Euromonitor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

I found the position on LinkedIn, but I applied on the corporate careers page. About a week or two later, I received an email from HR to set up a phone screen. Following the phone screen, I came in for an in-person interview. I believe they will interview over Skype for the right candidates. Questions are no-nonsense, and it will depend on the role and manager. The third phase, to my knowledge, always includes a case study. The case study, which is (rightly so) time consuming and difficult, consists of several questions and will depend on the position you applied for, but it's a great opportunity to showcase what you can do. You will then present your work in the third round and answer any additional questions along the way. Overall, the process was pleasant, seamless and HR was always responsive, which was greatly appreciated.

Research Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR a first I was happy about it because they contacted me out of many applicants . Once I had the interview the interviewer was asking questions and didn't let me talk, she wanted me to go over my resume (typical question) but when I was telling her about my experience she kept interrupting (asking questions) than after explaining her she immediately said that I was not the right fit for the position I was applying for. She didn't let me finish going over my resume (the rest of my resume was related more to the position I applied for).

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume Why did you choose this univertisity?   Answer Question

Business Development Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The whole process took 7 weeks and three interviews. After applying on the company website, I received an email from HR to set up a phone screen. Following the phone screen, I came in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The third phase was a case study. Very time consuming and consists of two parts: sales strategy and development strategy. At the end, I was not selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked mostly just some basic screen questions: -Walk me through your resume -Why did you choose to go to (X) university?/Pursue (y) major -What are your salary expectations? -How did you come across our organization? -Also asked if I'm currently in the Chicago area (so out-of-towners probably wouldn't get travel reimbursements) It was a very short screen - about 12 minutes. I assume they're interviewing a large mass of candidates - it almost felt impersonal because of the short length and not even being offered the change to ask questions at the end

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Was e-mailed by HR to schedule a phone interview about 10 days after applying. The phone interview took about 10-15 minutes. She asked me to tell me about herself, walk her through my resume and why I was interested in the company. It was pretty standard, until she asked me what my salary requirements were. Since I recently graduated, I asked her what someone with my background would generally be paid, to which she responded that the company does not usually hire someone "this new". Which was very confusing-- I figured my resume insinuated that I was new to the professional job market. I didn't understand why she interviewed me in the first place and got my hopes up if I was unlikely to be hired in the first place.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself -Walk me through your resume -Why are you interested in Euromonitor?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview

Applied online through their website and received an email to set up a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview was very straightforward, wanted to know about my research background and my methods. Turned out that the job I had applied for required Spanish, which had not been listed in the description.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, wanted to know about my past research experience, like sampling strategies, sources I used for secondary research etc.   Answer Question

Incountry Analyst Interview

Interview

I was recommended by a friend because they had a rendition of a previous project. They e-mailed me, asking for my CV and availability, then I had to complete a short excel test and have a short interview on Skype with my boss. He basically inquired about my availability and walked me through the process of dealing with the data.

Interview Questions

• In the excel test, I was supposed to formulate give reasons why the fizzy drinks market in my country had the tendencies it did.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Interview

After submitting application I received email to schedule a phone interview in the coming days. Phone interview went well and lasted about 20 minutes or so - the interviewer was very kind.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for a Research position at Euromonitor's Chicago office in the winter of 2012-2013. They contacted me within about ten days after I applied and scheduled me for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was fairly straight forward: tell me about yourself/go through your resume/why are you interested in Euromonitor/what do you hope to gain/etc. At the end, I was scheduled to come in to the Chicago office the following week. The first in-person interview was fairly straight forward as well. I met with two mid-level managers who asked me some of the same questions. My next task was to walk them through how I would approach estimating the market size of a few common household products, as well as how I think about certain well-known product brands. The next task was to provide some written analysis on a data set and to do some basic spreadsheet work on Excel. The whole interview took two hours. I was called in for a second round interview two weeks later. I met with two more mid-level research managers who asked me some of the same questions, as well as my expected trajectory within the organization. I did another basic case question and a few behavioral questions including what to do if I and my client reach different conclusions regarding business strategy. They answered questions and showed me some of the software they use on a daily basis. I then met with two junior analysts who answered a few more questions. The whole process took two and a half hours. Finally, they called asking for references and my transcripts. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how one might estimate the market size for a number of common consumer products and walk the interviewers through your thought processes. Name five or six sources where you might obtain data for this exercise.   Answer Question

They offered me a comfortable starting salary, but I received another (for less money) that more aligned with my ideal career interests.

CG Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Euromonitor (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

My qualifications were a bit over the role I was applying for - I come from a much better market intelligence firm where I was leaving due to being passed up on a promotion. So when I was asked random questions that were based on market research speculation, I answered it poorly curious as to if it was a joke because the questions a) were so poorly worded b) the condescension behind it. This is low level firm acting like they're Google (but without the benefits). It seemed condescending to ask these types of questions. The people who interviewed me seemed like brand new managers (I could be wrong). They were both very insecure and indirect. They also stepped on one another during the interview process. I'm lucky I didn't get it, because I got a much higher offer doing less work elsewhere, but, I will never forget the bumbling dual management interview, with the condescending questions that came from a firm with no right to be.

Interview Questions

• If you had to figure out how many people drink X in this country how would you do it? The way the question was worded was confusing because where I come from we have various sources and products and cross products and systems to use to gather data. So we can work anywhere. But Euromonitor has no system or product other than it's own in house product. So when I suggested using Google they said that was not correct. However, when I suggested using common used software and algorithmic solutions - they were clueless. So I'm not sure how to answer that other than imply a breakdown of markets. But I didn't think they'd want that given they have no software or methodology to measure it off of anyway. Again, I'm lucky not to work there.   Answer Question