Eventbrite

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively thorough, but did not take too long. There were stages of the process - beginning with a written assessment, then a phone interview and role play, then multiple in-person interviews, and finally conversations with references. That being said, even while interviewing, the everyone at Eventbrite makes you feel right at home the moment you walk into the office.

Interview Question – A lot of questions about past experience and personal opinions about the ways to best serve a client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not much room for negotiation in entry level positions, but they're definitely open to discussing the future and your desired career path.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite in July 2014.

Interview Details – Two days after applying, I was asked to do an online assessment. It covered logical math, resourcefulness, and written communication skills. The next day I was sent an email that said they "like my style" and was asked to pick a time for a phone interview. The phone interview began with a few basic questions, tell me about yourself, what is a time you gave/got good customer service, why do you want to work at Eventbrite, etc. Then we began the mock customer service call portion. I had to walk her thru some basic questions an event organizer would have when setting up their event on the website. My best advice would be to set up an account and go thru the process of setting up an event before your interview (just don't publish it.) Really look around the dashboard, and make sure you set up your event as paid tickets and not free. This and looking around some of the FAQ's in the help center will prepare you to do well. I did not get a full time position, but am still going to interview for a part-time position.

Interview Question – They asked how to set your eventbrite fees to be absorbed by the purchaser (or maybe not absorbed, I can't remember.) But because I had set up my event to be free, I hadn't seen that part of the process and missed that question.   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

Interview Details – The entire interview process was quick and simple. After initially submitting my application, I was asked the very next day through email to complete an assessment; this required math skills, grammar skills, critical thinking, and researching their website. Two days later, I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which took place five days later.

The phone interviewer asked me the initial "tell me about yourself" question and then proceeded onto questions about past difficult experiences in customer service and how I overcame them. The next part of the interview was a call simulation (they didn't expect me to know the answers right away, but were definitely looking for me to handle not knowing an answer with the right attitude), and then a quick wrap-up conversation. The interviewer was engaging and informative, and the interview lasted around 40 minutes.

I was invited to an in-person interview just hours after the phone interview, which I had to schedule for 1 week later due to conflicts, but they were prepared to interview me within a few days had I been able to. The in-person interviewers were very laid-back and friendly but obviously prepared. I took 30 minutes with one interviewer, then 40 minutes with another interviewer. Their questions about my work background and interest in the company were straightforward, though I did get a couple "for-fun" questions like "what is your spirit animal?". It was clear that they were looking for someone who would fit in with the laid-back start-up culture. Afterwards, I sent a follow-up email thanking them.

Three days later, they said they were moving forward with the process and just had to check my references. Three days after that, I was extended an offer by phone, which I accepted. The entire process took less than 3 weeks, and I found it simple and even fun.

Interview Question – (Phone interview) "Can you show me how to do reserved seating for my events?"   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview (Part Time) Interview

Client Services Representative Interview (Part Time)
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Eventbrite in July 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was quick, and easy. I filled out the online application, and within a week, I'd received an email stating that they were interested and requesting that I fill out an assessment. The assessment was a test to see how resourceful you are with finding things on the internet (.i.e their website). It tested critical thinking, grammar, and math skills.
About a day later, I received an email asking me to provide my availability for a phone interview. I scheduled it and the interviewer called me promptly. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of general get to know you questions, a simulated call, and follow-up questions.. The next day I received an email telling me thanks for the position.

Interview Question – If you want to build in the fees of Eventbrite when creating a ticket price, how do you do that?   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was quick, and easy. I filled out the online application, and within a week, I'd received an email stating that they were interested and requesting that I fill out an assessment. The assessment was different from anything I've every seen before, and was pretty much a test to see how resourceful you are. It tested critical thinking, grammar, and math skills.
Within a couple of hours I received an email asking me to set up an in person interview, which was done a few days later. My in person interview last about an hour and consisted of an onsite interview and a video conference with an off-site person (each lasted about 30 minutes). The questions were pretty straight forward, and both of my interviewers were organized and friendly.
Once again within hours I received an email from them, this time requesting 2-4 professional references from managers/coworkers. After that there was a bit of a wait due to my interview taking place right before a holiday. A week after my in person I was called and offered a position.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions that require you to at least attempt to familiarize yourself with the company, and their platform. There's also a great deal of critical thinking required for the assessment and phone interview.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eventbrite in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter who, after a brief in-person screen, invited me for a round of on-site interviews.
On-site interviews consisted of two directors, one manager, one senior software engineer, and the VP of engineering. After the last interview, the recruiter gave me a brief tour of the new Eventbrite office.

