Eventbrite

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Acct Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eventbrite.

I applied online for this position and received an email a week or 2 weeks after to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview was with the recruiter and the second phone interview was set up about 1 week later with the hiring manager. The recruiter let me know she would let me know within 3 days if I would have the opportunity to come in for the first round of in-person interviews. Unfortunately it took her 2.5 weeks to get back to me, while I was emailing her asking about a follow-up on the process. The first round of the interviews went well, met with potential team members. Again, it took the recruiter 2 weeks to get back to me regarding the 2nd round of in-person interviews, after she had said it would take 3-4 days. The 2nd round interviews were scheduled, however the hiring manager would not be able to be present and on the day of the interview the recruiter was not present as well. The interviewer who took her place shared with me she just received my resume 5 minutes before and was unprepared. Again, not very professional on the recruiter's part and did not make me feel like a valued candidate.

Throughout the entire interview process the recruiter seemed disinterested and forgetful, not the best first impression of the company. In addition, while touring around the office and interviewing with other team members, a large percentage of the San Francisco office was Caucasian, if not 100%. If diversity is an important aspect to a potential candidate, then it will not be found at this company.

Interview Questions
    • How many Account Managers were at the last company you worked at? What was the culture like at your last company?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eventbrite.

First round was just an initial screening. After because I don't have experience I was asked to go in for a tutorial which as not supposed to be an interview as the Recruiter has mentioned. I was very attentive and thought this would be a good time to connect with the girls because culture fit is very important to them. When I got home I emailed the recruiter as instructed to schedule the final interview. I had not heard from her for a few days, so I sent her another quick note. Unfortunately I did not realize I spelt her name wrong. Consequently, she asked me to call her cellphone and I was unable to move forward. Never will make that mistake again in my life.

Interview Questions
    • What was a big mistake you made and what did you do to move forward?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eventbrite.

I applied online and was contacted to phone interview for another position. I spoke to a Recruiter who was late to call me. We then set up a follow-up phone interview for the next week since we ran out of time. The interviewer then emailed me to cancel that interview a few minutes beforehand, claiming he got pulled into a meeting. I replied to reschedule and he never responded. He then reached out to me a month after, not to apologize, but to check in to see if it would make sense to talk now. This is an unprofessional way to interact with candidates who've taken the time to prepare to speak with you and have demonstrated interest in your company.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eventbrite in August 2014.

I got an email from their in-house recruiter for an interview for a corporate paralegal opening. We spoke on the phone and she immediately scheduled the next phone interview with an attorney, that call went well and I was invited to come in to their office.

I met with a guy from finance and we spoke about the opportunity. I thought the conversation went well. I noticed that he brought his business card into the interview but did not leave it. I thought that was really odd. Then I met with an attorney and she seemed nice and then in the middle of the interview the HR assistant calls the attorney out of the room and then tells me that there is a "legal emergency" and the legal department has to meet. I was confused. I was told the recruiter would contact me to reschedule. After about 2 days I contacted the recruiter and in return I got the "nice meeting you but..." email. I responded to find out what happened. She said that they thought I was nice but that I didn't have the skillset to meet their requirements. I told her that my skillset hadn't changed since our phone call and then I let it go because I realized that there was 'legal emergency', that was a lie. I wouldn't want to work at a company that treats people like that. VERY unprofessional.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eventbrite in August 2014.

1) Got contacted by a recruiter via email and scheduled a call with hiring manager 2) Hiring manager missed the call so we spoke after rescheduling once 3) Spoke with the recruiter again 4) Test 5) In-person interview, 1:1 with a few people. Next step was supposed to be a final interview if I were chosen for the position. However, I was not (I received a nice email from the recruiter).

Some comments:
    - Although the overall process was typical, my experience was very different than in any other interviews.
    - First, I thought the first phone interview with the hiring manager was rather short (15 mts and I did not get ask any questions). I thought the interview went ok but not very well; i was deeply surprised that I was chosen for the next round.
    - During the in-person interview a majority of interviewers (4 out of 5) seemed rather unprepared and disengaged (which was discouraging) - one was there as a replacement of someone else, another one said that he was actually unsure about why he was even asked to interview me.
    - Living in South Bay, I was rather surprised that everyone at the office (I got a tour) seemed to be 1) young, 2) American and 3) white, so I realized after a while that not being an American and having a foreign accent may actually matter here.
    - I was puzzled how the interviewers actually made a decision about whom to hire. As I mentioned before, I was even surprised that I was chosen for the in-person round. The only answer I can think of is that the team was hiring based on an overall impression and although I have a lot energy, I felt like I would not fit in the company culture (it seemed like everyone there was smart in a loud way, which is not who I am).

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions but everyone seemed disengaged which made it difficult to participate in the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Eventbrite in July 2014.

