Everest Institute Admission Representative Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Admissions Representative Interview

Applied for the job and three days later received an email asking me to attend a group interview 10 days later.

Went to the "group" interview and there were only two people (myself included).
The staff were extremely unprofessional and the interview started 45 minutes late. After waiting in the sitting area 3 people called us to a computer room. First, the manager went over the expectations of being an Admissions Rep at Everest and went over 20 (pointless) PowerPoint slides.

Afterwards, they asked us a series of situational questions. The first asked about our work history as it pertains to the job, the second question asked "If you were running late to work and your supervisor called you and asked you were you were and that you are violating your integrity of the college how would you respond?" (They wanted to respond by saying yes, I am violating my integrity by being late and I take full responsibility, see you in a few minutes). It was a dumb question. They also asked why do you want to work for Everest. The interview was non-threatening, unprofessional and easy.

I received a call back that night and had a second interview with the President the next day. The second interview was similar to the first, they had me wait for an hour and the "interview" seemed like a conversation. After that they said they would contact me by phone the next day, and I received an unprofessional email 3 days later offering me the position.

Next, they asked me to go on a third interview with another manager and it was over the phone. Same experience as the previous two.

They claimed they would send me another email regarding salary but I had to contact them. They called and ask "how much you want to get paid?" in those exact words. SO unprofessional.

After negotiating salary, they said I would start Thursday/Friday and never heard back. They responded to my email by saying "oh we sent the paperwork to HR."

One week later I receive an email saying "To everyone who we offered a position: We're currently on a hiring freeze, if you decided to go elsewhere we understand, we don't know when the freeze will get lifted."

SINCE they WASTED so much of my time, it wasn't even worthy of a response.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH EVERST!!! This is the 3rd time this has happened to me with this company (different states and locations), same experience each time. Look elsewhere!!!

Unprofessional. Disorganized. Inconsistent. Not trustworthy. Waste of time.

Other Interview Reviews for Everest Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Everest Institute in May 2010.

First you interview with the Admissions manager, than the DOA if they like you, you will interview with the campus president.

N/A

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Everest Institute in April 2011.

Interview took place in a hotel ballroom first you meet with the Director of Admission then if he or she likes you you get sent to another room to meet with the Campus President and the regional

Interview Questions

Admissions Representative Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Everest Institute in March 2012.

Could not have been a better interview. My interviewer who would also be my manager was nice and made me feel comfortable. She gave prompt feedback through email, this position is similiar to a sales position so if you have a sales background then you will do good on the interview. The office employees seemed really happy which I never really saw in a company and it seemed like everyone gets along and might even hang out after work. They gave me a warm welcome and I could not be more excited to start next week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you like to be managed.
      Describe your sales experience
      This position includes mid-day shifts are you ok with that
        Answer Question
    • Asked me to elaborate on my job experiences   Answer Question
    Simple and liberal. I gave an offer and she gave me a counter offer. Good pay especially for recent grads!

Worked for Everest Institute? Contribute to the Community!