Evercore Partners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Institutional Equiteis Interview

Institutional Equiteis
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, asked of a lot of fit questions, and pitched on a stock that I was interested in. No market update.

Interview Question – Tell me about a stock that you are interested in.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in December 2008.

Interview Details – First of all, I'd like to note that this was not a formal process, as I did not apply directly through my school's career services. Instead, I received this opportunity from contacting a friend who worked at EverCore before. The interview process was pretty basic: a mix of behaviorial and technical. They seem to stress the behaviorial more. Maybe this is because I had little experience working in finance, as I was an engineer before. The process took over two days, as the first day was mostly behaviorial (why finance? why this group? why not engineering? etc.) The second was technical (walk me through a DCF, pitch me three stocks, how does M&A affect stockprice, etc.) I thought I did pretty well, guess they weren't impressed.

M&A Analyst Interview

M&A Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very Technical
Interviewers put you under pressure

Interview Question – Talk me through an EBITDA calculation   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Evercore Partners in December 2011.

Interview Details – One interview with the hiring manager

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, initially started off with a telephone interview. The interview process included technical and fit questions so as to recognize if there is a fit with the rest of the team. Prepare for technical and accountancy questions well. Also be prepared to give examples of areas you have excelled in like college or in athletics. I was asked about pitching a stock and also running through a Discounted Cash Flow. Overall not much communication from one interview to the other and a little disorganized.

IBD Analyst Interview

IBD Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2010.

Interview Details – behavioral question+ finance theory+ brain tease

Interview Question – How to value a company?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in July 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview process; generic questions. Met new HR Recruiter, who has only been employed there for 3 months so she was not very useful in getting any insight on role, culture, etc. The annoying thing was that she kept on questioning competencies and job duties that were not on the posted job description. Felt like a big waste of time but

Nice building (main hq at 55 E 52nd St) and as I understand it, they are building out and in rapid expansion mode. Currently at 450 ee's (approx 250 in 2005) and growing; building an IB shop in Hong Kong- but very small in comparison to bulge brackets, etc. The line, "everyone pulls their weight around here" was repeated over and over so one can expect excrutiating, long hours. Biz casual attire. Culture is a bit stodgy, lots of closed offices- very quiet. It's like a scene out of Mad Men but modernized- Male Sr Partners in their 40's & 50's and the eager young guns (analyst/associate class made up of guys in their 20's.