The entire interview process was quick and simple. After initially submitting my application, I was asked the very next day through email to complete an assessment; this required math skills, grammar skills, critical thinking, and researching their website. Two days later, I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which took place five days later.

The phone interviewer asked me the initial "tell me about yourself" question and then proceeded onto questions about past difficult experiences in customer service and how I overcame them. The next part of the interview was a call simulation (they didn't expect me to know the answers right away, but were definitely looking for me to handle not knowing an answer with the right attitude), and then a quick wrap-up conversation. The interviewer was engaging and informative, and the interview lasted around 40 minutes.

I was invited to an in-person interview just hours after the phone interview, which I had to schedule for 1 week later due to conflicts, but they were prepared to interview me within a few days had I been able to. The in-person interviewers were very laid-back and friendly but obviously prepared. I took 30 minutes with one interviewer, then 40 minutes with another interviewer. Their questions about my work background and interest in the company were straightforward, though I did get a couple "for-fun" questions like "what is your spirit animal?". It was clear that they were looking for someone who would fit in with the laid-back start-up culture. Afterwards, I sent a follow-up email thanking them.

Three days later, they said they were moving forward with the process and just had to check my references. Three days after that, I was extended an offer by phone, which I accepted. The entire process took less than 3 weeks, and I found it simple and even fun.

Interview Questions
    • (Phone interview) "Can you show me how to do reserved seating for my events?"   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview (Part Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Eventbrite in July 2014.

The hiring and interview process was quick, and easy. I filled out the online application, and within a week, I'd received an email stating that they were interested and requesting that I fill out an assessment. The assessment was a test to see how resourceful you are with finding things on the internet (.i.e their website). It tested critical thinking, grammar, and math skills.
    About a day later, I received an email asking me to provide my availability for a phone interview. I scheduled it and the interviewer called me promptly. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of general get to know you questions, a simulated call, and follow-up questions.. The next day I received an email telling me thanks for the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you want to build in the fees of Eventbrite when creating a ticket price, how do you do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eventbrite in July 2014.

Two days after applying, I was asked to do an online assessment. It covered logical math, resourcefulness, and written communication skills. The next day I was sent an email that said they "like my style" and was asked to pick a time for a phone interview. The phone interview began with a few basic questions, tell me about yourself, what is a time you gave/got good customer service, why do you want to work at Eventbrite, etc. Then we began the mock customer service call portion. I had to walk her thru some basic questions an event organizer would have when setting up their event on the website. My best advice would be to set up an account and go thru the process of setting up an event before your interview (just don't publish it.) Really look around the dashboard, and make sure you set up your event as paid tickets and not free. This and looking around some of the FAQ's in the help center will prepare you to do well. I did not get a full time position, but am still going to interview for a part-time position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how to set your eventbrite fees to be absorbed by the purchaser (or maybe not absorbed, I can't remember.) But because I had set up my event to be free, I hadn't seen that part of the process and missed that question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The interview process was relatively thorough, but did not take too long. There were stages of the process - beginning with a written assessment, then a phone interview and role play, then multiple in-person interviews, and finally conversations with references. That being said, even while interviewing, the everyone at Eventbrite makes you feel right at home the moment you walk into the office.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about past experience and personal opinions about the ways to best serve a client.   Answer Question
    There is not much room for negotiation in entry level positions, but they're definitely open to discussing the future and your desired career path.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eventbrite in July 2014.

I filled out the application online and put in a pretty great cover letter. I had all of the necessary qualifications and experience needed for this job and was actually very excited for the opportunity. I did my research for quite some time and grew more and more enthusiastic about getting a job at Eventbrite.

I was asked to take an examination online which went very well. It consisted of basic math and problem solving skills. It also included questions in regard to real life scenarios and how you would handle them. That part was also pretty easy. Since that went well, I was then scheduled a phone interview.

The phone interview is where my experience went from positive to negative. I tried to be as positive and as engaged as I could be but my interviewer did not show much interest from the start nor did she try to be engaged with me. I usually have no problem feeling comfortable speaking to people. She lacked enthusiasm. I handled my interview well nonetheless and continued being friendly. We went through the mock customer service call, which was a very fun and interesting experience. I made one minor mistake in the beginning and it was explained to me. Once finished, she said I will be contacted to schedule an in person interview. A couple of days later, I received an email saying I don't have the experience they're looking for. (Note: My main job experience is customer service!)

I was very offended. It made no sense to me. They could have at least tried to meet me in person. But after looking at their blog, I could understand why I wasn't hired. They aren't a very diverse company. The majority of their employees are white. My name isn't an American name and I definitely didn't sound white (I don't have any kind of accent either). Even their new Nashville team so far is mostly white.

I asked them what I was lacking, very nicely, just so that I could understand for future improvement, but no one ever responded.

You can be as American as you can be but if you don't have a very American name or sound white, your chances are very low with this not so diverse company.

Sincerely, a very hurt and offended applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Share a difficult customer service experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question