Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Everglades University
- Director (2)
- Director of Student Services (1)
- BURSAR (1)
- Executive Level Role (1)
- Admission Counselor (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL).
The person who I was supposed to interview with quit the day before, so they scrambled around until they got two other directors to do the interview in a conference room. Before the interview was set up, they contacted me by phone and did a phone screen. After the interview, I got an offer by phone the next day and I had to sign their offer letter and complete a personality test.
- They read from the job description and asked me typical questions. I don't think they really care who they hire. They will try anyone who seems qualified. YOU should be interviewing them. My sense was that this place reeked of dysfunction, but I needed a job. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2013.
Last minute calls, "can you come in today?," then three interviews for which I was kept waiting each time by over a half hour. One interview was scheduled against a meeting, so after waiting a half hour, the interview had to be cut short. No return call or follow-up email after the final interview and attempts on my part to follow-up. This is serious dysfunction and no one there looked happy, so it must be the norm. Stay away.
- Make sure you interview them. Dig deep and trust your gut. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2012.
By the way, almost everyone's title is, "director" - that way they can squeeze more out of you! They did a phone screen and the interview was basic. Tell me about yourself. How are you qualified for this job. Explain how you would handle this situation.
- Tell me about yourself, etc. Answer Question