European Parliament

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at European Parliament in August 2013.

Interview Details – You have to first you must identify when the interns are being hired normally they are hired from 2 to 4 months so you must pay attention to the adds in the oficial PE website. It would even better if you apply through a network connection. Personally I identified when they where hiring and previously I set a network on which to increase my odds and when I got the interview it was eisy sailing. the hardest par is getting in contact and taken out of the paper pile.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing in getting an internship in the European Parliament is the tremendous competition there is. People know 2 to 5 languages normally they are already studying a masters degree or doctorate its restless people so you have to stand out in this time of environment. My suggestions is getting prior experience and network or it will be impossible.   Answer Question

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at European Parliament.

Interview Details – Emailing MEPs was the most helpful way to get a foot in the door. MEP assistants reply to individual emails. Questions during interview were very basic - mostly about past experiences and qualitative experience.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Translation Trainee Interview

Translation Trainee
Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at European Parliament in April 2013.

Interview Details – You have to fill in a form and write a cover letter in your native language in which you also explain why would you like to have an opportunity to work in this institution. Afterwards you will have to wait for any feedback (positive or negative).

Interview Question – Why would you like to work here?   Answer Question

Public Officer Interview

Public Officer
Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at European Parliament in October 2010.

Interview Details – Getting on a reserve list is not everything one needs to achieve to get a job with the EU Institutions. Getting singled out off one of those lists may be just as titanic a task. The interview was a series of open-questions and behavioral-style ones in order to understand the ability to fully and swiftly integrate in a team. One is really supposed to get into the groove quite rapidly, if offered a position.

Interview Question – To give an example of a time when decisions needed to be taken by considering all of the very diverse sensibilities that can be found in a House.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everything is very clear from the get-go, there are salary grids and there is no way to get out of those.

Interviewed at European Parliament

Interview Details – No interview, just submitting the application form, and then, after being accepted sending the documents that have been requested.

Assistant Interview

Assistant

Interviewed at European Parliament

Interview Details – Resume submission, phone interview, then in-person interview. All in all, about 3 weeks.

Worked for European Parliament? Contribute to the Community!