Evercore Partners Interview Questions

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

1st round on campus, second round 4 30-minute interviews. technical in the sense of making sure you really understand dcf, merger model, high-level of lbo. people are very nice and help you through problems if you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• what does debt do to a dcf valuation   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

I visited the office around 5 times for multiple rounds of interviews. Each time, I met about 5 or so bankers who asked me detailed questions about the deals that I was working on, my understanding of the big picture and my team. They were very cordial, and seemed like a great fun team. The office atmosphere was relaxed and people were very friendly. It seemed in short like a bank that was also a cool start-up.

Interview Questions

• Your analyst is a star but is going to a PE shop. He is highly disinterested in your current project. What do you do in this case?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

Very conversational, no tough questions. The company is looking for the right fit rather than someone with great qualifications. Be confident about yourself and what you have done in the past, explain how that relates to the role you are interviewing for. I did not get the offer as they took an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

Friendly, but highly Technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

first round interview- on grounds

Interview Questions

• walk through the 3 financial statements when you sell some asset   Answer Question

Interview

Two on one interview. Interviewers were really friendly and they walk you through the answer if you're obviously stuck. Asked several questions about valuation, along with detailed questions about your previous summer internships.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Superday with Evercore research team. 4 back to back interviews with senior analyst and a lunch with 2 junior analysts.

Summer M&A Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

1st rounds on campus, 2nd rounds at evercore's nyc offices

Interview Questions

• Every single person besides for the MD at the super day asked a question regarding some pp&e (usually land) being purchased and sold for a loss several years later and asked to be walked through the 3 statements   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied through a campus recruiting program. I had a friend who took the research interview right before me who said it was very casual will all fit questions. I step in for my sales interview and was questioned tech questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

haven't heard back

Energy M&A Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Evercore Partners (Evanston, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I got invited to do an on-campus interview with Evercore Partners. It was really laid back, they just talked to me for 30 minutes. They weren't that interested in finding somebody who had a lot of background in finance, but wanted to find a person that they thought they would get along with well.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be involved in sales or trading or investment banking? What are the differences?   Answer Question