Eurofins Scientific

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eurofins Scientific in March 2013.

Everything was very nonprofessional and nonchalant. It felt as though they were just going through the motions. The vibe they gave off was as if the interviewees were wasting their time.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were standard. They just asked about lab experiences.   Answer Question
It was through a head hunting company so there were no negotiations. I later found out while working there that they prefer to use head hunting companies so they can low ball offers with no negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Eurofins Scientific

Lab Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific.

Applied through a recruiter, and was invited to interview 3 weeks after applying. This was 1st and only interview. A short, 45 minute interview with 2 interviewers, which consisted simply of my background and competency based questions, and given tour of the lab. Interviewers were very friendly, allowing me to feel relaxed throughout.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in October 2011.

They give one interview to the staff and then you are taken to the laboratory. I was then offered the job and told to see the way the laboratory works. They wanted me to stay there the whole shift but because of a problem in the laboratory I never stayed. But I was given a chance to make a colliert tray with 100ml of water mixed in powder. Which is a main part of the water laboratory work. I spoke to others afterwards and they said they were taken to the food laboratory and asked to cut a fruit sample to a certain weight and test it.

Interviewed by two people, the main manager and the team leader. While waiting for the interview sat with others waiting for interview. Interviews tend to recruit several people not just one. There is a unused building across the road where you can park, the road outside the building is normally full of cars. And surrounding roads need a permit otherwise park near willesden junction station and walk down.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking if I would be prepared to do the work saying sample come on a conveyor belt. This is so you expect the worse to stop people leaving job early. No real technical questions. Worth researching MLGA, Colliert and Pipetting for water lab jobs.   Answer Question
    A agent phoned and asked if I wanted the job. Each time he called he changed the amount of money offered. Pay went down from £14000 a year to £12500 a year. Another person refused to work for £10000 and got more pay. Negotiate for £14000 which you should get. But you may get £12000 to £13000 otherwise. They will try to get you cheap as possible.