Examiner newspapers

Updated Jun 27, 2014
Updated Jun 27, 2014

1.4

Freelance Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Examiner newspapers.

The entire application process was handled online; I was sent an email congratulating me on getting the position within days of applying. All I had to do was send my tax ID over to start. Much of the process seemed to be automated. If you want a sense of belonging to the company, join social media groups started by other writers.

Philadelphia Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Examiner newspapers in April 2011.

I was contacted almost immediately in January in response to my application. The application included a writing sample and some blurbs about why I was qualified fro the job. I was told I was in, all I needed to do was supply a few more details. I did. Then I continued to try to contact the employee who reached out to me for two months, to no avail. Finally, I sent an email elsewhere in the company. Within a couple days, not only was the process rolling, I was set up and writing.

Interview Questions
    • Write in 200 words about your topic.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and why you think you're qualified to write about this topic.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Alpharetta Christian Living Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Examiner newspapers in March 2011.

There were not any questions to answer that were that hard like how long one was writing and what did they want to write. There were headings to pick from.

Interview Questions
    • Writing a sample piece in third person. They made their choice on whether the piece was exactly written in the style they wanted.   Answer Question
    I can't remember

Akron Classic Movie Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston Heights, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston Heights, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Examiner newspapers in November 2010.

It was simply an online interview, leading to a quick hire.

Interview Questions
    Not really a negotiation. I was promised a payment for my services as I qualified for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Examiner newspapers in July 2009.

Found an ad on Craigslist and responded. Was hired on the next day. Not much of an interview process at the time, but I hear that with the popularity of the publication, they've increased the difficulty to become an examiner.

Freelance Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Examiner newspapers.

I was contacted by examiner.com after they came across my resume. After talking via email to a hiring representative I then filled in a detailed application and submitted three samples of writing based on the topic I wanted to write about. After a week or so I was contacted and hired based on signing of contracts. Contracts were read carefully and altered, I was able to ask questions on anything I was concerned about or wanted to double check on the contract. The person appointed to handle my employment was very easy to contact and quick to respond to me so the time between sending my application and starting on the actual writing was amazingly short!

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one as the questions asked were common ones when going through the employment process.   Answer Question
    I had to wait until I received an actual offer until I found out the salary which was annoying to say the least however as the job itself was and is so flexible, plus the perks to insider knowledge, the money issue at the time did not bother me too much.