Evercore Partners Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Production Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2011.

Interview went well with two employees the department manager and the facilities manager and after interviewing the decision was made to have me on board with the company

Interview Questions
    it was to be a hourly job.

Summer M&A Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

1st rounds on campus, 2nd rounds at evercore's nyc offices

Interview Questions
    • Every single person besides for the MD at the super day asked a question regarding some pp&e (usually land) being purchased and sold for a loss several years later and asked to be walked through the 3 statements   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

Superday with Evercore research team. 4 back to back interviews with senior analyst and a lunch with 2 junior analysts.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Evercore Partners in February 2012.

Applied through a campus recruiting program. I had a friend who took the research interview right before me who said it was very casual will all fit questions. I step in for my sales interview and was questioned tech questions.

haven't heard back

Restructuring Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2011.

The Evercore interview was quite technical. They are looking to only advance those candidates who have a solid understanding of finance and valuations. Know how to do a DCF and calculate the WACC at the very minimum. You may also need to understand beta calculations for their business, how an overstatement of depreciation (or gain/loss from the sale of an asset) will flow through the 3 financial statements, etc. Bottom line: preparation will take a great deal of time and energy, so don't approach it any other way. Even rejection from the interview process is a positive experience if you spent the time to prepare, because all other interviews will be disappointingly easy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you calculate the beta of our stock?   View Answer

Institutional Equiteis Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Evercore Partners in September 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting, asked of a lot of fit questions, and pitched on a stock that I was interested in. No market update.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a stock that you are interested in.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Evercore Partners in December 2008.

First of all, I'd like to note that this was not a formal process, as I did not apply directly through my school's career services. Instead, I received this opportunity from contacting a friend who worked at EverCore before. The interview process was pretty basic: a mix of behaviorial and technical. They seem to stress the behaviorial more. Maybe this is because I had little experience working in finance, as I was an engineer before. The process took over two days, as the first day was mostly behaviorial (why finance? why this group? why not engineering? etc.) The second was technical (walk me through a DCF, pitch me three stocks, how does M&A affect stockprice, etc.) I thought I did pretty well, guess they weren't impressed.

Worked for Evercore Partners? Contribute to the Community!