Eurofins Scientific Supervisor Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eurofins Scientific in January 2010.

This was an atypical, unusual process for an atypical position and location. Application instructions were to call a phone number and leave a message after the instructions. There were no instructions as to who the Company was, their location other than city name or exactly what the position was or required. I left the required information after the phone recording. After 3 days, I received a phone call requesting a personal interview at which time I was given the work-site location, date & time and the site supervisor to meet. I arrived at the interview allotted time to find I was following another interviewee, and I will tell you now, that when I left, another interviewee was arriving. We did not sit in an office for the interview, but sat in the sampling and lab areas of the work site. The Supervisor was warm and pleasant to speak with and asked that scary question everyone worries about..."Tell me about yourself." We had 45 minutes of questions and answers that we both brought up during the interview. Most of the questions from the Supervisor were truly not about my past employment history. At the end of the interview, I was politely and warmly instructed how to find my way back out of the facilities and that the position would be filled within 7-10 days, but not to expect confirmation unless I was personally called. I must state at this point, I still had not been asked for or had given my resume to the Supervisor or anyone else. I asked before leaving the interview if they would like a copy of my resume, and was told that if I wanted to leave a copy, to give it to the Security Guard at the gate, I did leave a copy of my resume with the Guard along with a handwritten Thank You note. Still to this day, this was the most unusual and unexpected process I have experienced todate.

Interview Questions
  • The employment position, as I was informed at the interview, was for a part-time position as a lab tech and grader (this was not noted in the job posting). I was looking for a full-time position as I wanted to close the 14 year old business that I presently owned. Due to the down economy, that was my reason for searching for alternative employment. I just knew in my heart that I wanted this job opportunity, but feared beyond hope that it had gone to someone else--besides, they didn't even really want my resume! On the 8th. day following the interview, I received a call from the Site Supervisor asking if I were interested in the position spoken about. I was excited and quite shocked at the same time at the offer. It honestly was not the full time position I had hoped for and the hourly rate was less than expected, but I wanted the job and the opportunity to work with this Site-Supervisor whom was so warm and personable. I started work the next week. Within 80 days, I was working full-time and learning every possible job Eurofins had available on-site. Within 8 months, I was asked if I would consider a Supervisory position.

The most Unexpected Questions and Answers. 1st. were my question(s) to the Site-Supervisor...(Q)..How many people applied for the initial part-time position? (A)..150+ response calls as of the date of my interview (remember, that was within 3 days of the advertised job posting that I was called for the interview) and the response calls were still adding to the list. They shut down the recording after over 200 responses. (Q) I am completely astounded, out of all of these recorded responses and No Resume's to review, how did you decide to personally interview those that you did call? (A) The professional sound and way you left your phone recorded response to the job posting. (Q) Why did you not want to review my resume. (A) I still have not read your resume. It has been placed in your employee file unread. I needed to know if I could work with you and you with the rest of the employees on staff. You were the best candidate I spoke with out of all.
      View Answer
On the phone and Eurofins stated the terms and I accepted. Just That Simple!