EvergreenHealth Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EvergreenHealth in February 2015.

Three female managers interviewed me at a huge table in a conference room. The questions were pretty typical-nothing out of the ordinary. They told me they would be choosing the finalist in two weeks; however, out of curiosity, five days later I checked the status of my application online. The status basically stated that I was not hired. The next day I received an automatic reply type email thanking me for applying, but that they'd chosen someone else. It was about one and a half weeks earlier than they'd indicated in the interview. It seems they had someone picked out already and it was just a formality to interview me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing professionally in the future/next five years?   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at EvergreenHealth in February 2015.

Applied online, was contacted by HR for an initial phone screen, followed by a phone interview with one of the marketing directors. Shortly after, I was scheduled an on-site tour and panel interview (which ended up being two separate interviews - one with the marketing directors/managers and the second round with the rest of the marketing team) of around 7-10 EvergreenHealth employees.

The on-site interview process took about 2.5 hours and consisted of the typical interview questions, and marketing/events specific questions as well. Following this interview, I was emailed with a request for 5 references (including 2 managers/supervisors) to complete a third-party survey with questions about my skills, qualifications, etc. and this site then aggregates the data into a report on the candidate. I thought surely after asking 5 professional references to complete this tall order and submit the survey within a 24-hour deadline, and feeling very confident that all of these references would give me a great score, I would be offered the position.

I was wrong. Instead, I heard NOTHING back from anyone for a week. No automated thank you but we've chosen a different candidate. No response to my follow-up emails. Radio silence. FINALLY, over a week later, after I sent a second follow-up email, I received a phone call a few days later from the HR contact informing me that they decided to offer the job to another candidate. No reason or explanation and very impersonal.

Just beware of the reference step of this process -- it looks like I'm not the only person this has happened to. Asking for 5 references to complete that task in such a short time without being serious about a candidate puts a bad taste in my mouth, but maybe that's just me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a successful marketing campaign you worked on from start to finish.   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EvergreenHealth in August 2014.

Beware that the request for references does not mean that a job offer can be expected. After an interview, I was contacted to submit references through SkillSurvey.com. I contacted 9 people for references because I do not have much nursing experience. SkillSurvey compiles their responses and supplies the employer with a report of the comments and ratings, all of which are anonymous. It appears that EvergreenHealth uses these reports as a way to evaluate candidates and not simply to make sure that the chosen candidate has been truthful about work history. It is misleading and can jeopardize your current employment if you ask your current employer for a reference. EvergreenHealth does not warn people of this. It is a bad system because your current employer may provide the best information on you but you should not feel comfortable giving permission to EvergreenHealth to access this information. In this way, EvergreenHealth is not playing fair.

Interview Questions
    • For telephone triage interviews, a piece of paper with over a dozen scenarios is presented to the applicant who is asked to speak aloud the thought process for deciding which patients have priority issues. Typing test too.   Answer Question

HIM Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EvergreenHealth.

Panel interview with HIM manager and team of analysts. Usually about 6-8 of them. They have a set list of questions and they go down the list asking each one. The questions are your typical strength/weakness, challenging situation type questions. Nothing unexpected it's just intimidating being in front of a panel of people

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing not on your resume you think we should know about you?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EvergreenHealth in June 2013.

You have to take a test and pass the test before you are consider for an interview. the company will do a back ground check so if anything negative comes up you will not be hired. The DON does all the hiring it is cut and dry either you get hired on the spot or you can forget about them calling you. This not a good job if you just graduated

Interview Questions
    • They give a test and you better be up on your labs.   View Answer
    There is none