Eventbrite

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Representative Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eventbrite in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was smooth and moving from step to step was fairly quick. I received a notification of no offer quickly but I think that was because they were wanting to move quickly. For those who reach the phone interview and scenario, brush up on the platform. I was one of the few recently who got the last question correct according to the recruiter.

The 1:1 interviews were fairly relaxed. There was some awkwardness but that was mostly situational.

I just wish my "over experience" was ruled out before I went through the entire process...

Interview Question – If you want to build in the fees of Eventbrite when creating a ticket price, how do you do that?   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Interview Details – Had a phone interview which was very strange. The interviewer seemed extremely unprepared, disengaged, distant and uninterested throughout the entire interview. There was miscommunication between the company and the interviewer, which I will not go into specifics about. I was surprised that this particular company conducted interviews in this manner.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you received good customer service.   Answer Question

Mobile Software Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eventbrite in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online get back email for a phone interview within a week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, but I messed up.   Answer Question

Field Operations Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. This was followed by two phone interviews, the first with the direct manager of the internship and the second with a recruiting coordinator. This was followed by a two hour interview with four members of the team in thirty minute segments. I was impressed by the Eventbrite company in general.

Interview Question – How would you handle a client who was adamant that (s)he had returned a field asset, but had not?   Answer Question

Account Management Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview Details – You will be contacted through a recruiter and go through 2 or 3 phone interviews. The first is a screen and is entirely about your background, knowledge of Eventbrite, business model, what makes it special etc. This first conversation will be with someone in the Acct. Mgmt. division. The second and potentially third call will be with an account manager. Tone is still conversation and you will go through the same basics and background about the company, will be much more detailed into the actual day-to-day of the account manager. Additionally, you will need to understand where Eventbrite stands in the ticketing industry and why they've been successful.

Interview Question – Tell me about an Eventbrite campaign you've started, and if you haven't used it give me a scenario in your life in which you could use it. Include target customers and service desired.   View Answer

Sales Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Eventbrite in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview a few years ago. Went alright but I guess not good enough. I than worked in account management in the entertainment field successfully for two years. I applied again and was swiftly denied. Kind of annoying but whatever. I already have multiple interviews with competitors.

Interview Question – Way is a time in the past month you went out of your way to help someone not in the workplace?   Answer Question

People Operations Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter for an on-site interview. Had 3 1 on 1 interviews during the first round. It was pretty informal and a lot of the questions surrounded my previous work experience.

The second round was four 15-minute sessions with different members of the greater team. It was more of just getting to know everyone and their backgrounds. A lot of the questions were about your decision to apply for this position in general and why you chose Eventbrite. Also, they asked what you'd like to learn throughout the summer and like to talk about their culture and growth.

The interviewers were all very bright and are very specialized in their positions. Generally, it was a very nice experience and shows how quickly the company is growing.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult challenge you came across in your past experience?   Answer Question

People Operations Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took about 2 weeks for them to get back to me about a phone screen. I spoke with a lady in HR and she was impressed so I a 2nd round interview with other members of the HR team- each 30 mins long.

It was very informal and they weren't very transparent with what skills they were looking for because the responsibilities weren't clearly defined. Sort of ambiguous because they had never had this role before.

Interview Question – How do you manage your calendar?
What sets you apart from other applicants?
How do you measure success?
What do you want to take from a internship here?
  Answer Question

Senior Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Senior Mobile Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite in April 2013.

Interview Details – From first contact everyone was really warm and embracing, the process was much faster than on similar bay area companies. My first step was a phone conversation with the recruiter, then came a phone screen with the hiring manager. It was quite technical and fast paced, but I did well. After the phone screen the hiring manager sent me a coding homework that I was expected to solve and send back within a few days

After submitting the homework I had a full afternoon of Skype interviews with 4 different members of the team and the VP of Engineering. It gave me a great opportunity to get a sense of the people I would be working with and the challenges they were tackling.

Then they flew me to San Francisco for a final round of interviews. I had lunch at the HQ with the people I met through Skype and then had 4 more interviews, the last two were with the President and the CEO.

Thoughtout the process the recruiter was really responsive and I knew where I stood every step of the way.

Interview Question – If you could go back two years with the knowledge you have now, what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was competitive and I was satisfied with it, so I accepted.

Salesforce Administrator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview Details – Very unstructured and mediocre interview. The interviewer who was screening me for the position didn't seem very experienced. He talked for 20 mins, asked me a couple of questions and that was the end of it. Later on the recruiter got back to me saying I was not fit for this position, which is odd since I hardly got to say anything.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eventbrite

Worked for Eventbrite? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eventbrite interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eventbrite employees and interview candidates.