Evonik Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.1

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

Interview

It changed since I interviewed. The new process uses a team of people each trained to gather specific information about a candidate using a set group of questions. The candidate meets with each interviewer separately. the whole process takes a minimum of a few hours.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency and then sent to interview with Evonik. I was interviewed by 2 managers. They detailed the job requirements and we discussed how my qualifications would fit within their perimeters. Also discussed was the office environment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict you may have had with either with a manager or a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation (Piscataway, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

talked to 3 different people individually. all had different background, but I've ended up working with all of them so far. overall it was relaxed as long as you came in confident and knew a decent amount about the company as a whole.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation (Birmingham, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

was contacted through a 3rd party company. was told evonik was interested in me. did not hear anything for literally 2 plus months. i had written them off and literally forgot about them completely. then, i get a call from the recruiter and she indicates that the director would like to interview via telephone. i interview with the director and it went very well. in fact, he passes me on to his two managers. again, i hear nothing from the recruiter for months. then, BAM! another phone screen. this time i interview with both of them simultaneously. they seem very personable and we all seem to be on the same page. with the emphasis on "seemingly" being on the same page. the call lasted over an hour. was told i would hear back from them. in so far, i have heard nothing! to tell you the truth, i wish i could get my time back. if this is any indication on how things are run in this company, i honestly do not want anything to do with this organization. high pay or not. to tell you the truth, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the managers felt i was a threat as the director told me that they were both new, and both were not degreed chemical engineers. in any case, this experience left a bad taste in my mouth. but hey, i just might hear from them 4 months from now, completely out of the blue. :)

Interview Questions

• none really. seemed more of personality assessment as no technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Evonik Corporation Response

Feb 12, 2015 – University Relations & Early Career Development Manager

We appreciate the feedback regarding your experience interviewing with Evonik at our Birmingham Labs facility. Be assured it is our desire to have the interviewing process run as smoothly and ... More

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

Interview

Applied a looooong time ago through their website and I totally forgot about it. I received a call from one of their hiring managers on Thursday and we had a good discussion about my background. I had the onsite interview on Tuesday and received the on Thursday. One week from start to end. The onsite interview was intense and I interviewed with 3 high R&D managers and the head of the facility. Started with my background and leaded to imaginary situations that you may occur in this position. I couldn't answer all their questions but the admitted that there was no right or wrong answer for these kind of situations. I guess they really liked my honesty and hands on skills. BTW I am a new master grad. IF YOU WANT THE JOB JUST TRY TO BE HONEST!!!! THAT'S THE KEY!!!

Interview Questions

• If I give you a completely new material that there is no info about it in the universe, how you evaluate that. They asked for my step by step plans to approach different hard situations.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Interview

It was not difficult. Just be honest and open.

Rotational Engineer Interview

Interview

Just a phone call from HR but if they like you enough they will request that you fly out for another interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation (Hopewell, VA).

Interview

All interviews are behavioral questions and you are interviewed by 4-5 different groups. HR, the hiring manager, the BL head,...

Interview Questions

• The questions were all the usual questions about personal behavior. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation (Newark, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

A very professional and timely approach. Several phone interviews and emails with the Evonik HR folks, followed by a face to face interview with about 5 people. HR was good about sending the names and titles of the interviewers, a job description, compensation range, etc...I went into this and left with a positive image of the company.

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik Corporation in February 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First interview was with HR, and it contained the standard interview questions regarding behavior. The second phone interview was set up to be with an engineer; however, I had already accepted another position by the time someone called. The lag time between the two phone interviews was 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this is standard, but there was no coordination done for time regarding the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you did not perform well, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question