Everyday Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.6

.NET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Everyday Health in August 2014.

no telephonic. direct in person interview only, just one round. Then the Vice president of technology wanted to spend sometime talking about current project & salary. He reportedly asking for the bribe to pay my first half salary to him.

Interview Questions
    • VP of technology : say something personal about yourself, will you pay half of your first salary towards the non-profit org that I personally been managing for years.   View Answer

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Everyday Health.

Started out with a phone interview that had to do with my background. I was then called in for 2 in person interviews where they asked me bunch of behavioral questions. Everyone asked me why I wanted to work for the company and how I handle stress

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not very tricky however one of my interviewers didn't really ask me as many questions as the other three. She more so wanted to know what I wanted from the company   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Applied online, and got a phone interview from hr. About one week later, I was asked to go onsite. I met two members of the team, including the hiring manager.

QA Engineer Interview

interviewed at Everyday Health in March 2014.

no previous phone interview, HR assistant invited me to the interview through email.
    It turns out a 10-people group meeting, a written test first then meet the team member in person. The problem they ask is simple and nothing challenge, ex. what is Control flow statements? and several simple queries that can solved by anyone has some database background, I think what they really hire is someone want to work in their company as long as possible, they really don't care your ability of problem solving, what they keep asking is why you choose this position and how deep you love it. The whole process is the very unprofessional, but still I appreciate the chance they gave to me.

Interview Questions
    • please imagine if you working in testing during the next five year   Answer Question

Desktop Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Everyday Health in November 2013.

Very friendly and comfortable

easy

Long Interview Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Adams, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Adams, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Everyday Health in October 2012.

I sent in my resume and was called in to take a computer skills test, the same as you'd get at a temp agency.

A week later I got called for an interview. The first was with the vice president of customer service, a brief interview, then the manager of the customer service department then finally the HR person who was nice but asked questions that had answers right on my resume. Maybe she was trying to trip me up but she came off as clueless.

The manager of customer service gave me a tour of the place then I was asked to sit on a customer service call. After I had a mock customer service call, using information given to me on a sheet of paper.

Finally there was a group interview to end the night. The HR person said they'd make a decision by the end of the week.

The week passes and I finally email the HR person who replies with a "It was a tough decision but we picked someone else". I wonder if they would have ever let me know about the job status if I hadn't emailed?

Interview Questions
    • The mock customer service call. You only had a few minutes to prepare to answer an irate caller's questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Everyday Health.

Easily the worst phone interview I ever had. It was clear the interviewer had not even opened my resume. The "HR" person had a list of questions, I asked for clarification on one question and she said, "I don't know", I'm just reading questions in front of me. HR needs to be trained on how to conduct an interview and needs to have a basic knowledge of the job position that they are discussing. The whole process seemed disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a certain level of education? (Apparently, this could not be ascertained from the resume)   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Everyday Health in September 2013.

I went to the blitz interview that another reviewer spoke of (that he/she claimed was great but hey to each his/her own). The long process after a presentation, a written test, panel interviews and one to one interviews. I found it demotivating that companies just like this delude themselves into thinking they are getting the best candidates from this process. They really seemed to push the idea that they were a fun amazing company to work for which gave me the impression that they were treating this as 'you would be lucky to work for us' not a mutually beneficial hire. They also seemed to push the idea that they were more interested in how we think. As Maury would say, that is a lie.

They cared exclusively about your skill not how you think or even your personality. The questions on the written exam where specific coding questions, such as 'how would you use jquery to cause alternating rows to different colors' and 'write a javascript function that accepts an unlimited number of args'. None of the questions they asked proposed a high level problem and to explain how you would solve it (which is the correct way to see how a candidate thinks). A page full of very specific bootstrap implementation questions should give that away.

The panel interviews were worse. They googled javascript interview questions because those were the exact questions they asked which completely turned me off from this company. 'Explain javascript inheritance, what's the difference between null and undefined, what does position: absolute mean? what's the difference between two equal signs and three equal signs?'. During the inheritance question I went off into how prototypical inheritance differs from classical inheritance and they were completely lost. Realizing that I didn't want to work for front end developers that have no knowledge/caring of how backend languages and true OOP works. At that point I politely answered the rest of their questions and then grabbed my stuff and left before waiting to hear if I made it to the final round or not.

The best part: Listening to all the remaining candidates talk about how they love macs and hate using windows and were telling each other that the company would probably be ok with them using a mac instead. Everyday Health uses ASP.NET/C#. Keep in mind one if not more of these people got hired.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very basic questions. Nothing high level or about problem solving.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Everyday Health in September 2013.

The company performed a hiring "blitz". 12 candidates, all of which had been referred by recruiters, were brought into the office to perform a 4-hour long interview process. We started by completing a small take-home test the night before. There was an in-office half-hour written test, after which half of the candidates were eliminated. Dinner was provided. Then there were two rounds of interviews. They stated that they were less interested in seeing exactly what we knew and more interested in how we came to our answers / conclusions and the details of our thought process. By the end of the evening there were 4 candidates left and they stated that they had at least 2 if not 3 openings they were trying to fill. I was informed by my recruiter that they would make an offer the following morning - I received the offer that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: An entire page of questions on twitter bootstrap (which I could not answer as I don't know bootstrap)   Answer Question
    My recruiter negotiated for me.

Vice President Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Everyday Health in June 2012.

I interviewed five rounds. At the first interview I was told there were around 60 applicants and that 15 to 20 were being interviewed. They called me back, and over the course of subsequent rounds I was told I was one of two candidates remaining. Then, nothing. I never heard back from HR in spite of repeated calls and emails. Two months later I found they had changed the job description to something impossible for any human to fulfill. Added up, the years of experience they were expecting was around 30 for the various qualifications. In any event, my general assessment of this company is to treat people like disposable waste.

Interview Questions
    • I was told I was going in for my fifth round to interview with a group of SVPs. It turns out I interviewed with the team that would have been reporting to me. Which is fine, but I would have prepared for a different set of situations and questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Everyday Health? Contribute to the Community!