European Wax Center

46 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waxing Specialist Interview

Waxing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at European Wax Center.

Interview Details – Responded to an ad on Craigslist and was contacted almost immediately. The interview process was fairly standard: what I learned in school, why I want to be a waxer, details about the company, etc. Since the EWC I was interviewing for was in the process of opening, any future hires would get the chance to attend the company's training week together. I was offered the position, told when and where the training session would be held, and was mailed the company handbook, procedures, and script. I had to learn the script and procedures in time for the training week, and was also instructed to find and recruit people to bring in for free waxes (to drum up business and also to use as waxing dummies during training).

Interview Question – Why did I want to wax people   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After going through the interview process and receiving the "new hire" information, I chickened out at the last minute and declined the position. I wasn't too sure about their waxing speed policies (they have levels that you have to perform your waxes according to) and also because their script seemed to be very intent on "the hard sell" to clients after services were performed. I was also uncomfortable at the fact that each new wax specialist was responsible for bringing at least 30 clients in to receive a free wax. I don't even know 30 people! Also, during the training week, they required you to wax your arms (not for sanitary reasons or anything, just to perform their techniques with the wax). I've pretty much waxed every inch of my body with the exception of my arms, and I wasn't about to start now just because I was in training for a job. I'd like to believe that if I'm qualified to perform a Brazilian wax, than I'm pretty capable of doing an arm wax.
Now, I may have made a very big mistake in turning down the job with EWC, but I just ultimately didn't feel like I was the right fit for this company.

Wax Specialist Interview

Wax Specialist
Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at European Wax Center in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via craigslist and was contacted with in a few days. There was a phone interview, an in person interview with the store manager and an in person interview with a member of the corporate team. I was contacted with in a few hours with an offer for the wax specialist position and was scheduled for training in 2 weeks. Training lasted 1 week.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Everyone usually says starting their own business, that's not what they want to hear. They want to know if you're a good investment or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The ad says you will make 45,000-65,000 a year, you won't. The position centralizes around product sales and customer service is not their focus.

Guest Service Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at European Wax Center.

Interview Details – Most centers require you to submit resume and cover letter on the website, when you are called in for an interview you must them fill out the application. They ask about you and your related experience. Company is big on sales and teamwork to reach all sales goals. You initially meet with the designated store manager and if they like you you will have a 2nd interview with the district manager, This is the company to truly be yourself. You have to be outgoing and not afraid to talk to people.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult guest, what happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. You start at a certain rate and then every 3 months based on the quarterly evaluation you either go up or down on your hourly rate,

Waxing Specialist Interview

Waxing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at European Wax Center.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty basic. It was a two interview process. First was a phone interview, where they asked to me to tell me about my past work experiences. Then they set up an in person interview where they asked me to talk about myself and my sales experience. The mangers were very welcoming. I was asked to learn the scripts and to come in for training the next day.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question. The one question where someone would have the most difficulty would be to talk about yourself and why you are interested in being a wax specialist.   View Answer

Reservation Center Associate Interview

Reservation Center Associate

I applied online - interviewed at European Wax Center in May 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email to respond with the three best times for a phone interview the following day. All appointment slots were spaced 20 minutes and the email said the interviews would be about 20 minutes long. I anticipated the call being late because of this.

I responded accordingly and received a confirmation of a 2:40 P.M. phone interview appointment. The following day I waited until after 5 P.M. but never received a call or an email to reschedule. Perhaps I'm better off if they're not able to manage their time well or respect perspective employee's time.

Wax Specialist Interview

Wax Specialist
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at European Wax Center in April 2014.

Interview Details – They called me in for two separate interviews, months apart. After the first one went really well and then they wouldn't respond to any of my calls or messages I figured it didn't work out. But then about a month or two later they called me in for another interview and had me interview with 3 people. They still refuse to respond to my messages and I'm honestly confused, because both times seemed to have gone well and I keep wracking my brain for anything that could have gone wrong but I'm just confused and left in the dark.

Interview Question – How to handle a difficult guest   Answer Question

Plainview, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at European Wax Center in July 2013.

Interview Details – Everything was pretty easy going. Definitely know about the company before meeting with anyone for an interview here. Be able to memorize scripts. Be very good with customer service, unsatisfied people, and be able to work in a quick environment.

