Everest Group

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Everest Group

Client Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Everest Group in August 2010.

I received a call from an HR recruiter. He asked many questions regarding my current sales position, target numbers vs actuals, and expectations for my new job. In my opinion, the first was the most rigorous of all the interviews as the recruiter was screening applicants for a fit.

My second interview was with the hiring manager. He inquired about my sales methodology, my expectations, how I plan on developing business, and understanding my sales style. Then he explained his expectations for this position and invited me to Dallas for final interviews.

The last round consisted of 5 separate, back to back interviews, with various leadership to represent different divisions of the business. They flew me into Dallas just for the day for the final round. It was very casual and conversational. The objective is primarily to understand how you might work with other divisions and if you would be a good fit for their corporate and sales culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what a typical work day would be like for you from the moment you wake up in the morning until you go to bed.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Everest Group in November 2009.

First Round (2 interviews) was held at my business school and the second round (4 interviews) at Everest's office in Dallas. First round had only cases but the second round was more behavioral in nature. The firm is very small and the culture means a lot to them.
    Also they want people to have a thorough understanding of the outsourcing industry and the ecosystem. They also are very specific about people having interest in operations strategy.
    In terms of people, they are extremely humble. The firm is small and everyone knows everyone and the work culture is very collegial.

Interview Questions
    • Case about a utility company looking to implement a new IT system. Asked to analyze what are the key factors that will influence a decision to outsource or to do it on their own.   Answer Question
    • A case on reducing cost.   View Answer
    • How will you build a financial model for an outsourcing decision. What cost elements will you consider.   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Everest Group in January 2009.

The interview process was fairly quick, considering the selective nature of their process. I had an initial phone interview with the head recruiter. Following the initial phone screening, I had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager. There were lots of "what if" type questions. I was flown to Dallas to engage with management. There were 4 one-hour interviews with various mambers of the executive team. It took about 2 weeks to finally get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your overall philosophy on client development.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for salary.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Case study interview with focus on nos. mainly want to see the ability to think on feet and structural approach. Prepare well for the interview. Knowledge of IT industry shall be required. Be patient.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Everest Group.

I applied for the Analyst position in the Global Sourcing team at Everest Group in Delhi. Although they were a bit dubious while accepting my application because my educational background was unique and I didn't have relevant work experience, they agreed to interview me. I had six rounds of interviews out of which five were case interviews. I enjoyed most of the interviews as my interviewers encouraged out of the box thinking and new ideas.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to the quasi-consulting work of the research arm of Everest Group.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Everest Group in June 2014.

Round 1: HR interview - General background, inclination towards joining the company, etc
    Duration: 15 mins

Round 2: - Telephonic Interview - Question 1 - Background - Strengths and Weaknesses, CV
    Question 2 - Puzzle
    Question 3 - Case discussion for 45 mins
    Total Duration 1:30 mins approx

Round 3: Telephonic Interview with VP- Question 1 - Background
    Question 2: Work related questions
    Question 3: Case discussion for half hour
    More questions from CV towards the end. General questions to check how I think.
    Total duration - 1:30 mins approx

Overall i think both the interviewers were more interested in knowing my approach towards problems/cases than getting the correct answer.

Round 4 : F2F interview in Gurgaon office -
    Discussion with VP - Duration 45 mins
    Discussion related to profile - Duration 30 mins

The confirmation for the offer came in the next day itself
    Compensation and offer came in writing 1 week after the verbal confirmation.
    Overall great experience.

Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Everest Group in February 2009.

I had one case interview at campus. I was then invited at office location for the final round. In final round I had 3 rounds of interviews, 2 case interviews and 1 behavioural.

Interview Questions
    • What was the situation where you have to make a ethical decision?   Answer Question

Engagement Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Everest Group in January 2008.

3 Stage interview process - HR, Case Study and Final Rounds in the Dallas office

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to lead a team and you failed, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question