Evonik Corporation

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.1

Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

Applied a looooong time ago through their website and I totally forgot about it. I received a call from one of their hiring managers on Thursday and we had a good discussion about my background. I had the onsite interview on Tuesday and received the on Thursday. One week from start to end. The onsite interview was intense and I interviewed with 3 high R&D managers and the head of the facility. Started with my background and leaded to imaginary situations that you may occur in this position. I couldn't answer all their questions but the admitted that there was no right or wrong answer for these kind of situations. I guess they really liked my honesty and hands on skills. BTW I am a new master grad.
    IF YOU WANT THE JOB JUST TRY TO BE HONEST!!!! THAT'S THE KEY!!!

Interview Questions
    • If I give you a completely new material that there is no info about it in the universe, how you evaluate that.
      They asked for my step by step plans to approach different hard situations.
        Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

It was not difficult. Just be honest and open.

Rotational Engineer Interview

Just a phone call from HR but if they like you enough they will request that you fly out for another interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

All interviews are behavioral questions and you are interviewed by 4-5 different groups. HR, the hiring manager, the BL head,...

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all the usual questions about personal behavior. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

IPREP Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in December 2013.

I got a email from HR to schedule a phone interview. After that I was called a few hours later for a second round with the Indiana site plant manager. A week later I schedule a third interview at the HQ in NJ where I had three more interviews, one with HR and two with top executives.

Overall, had 5 interviews in 3 days. Lots of questions regarding your future goals, whether you are fit for the program and why you chose the career path that you have. Interview process was intense for me since I didn't intern with them. They are clear that they are looking for the best since a lot of upper management is retiring. which means that there are a lot of opportunities.

Interview Questions
    Its so good that you really can't say no.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in January 2013.

Besides being steeped in a 1920's culture and having a fairly bad reputation within the chemicals marketplace, it seemed they had some good leadership but were very resistant to any change(s) that could improve their bottom line.

However, the decent management team could not make up for or overcome the complete idiocy of their Human Resources manager. With an ego larger than the corporation itself, and a very nasty attitude, it was clear why Evonik has a constantly revolving door and even good employees walk (away) quickly.

If you value yourself in any way, avoid even considering this company. They do not deserve your talent.

Interview Questions
    • The HR manager curtly explaining that as a Sales manager you could never grow within the company whatsoever. She claimed there was no room for upward mobility of any kind, and was rather emphatic about it. Between her statement and attitude, the interview was OVER! It was a serious waste of time.   View Answer

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in May 2012.

Was called in for an interview. I was asked the standard interview questions by four people in a room. Everyone was nice and did not give much away about their position. I received a call to schedule a second interview. This was much different. First, I met the head of the branch. He went down a list of questions he had and it was over in under 20 minutes. Then i was asked more questions by a group of 5 people included technical questions about problems with some product samples. Much of it was a review from the first interview with some more in depth questions. Next i was brought to lunch and then a plant tour. I believe it went well but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was handed two acrylic samples and asked what the flaws in each might be and how I would repsond to the customer.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in January 2010.

I did not interview - Evonik bought our plantsite and my employment was continuous from the old company to the new company.

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in October 2009.

Invited to interviewed at the Company's HQ in NJ. I had a total of six interviews, one after the other consisting in regular questions-answers conversations with different persons in the Sales, Marketing and Business Development departments. Evonik pays the travel expenses to get to NJ, transportation, lodging and meals.

After all these conversations I did not get any feedback and had to go to HR to find out they had not decided for me. An HR generalist sent a very impersonal note with this notification and no additional feedback was provided.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about your previous employer business strategy? (Competitive company)   View Answer

QC Chemist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in August 2008.

The job was internal in another plant. I interviewed with the department head in-person and others on the phone at the same time. When I finished the department head told me that they had a canidate in plant for the job, but I should get the job in my plant when that person retired next year. But that man did not retire as planned.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to this job that others I interview cannot?   Answer Question