Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Evertz Microsystems
- Design Engineer (4)
- Software Design Engineer (3)
- Hardware Design Engineer (3)
- Field Support Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Applications Engineer (2)
- Software Developer (2)
- Embedded Software Engineer (2)
- Digital Design Engineer (1)
- Field Service Engineer (1)
- Embedded Software (1)
- UI Software Developer (1)
- Test Technologist - Coop (1)
- Software Engineer (DSP/Embedded Programmer) (1)
- Software Design Coop (1)
- Java Developer (1)
- Network Support Technician (1)
- Network Technician (1)
- Hardware Designer (1)
- Hardware Engineer (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- Mechanical Designer (1)
- Test (1)
Design Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)).
- phone interview where HR just checks you out - 3 hour onsite technical interview > you meet 3 engineers for an hour each. They ask adhoc technical questions. Their questions may overlap. - offer made on phone
- - none that I recall. The questions were very adhoc -> they did not seem well prepared. I got the impression that each engineer tries to size you up by using their own judgement and collection of random technical questions. Answer Question
I was told that they would start me of at a certain amount then update the amount after a few months of seeing my work. So I accepted. However, things did not work out as I hoped. If you have a choice, demand the amount you want upfront before accepting. Remember that Evertz is not generous when it comes to compensating its workers.
Other Interview Reviews for Evertz Microsystems
Design Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems.
2 Step hiring process. First phone interview with HR and second round technical interview with team leader
- Asked for write a sorting algorithm in sudo language Answer Question
Design Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.
Basic pointer manipulation questions, basic fizz buzz.
They sent the offer, and I happily took it.
Design Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.
First was the phone interview was just basic skillset questions, then I was scheduled for an inperson interview. The main interview was the LONGEST I'd ever had. It lasted for almost 3hours because it was partitioned into several mini interviews with different people. They could have just done a group interview instead. After about an hour, I was so tired I really didnt care how the rest of it went