EverBank Financial

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.6

Banking Specialist Interview

The hiring and interviewing process was done in an efficient timeline. There were a total of 3 interviews made

Interview Questions
    • There were your typical questions, such as: were do you see yourself in 5 years, Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your normal duty.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EverBank Financial in May 2013.

Got a call from recruiter a day or two after applying online. Great conversation, recommended to hiring manager the next day (phone). Had a face-to-face interview a week later. Then had 2 more phone conversations with 2 different people 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were appropriate, covered my experience and qualifications for the position. The 4th person I talked to (I had a total of 5 interviews) was close to being rude, very critical of my experience and job knowledge, which had already been covered well by the recruiter and hiring manager. A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter (who was absolutely awesome) and informed that another candidate was being considered. I'm not sure if the 4th interviewer was having a bad day or why her tone was very different from the other 3 individuals I talked to. I don't know why I wasn't selected over someone else, I can only speculate. It was very disappointing to go through 5 interviews and end up without an offer.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EverBank Financial in May 2013.

Applied through campus jobs site and was interviewed on campus for a financial position. I was then passed through for an on site interview, but this time in sales/marketing. Both of these interviews were highly conversational and enjoyable experiences. I gained a real connection with the people I was interviewing. They hire the person, not the skills, though it doesn't hurt to have some.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, but I had success with being able to talk about their business because I had some past experiences. Doing your homework and actually having an opinion on the issues gets you far in these interviews.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was weighing other options and talking with a recruiter over the phone about my timing.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EverBank Financial in May 2013.

Hiring and interview process moves along quickly. Candidates may interview with several others during the process. It is very helpful if you know someone who already works there or are referred by another employee.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer will ask detailed questions about agency guidelines to test your knowledge.   Answer Question
    Negotiation possible, but salary is slightly below the market.

Loss Mitigation Review Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EverBank Financial in April 2013.

There was only one interview.

IT Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EverBank Financial in February 2013.

Two level interview process. Very quick to responsd after the first phone interview, came in for live interview and it took 3 weeks for job offer to come in.

Interview Questions
    • New position, not very many system related questions more personality related questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

IT Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EverBank Financial in January 2013.

HR department took a very long time to communicate any news - good or bad. The interview process was a 2-Tier approach - Phone at Manager level, then Manager and Director level in person. Questions were general IT questions. Had to create a sample requirements document on the spot. Entire in-person interview process to about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - Didn't interview with the Manager I would be reporting to and didn't know that until after I accepted the position.   Answer Question
    Learn all you can about the organization to know what you are getting into.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online – interviewed at EverBank Financial in September 2012.

Submitted my resume online, and received a call the same night. Returned the call the next day, and scheduled an interview later that week. Got there a few minutes early, and was down on like I had interrupted a board meeting (they were having lunch in the meeting room directly behind the receptionist's desk). The interview consisted of about twelve minutes of the hiring manager stumbling through a few questions, looking at my resume like it was written by a Vulcan scribe. Then he told me that this was just the preliminary screening of applicants, and that he would be getting back to me on Monday. Coincidentally, that was Labor Day, so I didn't expect to hear anything that day. At that point, I didn't really care if they called, because I wouldn't work for a group that had such horrible people in charge, or allowed people to be taken advantage of - that was a complete waste of my time and money just to get to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. There were hardly any questions. And they were all of the type that could have been asked over the phone, like most hiring managers do to weed through the numerous resumes BEFORE scheduling an interview. For example - tell me about your attention to detail. How fast do you type? How do you prioritize work? I've been a professional, full time worker my whole life. I have never had someone so blatantly waste my time or be so lackadaisical in the hiring process.   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EverBank Financial in September 2012.

My recruiter set up the initial phone screen/interview on August 29th. I received feedback and scheduled for a face-to-face on for September 4th with the IT director and Lead DBA. Following the first face-to-face, my recruiter told me that the CTO would like to meet with me so a 2nd face-to-face was scheduled for September 20th at this point it seems like I was on the home stretch. On October 4th, I heard from my recruiter that they decided to go with a local candidate - I guess they had issue with my commute. Just when you think it was over, my recruiter calls me on October 8th tells me something didn't work out with their 1st candidate and Everbank is asking if I'm still available and interested. Sure why not - HR sends me paperwork for background screening and after a week of waiting, HR reveals that management was still conducting other interviews and would be getting back to me with their final decision. At this point, I just said forget it, 3 interviews, 6 weeks of back and forth/waiting and such a hazy and undeceive process, such a disappointment and a waste of time for such a large organization.

Interview Questions
    • How would plan a cluster migration for an end of life server?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EverBank Financial in February 2012.

Phone interview with recruiter, referred from other interviewer. 1:1 interview followed a few days later based on schedule opening for both of us. Questions were basic in regards to my resume and experience. Good helpful fluid discussions with the director. Generally positive but HR was unresponsive and uncommunicative.

Interview Questions

Declined the offer as they did not respond in well over a month, no call backs to VM messages or emails. No contact that position was closed or other was chosen. I made the decision to call it off.