Everglades University

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Everglades University

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

The person who I was supposed to interview with quit the day before, so they scrambled around until they got two other directors to do the interview in a conference room. Before the interview was set up, they contacted me by phone and did a phone screen. After the interview, I got an offer by phone the next day and I had to sign their offer letter and complete a personality test.

Interview Questions

• They read from the job description and asked me typical questions. I don't think they really care who they hire. They will try anyone who seems qualified. YOU should be interviewing them. My sense was that this place reeked of dysfunction, but I needed a job.   Answer Question

Director of Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Last minute calls, "can you come in today?," then three interviews for which I was kept waiting each time by over a half hour. One interview was scheduled against a meeting, so after waiting a half hour, the interview had to be cut short. No return call or follow-up email after the final interview and attempts on my part to follow-up. This is serious dysfunction and no one there looked happy, so it must be the norm. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you interview them. Dig deep and trust your gut.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

By the way, almost everyone's title is, "director" - that way they can squeeze more out of you! They did a phone screen and the interview was basic. Tell me about yourself. How are you qualified for this job. Explain how you would handle this situation.