Evercore Partners Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

Energy M&A Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (Evanston, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I got invited to do an on-campus interview with Evercore Partners. It was really laid back, they just talked to me for 30 minutes. They weren't that interested in finding somebody who had a lot of background in finance, but wanted to find a person that they thought they would get along with well.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be involved in sales or trading or investment banking? What are the differences?   Answer Question

Restructuring Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The Evercore interview was quite technical. They are looking to only advance those candidates who have a solid understanding of finance and valuations. Know how to do a DCF and calculate the WACC at the very minimum. You may also need to understand beta calculations for their business, how an overstatement of depreciation (or gain/loss from the sale of an asset) will flow through the 3 financial statements, etc. Bottom line: preparation will take a great deal of time and energy, so don't approach it any other way. Even rejection from the interview process is a positive experience if you spent the time to prepare, because all other interviews will be disappointingly easy.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the beta of our stock?   1 Answer

Institutional Equiteis Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, asked of a lot of fit questions, and pitched on a stock that I was interested in. No market update.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stock that you are interested in.   1 Answer

Production Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview went well with two employees the department manager and the facilities manager and after interviewing the decision was made to have me on board with the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was to be a hourly job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

First of all, I'd like to note that this was not a formal process, as I did not apply directly through my school's career services. Instead, I received this opportunity from contacting a friend who worked at EverCore before. The interview process was pretty basic: a mix of behaviorial and technical. They seem to stress the behaviorial more. Maybe this is because I had little experience working in finance, as I was an engineer before. The process took over two days, as the first day was mostly behaviorial (why finance? why this group? why not engineering? etc.) The second was technical (walk me through a DCF, pitch me three stocks, how does M&A affect stockprice, etc.) I thought I did pretty well, guess they weren't impressed.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners in December 2011.

Interview

One interview with the hiring manager

M&A Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evercore Partners in October 2011.

Interview

Very Technical Interviewers put you under pressure

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evercore Partners in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online, initially started off with a telephone interview. The interview process included technical and fit questions so as to recognize if there is a fit with the rest of the team. Prepare for technical and accountancy questions well. Also be prepared to give examples of areas you have excelled in like college or in athletics. I was asked about pitching a stock and also running through a Discounted Cash Flow. Overall not much communication from one interview to the other and a little disorganized.

IBD Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2010.

Interview

behavioral question+ finance theory+ brain tease

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evercore Partners in July 2010.

Interview

Standard interview process; generic questions. Met new HR Recruiter, who has only been employed there for 3 months so she was not very useful in getting any insight on role, culture, etc. The annoying thing was that she kept on questioning competencies and job duties that were not on the posted job description. Felt like a big waste of time but Nice building (main hq at 55 E 52nd St) and as I understand it, they are building out and in rapid expansion mode. Currently at 450 ee's (approx 250 in 2005) and growing; building an IB shop in Hong Kong- but very small in comparison to bulge brackets, etc. The line, "everyone pulls their weight around here" was repeated over and over so one can expect excrutiating, long hours. Biz casual attire. Culture is a bit stodgy, lots of closed offices- very quiet. It's like a scene out of Mad Men but modernized- Male Sr Partners in their 40's & 50's and the eager young guns (analyst/associate class made up of guys in their 20's.