Evonik Corporation

3.1

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Evonik Corporation in September 2014.

was contacted through a 3rd party company. was told evonik was interested in me. did not hear anything for literally 2 plus months. i had written them off and literally forgot about them completely. then, i get a call from the recruiter and she indicates that the director would like to interview via telephone. i interview with the director and it went very well. in fact, he passes me on to his two managers. again, i hear nothing from the recruiter for months. then, BAM! another phone screen. this time i interview with both of them simultaneously. they seem very personable and we all seem to be on the same page. with the emphasis on "seemingly" being on the same page. the call lasted over an hour. was told i would hear back from them. in so far, i have heard nothing!
    to tell you the truth, i wish i could get my time back. if this is any indication on how things are run in this company, i honestly do not want anything to do with this organization. high pay or not. to tell you the truth, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the managers felt i was a threat as the director told me that they were both new, and both were not degreed chemical engineers.
    in any case, this experience left a bad taste in my mouth. but hey, i just might hear from them 4 months from now, completely out of the blue. :)

Interview Questions
    • none really. seemed more of personality assessment as no technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Evonik Corporation Response

Feb 12, 2015University Relations & Early Career Development Manager

We appreciate the feedback regarding your experience interviewing with Evonik at our Birmingham Labs facility. Be assured it is our desire to have the interviewing process run as smoothly and ... More

Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

Applied a looooong time ago through their website and I totally forgot about it. I received a call from one of their hiring managers on Thursday and we had a good discussion about my background. I had the onsite interview on Tuesday and received the on Thursday. One week from start to end. The onsite interview was intense and I interviewed with 3 high R&D managers and the head of the facility. Started with my background and leaded to imaginary situations that you may occur in this position. I couldn't answer all their questions but the admitted that there was no right or wrong answer for these kind of situations. I guess they really liked my honesty and hands on skills. BTW I am a new master grad.
    IF YOU WANT THE JOB JUST TRY TO BE HONEST!!!! THAT'S THE KEY!!!

Interview Questions
    • If I give you a completely new material that there is no info about it in the universe, how you evaluate that.
      They asked for my step by step plans to approach different hard situations.

Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

It was not difficult. Just be honest and open.

Rotational Engineer Interview

Just a phone call from HR but if they like you enough they will request that you fly out for another interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

All interviews are behavioral questions and you are interviewed by 4-5 different groups. HR, the hiring manager, the BL head,...

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all the usual questions about personal behavior. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Evonik Corporation in February 2014.

Two phone interviews. First interview was with HR, and it contained the standard interview questions regarding behavior. The second phone interview was set up to be with an engineer; however, I had already accepted another position by the time someone called.

The lag time between the two phone interviews was 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this is standard, but there was no coordination done for time regarding the second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you did not perform well, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

IPREP Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in December 2013.

I got a email from HR to schedule a phone interview. After that I was called a few hours later for a second round with the Indiana site plant manager. A week later I schedule a third interview at the HQ in NJ where I had three more interviews, one with HR and two with top executives.

Overall, had 5 interviews in 3 days. Lots of questions regarding your future goals, whether you are fit for the program and why you chose the career path that you have. Interview process was intense for me since I didn't intern with them. They are clear that they are looking for the best since a lot of upper management is retiring. which means that there are a lot of opportunities.

Interview Questions
    Its so good that you really can't say no.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in January 2013.

Besides being steeped in a 1920's culture and having a fairly bad reputation within the chemicals marketplace, it seemed they had some good leadership but were very resistant to any change(s) that could improve their bottom line.

However, the decent management team could not make up for or overcome the complete idiocy of their Human Resources manager. With an ego larger than the corporation itself, and a very nasty attitude, it was clear why Evonik has a constantly revolving door and even good employees walk (away) quickly.

If you value yourself in any way, avoid even considering this company. They do not deserve your talent.

Interview Questions
    • The HR manager curtly explaining that as a Sales manager you could never grow within the company whatsoever. She claimed there was no room for upward mobility of any kind, and was rather emphatic about it. Between her statement and attitude, the interview was OVER! It was a serious waste of time.   View Answer

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in May 2012.

Was called in for an interview. I was asked the standard interview questions by four people in a room. Everyone was nice and did not give much away about their position. I received a call to schedule a second interview. This was much different. First, I met the head of the branch. He went down a list of questions he had and it was over in under 20 minutes. Then i was asked more questions by a group of 5 people included technical questions about problems with some product samples. Much of it was a review from the first interview with some more in depth questions. Next i was brought to lunch and then a plant tour. I believe it went well but did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was handed two acrylic samples and asked what the flaws in each might be and how I would repsond to the customer.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Evonik Corporation in January 2010.

I did not interview - Evonik bought our plantsite and my employment was continuous from the old company to the new company.