Interview Question – Be able to not take off for any holiday.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not applicable.

Guest Services Coordinator Interview

Guest Services Coordinator
Succasunna, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at European Wax Center.

Interview Details – I replied to an ad EWC had on Craigslist. A few days later a Manager called and set up and interview with her. I gave myself plenty of time to get there, but when I pulled into parking lot, there was a minor accident between 2 cars in front of the center. I had to wait for people to move their vehicle so that I in turn could park somewhere. I was 1 minute late and the Manager asked me WHY ARE YOU LATE? Hmmmm... I explained to her what the problem was in the parking lot. She proceeded, with a little bit of an attitude, but I didnt care. She did loosen up a bit and explained the job requirements, salary, commission, etc. I was surprised to see that the starting salary is $8.25 and then in 30 days you are reviewed. Every 3 months if all is going well you will be given 25 cent increment, until you reach $10. You cannot make more then $10 BUT you do get commission on the packages you sell.

She seemed rather pleasant and at end of interview she asked when I would be available to meet with Owners.

1 week later I went back in a met with owners. Manager came out and in a cute little voice said..."Oh you made it on time". LOL I almost walked out, but Im better then that so I proceeded with interview with the 2 owners. UGH....I felt as if I was under a microscope. Mind you, I was dressed professionally, hair, makeup, nails done. I looked the part, and more importantly, knew I could do the job. 1 of the 1st questions I was asked was...DO YOU DRIVE IN THE SNOW? I replied... yes. I was asked if I knew about the product, I replied yes, I am a customer as well. DO YOU HAVE A PACKAGE? No WHY NOT? I wanted to reply... because I dont want you having my money months in advance of my service. I knew right then and there that I DID NOT want to work there.

Needless to say, I was not hired. I received an email with 4 or 5 other email addresses from Manager saying that thanks for applying but I was not hired..... BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The reason I wasnt hired:

I go for hair and nails to a competitor. The girls that leave my hair salon go to EWC and vice versa. The Owner did not like that I knew 1/2 the people on her staff, and that they were employees at my salon. She didnt want me to work there and be privy to things that I may tell the owner of my salon. Oh well, I do see now why there is such a big turnover.

Interview Question – What is your biggest fault?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at European Wax Center in September 2013.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad on Craigslist asking for a receptionist who is comfortable with sales. Within a couple of hours I received a call from the manager of the location I was applying for. We talked for about 10 minutes. During the call she asked about my experience and if I was comfortable with sales. Being a hairdresser I informed her that I sell hair products regularly and that I am comfortable selling wax creams that customers may need after receiving a wax. Pleased with my answer, she set up an interview for the next day.

I waited about 10 minutes before being greeted by a man who appeared to be a general manager. We walked to some tables outside where the girl I spoke to the day before was waiting. For the next 10 minutes I was belittled and was made to feel like an idiot. They misinformed me of my job duties and tore me apart for not knowing. The job was not a receptionist job at all. It was strictly sales. After a while I realized that the job was to sell packaged deals for waxes. (For example; buy 1 wax for $20 or by 10 waxes for $190). It just saves the customers a little bit of money. At one point in the conversation I remember the man telling me that the goal is to make everyone buy a packaged deal. That you should ask the customer several times if they want to buy it. If they refuse, ask again, and again. At one point I asked when is enough, enough. He had no answer. He said they should buy it even if they don't want to. It's more important for the customers to buy the deal than it is for them to be happy customers, which is why you may pressure them to buy it. "If they buy the packaged deal then they are guaranteed to return." It wasn't about putting the customer first. It was about sales.

I would never work there! They were so rude to me and make me feel like a complete idiot. I just moved here from another county and this was one of my first interviews. I guess I was not prepared for all of that Orange County attitude. I just wished that professional people would act professionally.

Interview Question – None of the questions were necessarily difficult but I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a receptionist position. When I was asked why I think I would be great for this position I answered it totally wrong.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

Interview Details – Submitted online application, got a call, went in for first interview (very basic), got handed scripts to memorize, had a "role-play" scenario with the scripts for the second interview and hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None. Very simple stuff.   Answer Question

Worked for European Wax Center? Contribute to the Community!