Evercore Partners Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.9

Restructuring Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2011.

The Evercore interview was quite technical. They are looking to only advance those candidates who have a solid understanding of finance and valuations. Know how to do a DCF and calculate the WACC at the very minimum. You may also need to understand beta calculations for their business, how an overstatement of depreciation (or gain/loss from the sale of an asset) will flow through the 3 financial statements, etc. Bottom line: preparation will take a great deal of time and energy, so don't approach it any other way. Even rejection from the interview process is a positive experience if you spent the time to prepare, because all other interviews will be disappointingly easy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you calculate the beta of our stock?   View Answer

M&A Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in October 2011.

Very Technical
    Interviewers put you under pressure

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

Applied through a campus recruiting program. I had a friend who took the research interview right before me who said it was very casual will all fit questions. I step in for my sales interview and was questioned tech questions.

haven't heard back

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

Superday with Evercore research team. 4 back to back interviews with senior analyst and a lunch with 2 junior analysts.

Summer M&A Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

1st rounds on campus, 2nd rounds at evercore's nyc offices

Interview Questions
    • Every single person besides for the MD at the super day asked a question regarding some pp&e (usually land) being purchased and sold for a loss several years later and asked to be walked through the 3 statements   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in December 2008.

First of all, I'd like to note that this was not a formal process, as I did not apply directly through my school's career services. Instead, I received this opportunity from contacting a friend who worked at EverCore before. The interview process was pretty basic: a mix of behaviorial and technical. They seem to stress the behaviorial more. Maybe this is because I had little experience working in finance, as I was an engineer before. The process took over two days, as the first day was mostly behaviorial (why finance? why this group? why not engineering? etc.) The second was technical (walk me through a DCF, pitch me three stocks, how does M&A affect stockprice, etc.) I thought I did pretty well, guess they weren't impressed.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in July 2010.

Standard interview process; generic questions. Met new HR Recruiter, who has only been employed there for 3 months so she was not very useful in getting any insight on role, culture, etc. The annoying thing was that she kept on questioning competencies and job duties that were not on the posted job description. Felt like a big waste of time but

Nice building (main hq at 55 E 52nd St) and as I understand it, they are building out and in rapid expansion mode. Currently at 450 ee's (approx 250 in 2005) and growing; building an IB shop in Hong Kong- but very small in comparison to bulge brackets, etc. The line, "everyone pulls their weight around here" was repeated over and over so one can expect excrutiating, long hours. Biz casual attire. Culture is a bit stodgy, lots of closed offices- very quiet. It's like a scene out of Mad Men but modernized- Male Sr Partners in their 40's & 50's and the eager young guns (analyst/associate class made up of guys in their 20's.

IBD Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2010.

behavioral question+ finance theory+ brain tease

Institutional Equiteis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, asked of a lot of fit questions, and pitched on a stock that I was interested in. No market update.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a stock that you are interested in.   View Answer

Middle Operations Junior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Very conversational, no tough questions. The company is looking for the right fit rather than someone with great qualifications. Be confident about yourself and what you have done in the past, explain how that relates to the role you are interviewing for. I did not get the offer as they took an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Worked for Evercore Partners? Contribute to the Community!