Euromonitor

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Euromonitor

Interview Details – Was e-mailed by HR to schedule a phone interview about 10 days after applying. The phone interview took about 10-15 minutes. She asked me to tell me about herself, walk her through my resume and why I was interested in the company. It was pretty standard, until she asked me what my salary requirements were. Since I recently graduated, I asked her what someone with my background would generally be paid, to which she responded that the company does not usually hire someone "this new". Which was very confusing-- I figured my resume insinuated that I was new to the professional job market. I didn't understand why she interviewed me in the first place and got my hopes up if I was unlikely to be hired in the first place.

Interview Question – -Tell me about yourself
-Walk me through your resume
-Why are you interested in Euromonitor?
  Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website and received an email to set up a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview was very straightforward, wanted to know about my research background and my methods. Turned out that the job I had applied for required Spanish, which had not been listed in the description.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, wanted to know about my past research experience, like sampling strategies, sources I used for secondary research etc.   Answer Question

Incountry Analyst Interview

Incountry Analyst

Interviewed at Euromonitor

Interview Details – I was recommended by a friend because they had a rendition of a previous project. They e-mailed me, asking for my CV and availability, then I had to complete a short excel test and have a short interview on Skype with my boss. He basically inquired about my availability and walked me through the process of dealing with the data.

Interview Question – In the excel test, I was supposed to formulate give reasons why the fizzy drinks market in my country had the tendencies it did.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Research

Interviewed at Euromonitor

Interview Details – After submitting application I received email to schedule a phone interview in the coming days. Phone interview went well and lasted about 20 minutes or so - the interviewer was very kind.

Interview Question – None come to mind. Pretty straightforward interview   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Euromonitor in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted for a phone interview by HR. The questions were pretty standard on my background and qualifications and were followed by a hypothetical market sizing question. I was contacted a couple of days later for an in office interview with two managers. Again, the questions were pretty standard, followed by another hypothetical market sizing question (how to size the market for eggs in a given country). This was followed by several skills test: Spanish conversation, writing an email in Spanish (I applied for a job covering LatAm markets), writing analysis of the growth of the tobacco industry based on data supplied, and an math test in Excel. I was not prepared for the tests as I was not told in advance about them, but did not find them to be too challenging. The whole process took about 2 hours (interview + tests). I was called back about a week later for the final interview with the same two managers. I was asked more questions about my background and ability to manage people and also asked a few more marketing/product placement type questions. I was offered the job a couple of days later.

Interview Question – How would you determine how many eggs are sold in a country in a given year? What sources would you use, what assumptions would you make? Why would you use those sources? How long do you think it would take to complete this type of study?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Euromonitor in March 2012.

Interview Details – Shortly after applying online I was initially contacted by a HR representative. She asked if I would be interested in conducting an interview over the phone, to which I said yes. The first interview consisted of basic resume questions and after a positive experience, I was invited into the office for a second round, in-person interview.

This interview was conducted by a senior consultant and a younger analyst. The questions started with basic inquisitions about my interest in the field of market research and the company. After these questions, the two went back and fourth asking me case study questions (ex. What would make someone buy Coke, as opposed to other drinks?) This process lasted about an hour, after which I was told that I was going take a basic analysis and math test. I was led into a small room where there was a laptop open with word and excel documents already open with listed questions. These questions tested basic math and analysis skills.

After finishing the test and leaving the interview, I was told to wait back to hear if I would advance to the next round of interviews. I didn't hear back from the company for some time, until I received an email from the HR rep saying they had chosen to go with another candidate.

Interview Question – If you had to find out how many eggs were sold in the US last year, how would you go about doing this?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Euromonitor.

Interview Details – I applied for a Research position at Euromonitor's Chicago office in the winter of 2012-2013. They contacted me within about ten days after I applied and scheduled me for a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was fairly straight forward: tell me about yourself/go through your resume/why are you interested in Euromonitor/what do you hope to gain/etc. At the end, I was scheduled to come in to the Chicago office the following week.

