Examiner newspapers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Alpharetta Christian Living Examiner Interview

Alpharetta Christian Living Examiner
Wichita Falls, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Examiner newspapers in March 2011.

Interview Details – There were not any questions to answer that were that hard like how long one was writing and what did they want to write. There were headings to pick from.

Interview Question – Writing a sample piece in third person. They made their choice on whether the piece was exactly written in the style they wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I can't remember

Anonymous Interview

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Examiner newspapers in March 2010.

Interview Details – Submit a story in the area you wish to write about for example, if you love gardening you would submit a story about gardening. If the Examiner approves your story and area of writing, you would receive a title something to the effect of "Garden Reviews."

Interview Question – There is and can be constant change and expectations as this paper grows. You can loss promotions based on placing your article in the wrong category. Mistakes are not allowed in this area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was informed as to how you can earn a salary based on traffic. But no numbers were ever given regarding the amount of traffic needed to earn a salary.

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Examiner newspapers in July 2009.

Interview Details – Found an ad on Craigslist and responded. Was hired on the next day. Not much of an interview process at the time, but I hear that with the popularity of the publication, they've increased the difficulty to become an examiner.

Akron Classic Movie Examiner Interview

Akron Classic Movie Examiner
Boston Heights, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Examiner newspapers in November 2010.

Interview Details – It was simply an online interview, leading to a quick hire.

Interview Question – What experiences have you had?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really a negotiation. I was promised a payment for my services as I qualified for them.

Freelance Writer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Examiner newspapers.

Interview Details – The entire application process was handled online; I was sent an email congratulating me on getting the position within days of applying. All I had to do was send my tax ID over to start. Much of the process seemed to be automated. If you want a sense of belonging to the company, join social media groups started by other writers.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Examiner newspapers in October 2011.

Interview Details – You submit a sample article and why you would like to write for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Philadelphia Examiner Interview

Philadelphia Examiner
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Examiner newspapers in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted almost immediately in January in response to my application. The application included a writing sample and some blurbs about why I was qualified fro the job. I was told I was in, all I needed to do was supply a few more details. I did. Then I continued to try to contact the employee who reached out to me for two months, to no avail. Finally, I sent an email elsewhere in the company. Within a couple days, not only was the process rolling, I was set up and writing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Freelance Writer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Examiner newspapers.

Interview Details – I was contacted by examiner.com after they came across my resume. After talking via email to a hiring representative I then filled in a detailed application and submitted three samples of writing based on the topic I wanted to write about. After a week or so I was contacted and hired based on signing of contracts. Contracts were read carefully and altered, I was able to ask questions on anything I was concerned about or wanted to double check on the contract. The person appointed to handle my employment was very easy to contact and quick to respond to me so the time between sending my application and starting on the actual writing was amazingly short!

Interview Question – There really wasn't one as the questions asked were common ones when going through the employment process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to wait until I received an actual offer until I found out the salary which was annoying to say the least however as the job itself was and is so flexible, plus the perks to insider knowledge, the money issue at the time did not bother me too much.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Examiner newspapers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Examiner newspapers interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Examiner newspapers employees and interview candidates.