Evonik Corporation

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IPREP Program Interview

IPREP Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got a email from HR to schedule a phone interview. After that I was called a few hours later for a second round with the Indiana site plant manager. A week later I schedule a third interview at the HQ in NJ where I had three more interviews, one with HR and two with top executives.

Overall, had 5 interviews in 3 days. Lots of questions regarding your future goals, whether you are fit for the program and why you chose the career path that you have. Interview process was intense for me since I didn't intern with them. They are clear that they are looking for the best since a lot of upper management is retiring. which means that there are a lot of opportunities.

Interview Question – Lots of strategic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its so good that you really can't say no.

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager

Interviewed at Evonik Corporation

Interview Details – It was not difficult. Just be honest and open.

Rotational Engineer Interview

Rotational Engineer

Interviewed at Evonik Corporation

Interview Details – Just a phone call from HR but if they like you enough they will request that you fly out for another interview

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Mobile, AL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I did not interview - Evonik bought our plantsite and my employment was continuous from the old company to the new company.

Interview Question – This question does not apply to my situation.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Hopewell, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Evonik Corporation.

Interview Details – All interviews are behavioral questions and you are interviewed by 4-5 different groups. HR, the hiring manager, the BL head,...

Interview Question – The questions were all the usual questions about personal behavior. Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – Besides being steeped in a 1920's culture and having a fairly bad reputation within the chemicals marketplace, it seemed they had some good leadership but were very resistant to any change(s) that could improve their bottom line.

However, the decent management team could not make up for or overcome the complete idiocy of their Human Resources manager. With an ego larger than the corporation itself, and a very nasty attitude, it was clear why Evonik has a constantly revolving door and even good employees walk (away) quickly.

If you value yourself in any way, avoid even considering this company. They do not deserve your talent.

Interview Question – The HR manager curtly explaining that as a Sales manager you could never grow within the company whatsoever. She claimed there was no room for upward mobility of any kind, and was rather emphatic about it. Between her statement and attitude, the interview was OVER! It was a serious waste of time.   View Answer

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Technical Service Engineer
Wallingford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview. I was asked the standard interview questions by four people in a room. Everyone was nice and did not give much away about their position. I received a call to schedule a second interview. This was much different. First, I met the head of the branch. He went down a list of questions he had and it was over in under 20 minutes. Then i was asked more questions by a group of 5 people included technical questions about problems with some product samples. Much of it was a review from the first interview with some more in depth questions. Next i was brought to lunch and then a plant tour. I believe it went well but did not get the job.

Interview Question – I was handed two acrylic samples and asked what the flaws in each might be and how I would repsond to the customer.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Interview

Regional Sales
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – Invited to interviewed at the Company's HQ in NJ. I had a total of six interviews, one after the other consisting in regular questions-answers conversations with different persons in the Sales, Marketing and Business Development departments. Evonik pays the travel expenses to get to NJ, transportation, lodging and meals.

After all these conversations I did not get any feedback and had to go to HR to find out they had not decided for me. An HR generalist sent a very impersonal note with this notification and no additional feedback was provided.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about your previous employer business strategy? (Competitive company)   View Answer

QC Chemist Interview

QC Chemist

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Evonik Corporation in August 2008.

Interview Details – The job was internal in another plant. I interviewed with the department head in-person and others on the phone at the same time. When I finished the department head told me that they had a canidate in plant for the job, but I should get the job in my plant when that person retired next year. But that man did not retire as planned.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this job that others I interview cannot?   Answer Question

Worked for Evonik Corporation? Contribute to the Community!