Evercore Partners

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.9

Middle Operations Junior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Very conversational, no tough questions. The company is looking for the right fit rather than someone with great qualifications. Be confident about yourself and what you have done in the past, explain how that relates to the role you are interviewing for. I did not get the offer as they took an internal candidate.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Friendly, but highly Technical questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Evercore Partners.

first round interview- on grounds

Interview Questions
    • walk through the 3 financial statements when you sell some asset   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Two on one interview. Interviewers were really friendly and they walk you through the answer if you're obviously stuck. Asked several questions about valuation, along with detailed questions about your previous summer internships.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

Applied through a campus recruiting program. I had a friend who took the research interview right before me who said it was very casual will all fit questions. I step in for my sales interview and was questioned tech questions.

haven't heard back

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

Superday with Evercore research team. 4 back to back interviews with senior analyst and a lunch with 2 junior analysts.

Summer M&A Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

1st rounds on campus, 2nd rounds at evercore's nyc offices

Interview Questions
    • Every single person besides for the MD at the super day asked a question regarding some pp&e (usually land) being purchased and sold for a loss several years later and asked to be walked through the 3 statements   Answer Question

Energy M&A Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Evercore Partners in January 2012.

I got invited to do an on-campus interview with Evercore Partners. It was really laid back, they just talked to me for 30 minutes. They weren't that interested in finding somebody who had a lot of background in finance, but wanted to find a person that they thought they would get along with well.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be involved in sales or trading or investment banking? What are the differences?   Answer Question

Institutional Equiteis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, asked of a lot of fit questions, and pitched on a stock that I was interested in. No market update.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a stock that you are interested in.   View Answer

Restructuring Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2011.

The Evercore interview was quite technical. They are looking to only advance those candidates who have a solid understanding of finance and valuations. Know how to do a DCF and calculate the WACC at the very minimum. You may also need to understand beta calculations for their business, how an overstatement of depreciation (or gain/loss from the sale of an asset) will flow through the 3 financial statements, etc. Bottom line: preparation will take a great deal of time and energy, so don't approach it any other way. Even rejection from the interview process is a positive experience if you spent the time to prepare, because all other interviews will be disappointingly easy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you calculate the beta of our stock?   View Answer