The engineering manager who interviewed me seemed disinterested throughout my time with him and was on his phone as I coded through his problem. Otherwise, everyone else was pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing challenging for technical questions, to be honest. I don't think they liked my responses for behavioral/culture fit questions, though.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator

Interviewed at Eventbrite

Interview Details – I submitted an application through an internal referral and a phone interview set up within a couple of hours. The interview was scheduled a few days later. The recruiter was friendly over e-mail and on the phone. No hard questions were asked. She asked me to describe my job history. This is where I screwed up. From reading other reviews and talking to people, I hone down my story as if I'm pitching to investors within 2 minutes, but I rambled for probably 7 minutes. She didn't speak much because she was listening for something that would set me apart from the candidates. I lost her interest; I probably sounded like a telemarketer. In the end she did not describe the company or the position like she said she would in the beginning of the call, because the interview was a no go. It would have been nice if she went through the effort, but it was not worth the time on her end. She asked me if I have used their preferred software. She gave me one sentence answers for the two questions I asked. I wrote a thank you e-mail immediately and asked a few follow-up question. I got a rejection e-mail within 6 hours. I asked for feedback on my interview and received no response. The entire process took 4 days. I appreciated the quick turnaround. I already knew a lot about the company and was very familar with their service from customer and client standpoint. I just didn't interview well.

Interview Question – Describe your job history.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Client Services Associate
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eventbrite in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in April and competed the initial application. I was told about 1-2 weeks later that the recruitment team at the Home Office (San Francisco) liked my credentials so I was sent a homework assignment. After completion of the assignment, I was told that they had stopped hiring for the first wave but would start again in May. Instead of rejecting me, they marked my application as"in process".

After noticing that after 2-3 weeks my application status did not change, I contacted Eventbrite and they scheduled me for a phone interview. The phone interview took place a week later. 30 minute interview consisting of: 5 minutes of ice breaking, 20 minutes of Role Playing as a Eventbrite employee and a 5 minute debrief. Soon after, I was scheduled for an in person interview for the following week.

Then things get really interesting...

I had two back to back 1 on 1 interviews that consisted of a virtual interview and an interview with the regional recruiter. The interviewer for the 1 on 1 virtual interview via Google Hangout was unprepared. The interviewers didn't bother to test their connection beforehand and I had to stare at the screen waiting for her to reconnect multiple times. Also had to compete with lots of background noise (crying baby and ringing telephones). My second interview with the recruiter was very awkward. The second interviewer did not wear appropriate clothing...it was very clear she had been partying or was about to. I understand the company culture is relaxed but I wasn't expecting it to be at that level. There was also a lot of fidgeting with other resumes and clothing and it really threw me off guard. It also seemed as if the recruiter wanted someone to match the same experience level as her (former employment at retail) than any other customer service position. Overall, I was very unimpressed and felt as if my interviewers could have put forth more effort.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Part Time Customer Service Interview

Part Time Customer Service

I applied online and interviewed at Eventbrite.

Interview Details – I had a very positive phone interview and an in-person interview was scheduled quickly. However, they called to reschedule several times and fortunately my schedule allowed.

I had a rather strange in-person interview experience. They did not have a permanent space yet, and interviews were held in a corporate apartment where the interviewers were also living. The apartment was not orderly, personal items seemed interspersed with business items, and my interviewer was dressed extremely casually, wearing leggings and no shoes.

I understand that the company has a comfortable, and laid back style, but this overall this was confusing to me. It seemed unprofessional and frankly, I felt rather uncomfortable.

Interview Question – phone interview included real time role play of customer service, navigating the website and answering questions regarding troubleshooting and tech support   Answer Question

Client Services Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Eventbrite in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took around 15 days. I was interviewing remotely, so my process took a bit longer. I really enjoyed most of my interview process. The more I researched Eventbrite, read interviews with Kevin & Julia Hartz, the co-founders of the company, and spoke with employees at various levels throughout the process, I became increasingly impressed and excited about what they do and how they do it. It was clear to me that they've succeeded in building a dynamic culture that has resulted in buy-in and dedication from their employees, which has resulted in many accolades and unbelievable growth of their company over the recent months.

The only part of the interview process that was difficult for me was that it didn't feel they respected my time in several instances. For example, I had taken paid time off my current job in order to interview during the time they scheduled, and without letting me know they were hours late for one interview, then emailed me telling me the position had been filled, then called me to say they had made a mistake and wanted to reschedule me. At that point, they could only reschedule me for the next day (another work day for me) and basically told me I'd just have to take whatever time they offered and take more time off work if I wanted to continue in the process. A part of that is understandable as I was the one seeking employment, but it also felt like they could have offered a bit of flexibility on their end considering they were the ones who had made a mistake and were now costing me even more time off work.

However, each person I spoke with, from the initial interview, to the follow up, to the final interview, I found to be engaging, well spoken, knowledgeable about the company and it's endeavors, and very encouraging to me as a potential employee. Based on my conversations with each of them, I was very surprised when I didn't get an offer. (To be clear, not because I think I was the most deserving candidate, as I'm sure there were several, but because some of the verbiage and leading questions led me to believe they were going to be making an offer).

All in all, if another position were to come open I would love the opportunity to work at Eventbrite. I left the process feeling inspired by their hard work and success, and confident that I would have been a great fit to continue and even improve upon the work they are doing.

Interview Question – There was a "trick" question of sorts regarding the fees charged to the event organizer that I knew the answer to in hindsight, but based on the way it was asked I panicked and made it more difficult than it was. I would just say read through the FAQ section on the website and you'll be fine!   Answer Question

Worked for Eventbrite? Contribute to the Community!