Evonik Corporation

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Hopewell, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

Interview Details – All interviews are behavioral questions and you are interviewed by 4-5 different groups. HR, the hiring manager, the BL head,...

Interview Question – The questions were all the usual questions about personal behavior. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – Besides being steeped in a 1920's culture and having a fairly bad reputation within the chemicals marketplace, it seemed they had some good leadership but were very resistant to any change(s) that could improve their bottom line.

However, the decent management team could not make up for or overcome the complete idiocy of their Human Resources manager. With an ego larger than the corporation itself, and a very nasty attitude, it was clear why Evonik has a constantly revolving door and even good employees walk (away) quickly.

If you value yourself in any way, avoid even considering this company. They do not deserve your talent.

Interview Question – The HR manager curtly explaining that as a Sales manager you could never grow within the company whatsoever. She claimed there was no room for upward mobility of any kind, and was rather emphatic about it. Between her statement and attitude, the interview was OVER! It was a serious waste of time.   View Answer

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Wallingford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview. I was asked the standard interview questions by four people in a room. Everyone was nice and did not give much away about their position. I received a call to schedule a second interview. This was much different. First, I met the head of the branch. He went down a list of questions he had and it was over in under 20 minutes. Then i was asked more questions by a group of 5 people included technical questions about problems with some product samples. Much of it was a review from the first interview with some more in depth questions. Next i was brought to lunch and then a plant tour. I believe it went well but did not get the job.

Interview Question – I was handed two acrylic samples and asked what the flaws in each might be and how I would repsond to the customer.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – Invited to interviewed at the Company's HQ in NJ. I had a total of six interviews, one after the other consisting in regular questions-answers conversations with different persons in the Sales, Marketing and Business Development departments. Evonik pays the travel expenses to get to NJ, transportation, lodging and meals.

After all these conversations I did not get any feedback and had to go to HR to find out they had not decided for me. An HR generalist sent a very impersonal note with this notification and no additional feedback was provided.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about your previous employer business strategy? (Competitive company)   View Answer

QC Chemist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in August 2008.

Interview Details – The job was internal in another plant. I interviewed with the department head in-person and others on the phone at the same time. When I finished the department head told me that they had a canidate in plant for the job, but I should get the job in my plant when that person retired next year. But that man did not retire as planned.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this job that others I interview cannot?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Evonik Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Evonik Corporation Videos

Evonik Corporation – Why Work for Us?

Evonik: Core specialty chemicals business Our strategy is aligned to profitable growth and sustained value creation. Our specialty chemicals activities address economic megatrends and give us access to attractive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Evonik Corporation interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Evonik Corporation employees and interview candidates.