Evernote

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Design Intern Interview

Product Design Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Evernote.

Interview Details – The Evernote interview process was one of the best I've ever experienced. Interviewers were all respectful, inquisitive, and passionate about the platform.

Interview Question – In-depth explanation of a specific portfolio project (along with iterative questioning and analysis)   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Evernote.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus's online portal, received a screening call with a recruiter, and was then given a coding challenge which involved building a word frequency counter, but left the implementation details pretty opened ended. I spent 6-8 hours building what I thought was a pretty solid counter and tested and stress-tested it. Within a week, I got a phone interview, but didn't move pass that round.

Interview Question – My phone interview had me build a selector for HTML DOM elements - implementing the ".class1 > .class2" function in particular. I implemented a depth first search, but struggled a bit in getting the > functionality to work.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Evernote in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had a series of phone screens with different hiring managers (about 2). Was never asked any difficult questions. Just about my résumé, my interest in the position and my knowledge of the product suite.

I then had to submit a writing sample--directions on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich ( :/ ).

After getting through to the onsite interview it was basically a round robin interview scheme with the CS team in redwood city. Some were super informal and basically just conversations and some were a bit more inquisitive and intense. Questions like tell me about a time you had to explain a difficult subject/concept in clear and simplified terms? If a user was to contact you complaining about not being able to login to their account, what would your first line of response be?

Overall i never felt like i was thrown for a curveball. The interview process was super easy and i believe i only wasnt offered the position because i was way too expressive of my thoughts of it being a entry-point position and my interest in gravitating towards business development after successfully fulfilling the role.

Staffing Interview

Staffing
Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Evernote in October 2013.

Interview Details – From start to finish, I had a wonderful interview experience with Evernote. After going through the initial pre-screen and phone interview process, I was invited to a recruiting mixer Evernote was hosting at their HQ. It was a great way to get to know some of the team and their culture before coming in for an onsite. By the time I was invited onsite for a full round of interviews, I felt even more excited to learn more about the role and the company. The entire team was very warm and welcoming and even included a full tour of the office. The seating style is open (no cubicles) and collaborative — even Phil Libin sits at a desk amongst all of his team members. Overall I was very impressed by the friendliness of the team and how helpful they were to answer any and all questions I had throughout the interview process.

Interview Question – I didn't experience any "trick questions," nor did I feel put on the spot in a way that would have made me uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Evernote in May 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Evernote twice, both times got offers, but they're different positions. The first time I was just graduating from grad school, and it took me a hard time to make a decision about which offer I should take. In the end, I chose a smaller startup in downtown Palo Alto. After working in the bay area for some time and seen their fast growth, I decided to apply again. And now I'm a full time employee here.
The recruiter Pavlina is a wonderful lady. She gives you very quick responses, and eager to help the candidates. The first time that I interviewed at Evernote, I was a grad school student and nervous as I lack of experiences. But the interview in the Mountain View office went really well. The people are very nice, they listen to what you talk and give you positive feedbacks if you're on the right track, and they're very smart engineers themselves. Both of my interviews here are pretty standard, about 4 rounds, almost all of them are technical interviews. They asks about your general computer science knowledge, why do you want to work for Evernote, no brain teasers.
And I would like to share about some of my working experience here too. Overall the culture is here very encouraging and positive, people are smart and friendly. Office environment is fantastic and food is great. Work life balance is good, no crazy hours like Apple or smaller startups. Compensation is competitive, but probably other companies will offer higher. You should know that it's Pre-IPO and you have a better career path than in Apple/Google/LinkedIn.

Interview Question – not really, all of them are pretty standard. if you have a solid computer science background you should be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Operations Interview

Operations
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Evernote in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. The recruiter called me the following day and was very friendly and professional. I had 2 onsite interviews and the whole process took less than 2 weeks. Very efficient process. The managers/recruiter were very transparent in the whole process.

Interview Question – I was asked to write an email to a customer in Japan. It tested my writing, interpersonal and cultural sensitivity skills. I was impressed because it was a simulation of a real situation with a Japanese customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked my current salary. The offer was very reasonable and fair so did not have to negotiate too much.

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

Senior Operations Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Evernote in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted quickly after submitting my resume and cover letter, and had ample opportunity to ask questions from the start. Everyone was very polite and responsive. I had a Skype interview with a remote Ops guy first, followed by an all-day interview at the RWC campus the following week. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to eat lunch with the CTO, which was great. While all the back-to-back interviews were intense, I felt I was provided with plenty of opportunity to express myself and demonstrate my abilities.

Interview Question – Role-playing scenarios to demonstrate how I would solve a problem under difficult circumstances (e.g., a system unable to fork.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I felt the offer was great and did not feel a need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Evernote in November 2013.

Interview Details – The company and the people i met seem to be good. The process was smooth. Had a couple of phone screenings, then an onsite interview. The questions were challenging and like the environment.

Interview Question – How will you remove duplicate tags from an xml document   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company seems to be very stingy with RSU's. I was offered 4 figure RSU's for 4 years. Who will join a pre ipo company for that number of RSU's.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Evernote in January 2013.

Interview Details – Amazing, great questions, great interviewers

Interview Question – Sourcing Strategies   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fine, no issues

Director Interview

Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Evernote.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very smooth and efficient. Resume to offer was about 10 days and there were no hitches.

Interview Question – I was asked some very technical questions that were directly related to the positions duties. They wanted to make sure I was capable of doing what I claimed.   Answer Question

Worked for Evernote? Contribute to the Community!