Evalueserve Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.7

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Evalueserve.

Interview

First Interview was short, basic, asked me about gap in resume - technical question on one of the projects on my resume. Second one was after having being told the job is mine, which was quite annoying. You dont expect to be interviewed after having been told that you have the job. Anyway navigated through that with comfort as well

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Evalueserve

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Evalueserve (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

HR followed by technical...AVP followed by VP...fast process...easy questions mostly on previous experience. Valuation... AVP n VP round is mostly behavioural n general HR questions like why you want to join..why r u leaving the previous co...etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly sector specific...drivers valuation method used etc.

pitch me a stock!!

Answer Question

Negotiation

Was ok... Not much negotiations possible

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Evalueserve in February 2015.

Interview

It was relatively easy. I had two telephonic rounds with a Manager and a AVP both of which lasted about 30 mins each. The interviews were on the same day and I was primarily asked as to my job role. In the first round there were a few technical questions.(very basic relating to Cash Flow / Balance sheet / simple financial analysis questions)

In the second, the AVP understood my job profile and then asked mostly HR questions like why Evalueserve and would you be comfortable shifting to Gurgaon (since I am based in Mumbai ).

He also asked me about my interests outside of work and a few questions pertaining to him.

I got a call from the HR in 2 days within 2 days with an offer.

Just a suggestion for all aspirants. EVS doesn't have a variable pay structure ( so there are no bonuses) . Please do add your variable component to your fixed base so that there is no confusion.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting and financial analysis questions. Why Evalueserve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was initially offered a salary which I rejected. The HR got back a week later with a revised offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Evalueserve.

Interview

The overall interview process was divided into 5 Rounds:

Round1: SAS Questions and Financial Services understanding

Round2: Technical Round revolving more around the kind of work done in previous company into Data Analytics.

Round3: Business Case Study round and Guestimates

- how to create 24 with four zeroes?
    - Using only statistical data analysis, how would you form strategies to stop credit card frauds?
    - How do you calculate churn in 20,000 clients.
    - 4 persons and 1 Bridge puzzle
    - Calculate no of birds in delhi NCR

Round4: Client Round - Focused on both skills based such as modelling techniques and documentation as well as soft skills such as people skills and communication.

Round5: HR Round (General HR Questions and Salary discussions)

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Evalueserve.

Interview

Very long with many breaks between rounds. Actual interview was quick and precise. Mostly checked technical knowledge and asked about previous experience. Asked about ability to work long shifts and mentioned there were no cabs provided. Were evasive when asked about actual timings, precise nature of clients etc but very forthcoming about the office environment, rules, even told me which rules were mandatory and which existed only on paper

Interview Questions

• many questions about the nature of the training and work done in the past; did not expect them to ask in so much details   Answer Question

Negotiation

not able to negotiate much.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Evalueserve.

Interview

I had 5 rounds of interview. All were technical round with lots of question around valuation, equity etc.
    First round was of core technical questions related to equity, valuation, forecasting etc.
    Second round was mix of technical and hr questions
    third round was also mix of technical and hr question
    fourth and fifth round was taken by client

Interview Questions

• Reason for switching as I have served only 1 year in previous organization   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was negotiation over salary

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Evalueserve.

Interview

Campus recruitment process. Took a single day for the entire process. There was first an apti test followed by two rounds of interviews. They had no intention of hiring at all and just came to pass time. The fact that same kind of questions were asked to every candidate showed that they are nothing in innovation which they boast of. Similar questions to all and the performance was also same by all students.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing like difficult. General ones and more on personal background, family etc.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Evalueserve (New Delhi (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

First round was technical. Manager asked questions related to valuation such as fcff, fcfe, ddm, PE, how to value a bank. Discuss abt my profile and grilling on few sectors

Interview Questions

• Pick a stock, compare and the reason you chose that stock   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Evalueserve (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Telephonic round, Manager Round, Group manager Round

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Evalueserve.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview as I was based out of a different location- so no first hand experience of face-to-face
    Four rounds of interview- Initial discussion, Technical Round (2 levels), HR
    Questions majorly on current role; explanation of few case studies

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation as they have a band structure (which they will not specify for obvious reasons); Lucky if you can