Exa Corporation

Exa Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Exa Corporation.

I saw the job post on a technical job site and applied, got a email from recruiter that they are reviewing. Couple of days after got a email from hiring manager about time for discussion about the position. The initial phone discussion/interview is about experience, technical background and some broader technical questions. Then I got a technical phone interview with one of the senior team member. This time it more question on data structures, algorithms and C++. After this on-site 1:1 interviews usually around 5 to 6 and couple demos about the product.

Interview Questions
    • How to find a vertex or point is inside a tetrahedron (or pyramid)?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exa Corporation in November 2014.

I had an employee referral and got a phone call. The recruiter himself called me for an initial screening process. Then it was followed by Lunch Interview. After that I was contacted by the HR asking me some behavioral question. After couple of weeks I was called for an onsite interview at the Burlington head quarters in Boston. Initially asked to do a presentation and then I had interview with nearly 8 people on the same day back to back.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed for Heavy vehicles North America division. Some questions on Truck Aerodynamics   Answer Question

Thermal Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exa Corporation.

1 telephonic interview with Hiring Manager and one HR Interview
    Called onsite within 1 week. Started with a 1 hour seminar and then 7-8 back to back interviews. All interviewers were managers from various department. Questions are mostly based on your past research/work experience. Do study about the company background. The las interview with VP was unconventional. He asked my strong skills and weaknesses.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Exa Corporation.

Very straight forward