ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and was complimentary of my experience and asked if I had time to talk. 30 min call, bulk of walking through my experience. Brief overview of position. Recruiter said he send Job description and I would follow-up if interested. Scheduled time to talk the next day and was able to have more typical recruiter type interview.

Was very keen on selling Exacttarget as a great employer and all the perks.

Was told next step was phone interview with hiring manager the following week or as soon as could be scheduled. Never heard back, even after follow-up.

Connection of mine was also contacted by different recruiter and scheduled time to talk; recruiter never called and she didn't hear back after that.

Positive experience until communication ended. They must goals centered around connections made and applicants received.

Technology Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a friend that is also a current employee there. After submitting my application, I received an email a couple days later wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for about three days later.

I received a prompt phone call from an employee that was a few levels above my position, but had worked the position I applied for before. The interviewer was very friendly and started out by explaining the position fully, and making sure that I was still interested in it. He asked a few general questions about my background. Virtually no technical questions were asked. He definitely was more interested in getting a feel for me as a person, which was great. At the conclusion of the interview (about 30 minutes in duration), he advised me that he liked me as a candidate and would pass me through to the next step.

That same afternoon, I received an email from HR wanting to know my availability for the rest of the week to come in for an in-person interview. I emailed back and my in-person interview was set up for two days later. I was to have five consecutive thirty minute interviews, the last one being with an HR representative.

Upon arrival at the business, I was briefly shown around by an employee, and then seated in a small conference room. Right on time my first interviewer showed up, which was also the interviewer from the phone interview. Again, he was very friendly and we basically went back over what we had spoken about on the phone. Again, we didn't touch much on any technical issues.

My second interviewer was a position one step above my first interview. Another friendly interviewer that asked a little bit more about my technical experience, but did not have me demonstrate any knowledge. He was very interested in the information and even the personal stories I shared with him.

My third interview was over the phone. I received a call from the interviewer on the phone in the same conference room. This interviewer was a current employee in a position similar to the one I was applying for. He was very laid back and it felt more like talking with a friend. Again, he asked a little bit about my background, but we spent more time just casually chatting.

My fourth interview was with a project manager supervisor. She was also very nice. She asked more of the typical interview questions, such as how do you deal with a problematic coworker, etc. The interview went very well as she looked over my resume and found that her husband and I had some similar previous experience.

My fifth and final interview was with a representative from the human resources department. He came in and ask me how I felt all the interviews went. Asked if I had any questions. He went over the proposed position to make sure I was clear on it. He discussed the benefits that employees get. He then asked what salary I desired. He was very nice and told me he was pulling for me. He said that I should have an answer from them by Friday or Monday at the latest (this was on a Wednesday). He then showed me out.

The very next day I received a call from the HR guy that interviewed me and he offered me the job. It all went very well from start to finish. Everyone was very nice and nobody tried to ask questions that would make me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the most comprehensive project I have ever taken on is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unprepared to negotiate. I did not give them a specific desired salary. They offered me significantly more than I had expected.

Interactive Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied on Salesforce website for a remote interactive developer position. I received an email about a month later requesting a phone interview with an HR recruiter from Exact Target. I had my phone interview with the HR recruiter. A week later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week after that I had a phone interview with a senior interactive developer. Two weeks after that I had an additional Skype interview with the hiring manager. Four week after that I received an email from the HR recruiter informing me that they had chosen another candidate to continue with.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

I had one phone interview with someone from HR; it was a simple screening process to make sure I had the experience my resume promised. Then I had a phone interview with the person hiring for this role. Three people came to my interview at the office. They had each studied my portfolio excessively prior to the interview and had great questions for me. One of the most pleasant interviews ever. I felt like a bathroom break would have been nice, but the interviews were stacked back to back. So a simple note... don't drink too much coffee or water on your way in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I should have negotiated more. Found out later that I could have negotiated for about 10% more money than I received.

Catapult Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.

Interview

Met ExactTarget through university recruiting at the career fair and then was chosen for a first round interview on campus. The first round interview was very conversational and the interviewer was extremely easy to talk to. Found out I got a second round about 2 weeks later. The second round was a 2-day event at their Indianapolis HQ that included 4 interviews and a group case. All of the ET recruiters were very sociable and easy to talk to, and the overall interview experience was extremely enjoyable. I then received a phone call with an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than the other candidates interviewing for this position?
      Most questions geared towards evaluating social fit within company culture.

Answer Question

Platinum Support Analyst Interview

Interview

Fast, friendly, and conversational. They already knew who I was as I had done work with and for them previously, so my situation may be uncommon.

Half hour with regional manager.

Hour with global manager and 3 others on his team through skype.

15 minutes with HR to explain benefits.

15 minutes with the Account Exec for their largest account.

Heard back the next day with verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Convince me you won't leave after a short period of time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, offer was right on point though so no negotiation necessary.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.

Interview

I talked to them at a career fair, they were friendly and seemed impressed with my resume. A few weeks later I received an email asking when I was available for an interview at the University campus. The Interviewer was friendly. They asked me to write pseudocode on a white board for a personal project I had done.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the difference between i++ and ++i in Java.   1 Answer
    • They asked for an example of inheritance in the context of Object-Oriented Programming.   1 Answer

Catapault Interview

Application

Interview

Best day of interviews I have had. Good case study. Really excited to hear back from them! It was critical that you prove that you can fit into their culture

Slingshot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

i interviewed with 4 different people who asked questions about why I went to my school, why I chose my major, why I want to work there, and other general questions like that. The group project was very easy. Overall, not stressful but have a lot of questions prepared since 4 people will be asking you what questions you have.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

I had been referred by a friend of mine for the positions. Very professional and friendly process. The most important thing during the process was being positive and rehearsing your answers ahead of time. Could not have been happier with the whole process. Only negative was that i had to pay for my own parking.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see you self in 5 years? How would you describe our company to someone who in unfamiliar with it? What is the hardest part about your job?   Answer Question