Everest College Interview Questions

2.8

High School Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Everest College in August 2014.

Applied online and was contacted the same day for an interview. The person I interviewed with was amazing, really easy to talk to and was very clear on the job duties etc. Was asked to come in a week later to the campus for a final interview. Stayed at the campus for a couple hours shadowing another admissions rep and was then told that I had the job. I was asked to fill out all necessary on boarding paperwork including tax forms. I was told that I would start in a week and to wait for a call to confirm what time I needed to show up on my first day. I waited a few days and no call. Finally the Friday before I was to start, I was told that because the company is going downhill with all of the bad publicity they have been receiving and that they are in the process of being sold, my position was eliminated and that I no longer had the job. I was also informed that the regional VP that had hired me had actually been fired that same day.

Needless to say it was a COMPLETE waste of time. I have never in my professional life seen such incompetence and unprofessional behavior as I did with Everest. If this is the way they treat employes/potential employees, it isn't a far stretch to see that they do the same to their students. In the end, I am extremely happy that the position did not work out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Everest College in July 2014.

The interview started with a over the phone interview followed up within a week with an in person interview. The interview was a two on one style interview. The phone interview lead smoothly into the in person interview. The two people who interviewed me were directors (managers) of admissions teams and one of them selected me for their team.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with change and losing a student to another school?   View Answer
    No negotiations needed, they matched my last salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Everest College in June 2014.

I originally interviewed with DOA and campus president for one location. Was actually in the hiring process passed background just waiting for offer letter after months went by was contacted by the Arlington campus saying that the campus had closed. So they brought me in did a group interview following interview w/DOA and CP they said they wanted to make me an offer she did it wouldn't be right away to give them about a wk. So needless to say another month went by. They keep contacting me originally i didn't apply they found my resume. They are full of it I'm like what are you guys doing playing around w/me life wasting my time with false hope and lies.

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Everest College.

1. Phone screeing
    2. In person interview with Director of Career Service (salary expectations will be discussed)
    3. In person interview with Campus President
    4. Phone interview with Regional Director of Career Services.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Research salary on Glassdoor and throw a number.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Everest College.

One interview with the finance manager. Regular questions.

Straight-forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Everest College.

I applied for a job at the Greenspoint TX campus and received a call back one week later. I had an interview with the admissions manager. The next day I had a phone interview with another admissions manager. The following week I had an interview with the campus Dean and the regional VP. All interviews went well and I am expecting a job offer this week.

All interviewers were personable and made me feel comfortable. The atmosphere was easygoing

Tips:

The job is heavy phone work (200+ calls/day) so if you don't have prior phone experience sell them on that fact that you can speak well/be persuasive/get students to come in for in person interviews over the phone.
    Be personable and energetic if they see that in the interview they will get a glimpse of how you will interact with prospective students.
    Always give specific examples to the questions they ask.
    There will be at least three interviews so make sure you come up with a list of different questions per interview. (I asked 3-4 different questions at each interview)

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill questions
      Talk about a time you didn't along with your boss AND a co worker
      Talk about a time you had a difficult customer
      What is your worst quality/something you want to change about yourself?
      I worked in a men clothing store so one interviewer asked me to sell him a suit
      If you were interviewing your self what concerns would you have about hiring yourself?
        View Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

It was simple. A group interview and then a one on one interview with the Director of Admissions and the Campus President.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Everest College in November 2013.

I just had a second phone interview today. It was an hour-long interview via a conference call with two of the online faculty who teach in the subject discipline for which I was interviewed to teach. They were very pleasant, and it was a good conversation. We shared a lot of strategies and teaching ideas back and forth. I came out of the interview feeling fairly confident.

Interview Questions
    The salary is pre-set; there is no negotiation, unfortunately. However, this was made clear to me from the start.

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Everest College.

It was very long and a bit difficult.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, I was looking to move out of current position.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Everest College.

Be Confident during the process.