Eurostaff Group

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Staffgroup) Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Eurostaff Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy process; had to nag the hell out of the recruitment agent for interviews.

Firstly, interviewed with a recruiter who was really easy going and made the interview very simple, was big on praise and made you feel wanted. Standard run through CV- Academic History, Employment, Hobbies. Breezed through that round and was told I had everything it took to succeed in the process.

After a couple of weeks of nagging I managed to secure a secondary interview. I was told this would be similar to the first just with a senior manager. Again, this went well, it was slightly more pressing, he really pushed you about your motivations for the role and whether your characteristics were right for the role.

However, the original recruiter then came, to what I was assuming to show me out the building. He then notified me one of the directors/a co-owner would come through and interview me; I was a bit startled at this point and felt this was slightly unfair to spring onto someone with no preparation. The director came through and was highly obnoxious; I do not want to put people off because this felt like a great place to work and everyone else was very friendly. BUT, he did not put me at ease at all, he started by slating the university I attended and noted my degree was worth 'very little' to him; despite holding a First Class Degree. He then said I was too much of a risk as I had no prior work experience, despite being told by the prior interviewers this was not much of an issue as long as you have the key competencies expected.

As you may have guessed, I was not offered a role, but after the interview with the director I was massively put off; I don't think he even shook my hand or thanked me for coming in. I was notified via email, and was told if I got '6 months of work experience' to come back to them.

Interview Question – Emphasis on motivations; competencies; characteristics.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Recruitment Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eurostaff Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – After an initial phone call I was invited to meet the Head of Internal recruitment to go through some basic competency-type questions. This in turn led me to meeting a team manager and thereafter (unexpectedly) one of the MDs.

It was great to get exposure to so many areas of the business (especially the MD!) as it gave me the impression that they wanted me to feel right about the business as well as the other way around.

I also did a short market presentation on the market I would be working on to 'seal the deal'

Interview Question – Be prepared for a role play around selling! It's a sales job so you need to be able to sell!   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Eurostaff Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eurostaff Group interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Eurostaff Group employees and interview candidates.