more than I was making for the same job at other companies.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories

Worked for Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!