The first in-person interview was fairly straight forward as well. I met with two mid-level managers who asked me some of the same questions. My next task was to walk them through how I would approach estimating the market size of a few common household products, as well as how I think about certain well-known product brands. The next task was to provide some written analysis on a data set and to do some basic spreadsheet work on Excel. The whole interview took two hours.

I was called in for a second round interview two weeks later. I met with two more mid-level research managers who asked me some of the same questions, as well as my expected trajectory within the organization. I did another basic case question and a few behavioral questions including what to do if I and my client reach different conclusions regarding business strategy. They answered questions and showed me some of the software they use on a daily basis. I then met with two junior analysts who answered a few more questions. The whole process took two and a half hours.

Finally, they called asking for references and my transcripts. A week later I received an offer.

Interview Question – Estimate how one might estimate the market size for a number of common consumer products and walk the interviewers through your thought processes. Name five or six sources where you might obtain data for this exercise.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me a comfortable starting salary, but I received another (for less money) that more aligned with my ideal career interests.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Euromonitor in April 2009.

Interview Details – It was a 3 step process. First was a standard HR phone interview. Then I was brought in to speak with the direct manager. Once I passed that round, I was given access to one of the systems in Euromonitor for 24 hours before my next interview. Then I had to come in an roleplay a demonstration of Euromonitor and the system.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Euromonitor in February 2012.

Interview Details – My experience was similar to the other business development person on this review board, The Manager is very dry, monotone, and emotionless, I never got a chance to show my personality. Every time where something came up where we shared something in common or shared a viewpoint, He would just continue the conversation. No laughs, no smiles, no nods, no nothing.

I started with a phone interview with their HR person/Recruiter. She knows very little about the various individual sales teams at the company, but soon found out there was much disconnect between what I was told about the role and the reality of the role. The Manager/Interviewer seemed a little perturbed even though my understanding of the role was based on what his own recrutter.

The manager said a few odd things in the interview. Chief amongst them was he said that Euromonitor is a very laid back culture, very 9-5, which is odd as sales jobs are never laid back or 9-5 jobs. My best guess at the time, was he was setting a trap to see how I would respond, but I did not take the bait and merely thanked him for giving me insight on the company culture.

I found out a week later that I did not get the role, but they said they liked my background and to stay in touch. as they have openings all the time. They keep posting an opening for the position I interviewed for and never filled it (as I know people on the inside). I think they are just interviewing people to test the market and will hire only if they get the perfect candidate

Overall, I just the sense that this company is unsure of its direction, has poor management (or at least management with poor personalities), is unsure if it wishes to hire people, and misleads people during the recruiting and interviewing process.

Interview Question – We have a very laid back culture, very 9-5 culture. We are not aggressive sales people, are you comfortable with that.   View Answer

CG Associate Interview

CG Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Euromonitor in May 2012.

Interview Details – My qualifications were a bit over the role I was applying for - I come from a much better market intelligence firm where I was leaving due to being passed up on a promotion. So when I was asked random questions that were based on market research speculation, I answered it poorly curious as to if it was a joke because the questions a) were so poorly worded b) the condescension behind it. This is low level firm acting like they're Google (but without the benefits). It seemed condescending to ask these types of questions. The people who interviewed me seemed like brand new managers (I could be wrong). They were both very insecure and indirect. They also stepped on one another during the interview process. I'm lucky I didn't get it, because I got a much higher offer doing less work elsewhere, but, I will never forget the bumbling dual management interview, with the condescending questions that came from a firm with no right to be.

Interview Question – If you had to figure out how many people drink X in this country how would you do it? The way the question was worded was confusing because where I come from we have various sources and products and cross products and systems to use to gather data. So we can work anywhere. But Euromonitor has no system or product other than it's own in house product. So when I suggested using Google they said that was not correct. However, when I suggested using common used software and algorithmic solutions - they were clueless. So I'm not sure how to answer that other than imply a breakdown of markets. But I didn't think they'd want that given they have no software or methodology to measure it off of anyway. Again, I'm lucky not to work there.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Euromonitor

Worked for Euromonitor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Euromonitor interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Euromonitor employees and interview candidates.