European Space Agency Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
7 interviews

3.4

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Darmstadt (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at European Space Agency in March 2014.

Two months after my online application, I had an initial interview over the webcam with 2 employees. It was very technical and to the point of the position. After 2 months of the telephone interview, there was an actual interview day at the specific ESA center. This was a full day with a technical interview with 3 employees of that group of the vacancy and a small group exercise with HR.

Interview Questions
    • This was regarding a position regarding mission analysis and the questions were very specific on the area of spacecraft trajectory design.   Answer Question

Product Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noordwijkerhout (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noordwijkerhout (Netherlands)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at European Space Agency in March 2011.

went trough a recruiter agency since I'm not a staff member.
    Interview is relatively easy, no big or difficult questions. Knowledge of ECSS standards is a must

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at European Space Agency in March 2010.

First one has to submit a detailed online application form. In case be selected for an interview there is an invitation to the location mentioned in the vacancy, for example at Noordwijk Netherlands. The interview includes HR questions as well as technical questions. If one passes the interview, they offer a 1-year contract.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many technical details about the topic of the position.   Answer Question

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at European Space Agency in June 2010.

I applied via the ESA website (their website stinks by they way, it's all on one page and if you make an error it all zeros and you have to start again). After a few weeks I was called for interview. Note that like quite a few internationals now, if they reject you they won't iform you - most rude. Again like most internationals their are three interviewers, one external to the group to make sure that a 'friend' is not being hired. In addition a lady from HR was there to ask a few generic personnel questions. The three main interviewers all asked a few technical questrions. However what you may not realise with ESA is that if there is a internal candidate they will pick them over you unless the internal is a complete failure. There was a internal and so I didn't get the job. The amusing thing is that I heard on the grapevine that this cadidate did in fact completely mess up when he was in the post.

Interview Questions
    • This was a satellite based post, and the generic questions I passed, however I had a question on what modifications to the layer 2 protocols could be used as opposed to layter 3 for satellite transmission. I fluffed that!   Answer Question

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Darmstadt (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at European Space Agency in March 2008.

1) Team test consisting of an analytical general problem to be solved by a team based on right communication/coordination and submission of the right evidence by the team members.
    2) Technical oral interview

Interview Questions
    • Design and describe the architectural decisions of a neural network, which helps a robot recognize specific patterns.   Answer Question
    For this agency there is no negotiation possible since conmpensation is fixed, public and decided every year by the member states.

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Darmstadt (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at European Space Agency in March 2011.

After filing an on-line application I was invited to attend an interview at European Space Operations Centre. The interview consisted of an Assessment Exercise (Group Exercise) and a technical interview. The Assessment Exercise was a simulation: the group had survived a plane crash and had to discuss and reach a conclusion on a limited set of items to take from the plane. The interviewers listened to the discussion but did not interfere. The technical part went in a friendly atmosphere and involved mainly general discussion about the field with some general questions on past projects and experience. Travel costs reimbursed.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most interesting project/experience in the area of the position?   View Answer

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at European Space Agency in March 2010.

The HR department of the European Space Agency (ESA) contacted me three months after my application. I was flown to the Netherlands (flight, hotel, taxi paid by ESA) a week later. The interview itself very relaxed and informal. I had two interviewers: one HR person and the head of the department I was applying for. I received some technical questions, but also a lot of questions about the Space sector itself. The overall difficulty of the interview was rather high. It lasted for 45 minutes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at European Space Agency

Worked for European Space Agency? Contribute to the Community!