Everglades University

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Everglades University

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

The person who I was supposed to interview with quit the day before, so they scrambled around until they got two other directors to do the interview in a conference room. Before the interview was set up, they contacted me by phone and did a phone screen. After the interview, I got an offer by phone the next day and I had to sign their offer letter and complete a personality test.

Interview Questions

• They read from the job description and asked me typical questions. I don't think they really care who they hire. They will try anyone who seems qualified. YOU should be interviewing them. My sense was that this place reeked of dysfunction, but I needed a job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Everglades University.

Interview

After initial phone screening requested an in person interview. Didn't offer much flexibility with dates despite short notice and out of state travel. Met with executive team for roughly 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

Limited benefits and concerns about culture.

Admission Counselor Interview

Interview

very quick interview....must dress professionally... interview with director of admissions. Took tour of building... BE WARNED THIS IS A SALES POSITION ALL THOUGHT THEY CALL IT "ADMISSIONS"... YOUR MAKING COLD CALLS ALL DAY TRYING TO GET STUDENTS TO ENROLL

Negotiation

open to allowing me take pre planned vacation

BURSAR Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Everglades University.

Interview

They interviewed about 20 people, the questions were run of the mill.

Interview Questions

• Not alot of difficult questions, just wanted to know my background in accounting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered less than I was wanted and would not negotiate

Director of Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Last minute calls, "can you come in today?," then three interviews for which I was kept waiting each time by over a half hour. One interview was scheduled against a meeting, so after waiting a half hour, the interview had to be cut short. No return call or follow-up email after the final interview and attempts on my part to follow-up. This is serious dysfunction and no one there looked happy, so it must be the norm. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you interview them. Dig deep and trust your gut.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Everglades University (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

By the way, almost everyone's title is, "director" - that way they can squeeze more out of you! They did a phone screen and the interview was basic. Tell me about yourself. How are you qualified for this job. Explain how you would handle this situation.