Excela Health Interview Questions

2.4

Ancilliary Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Excela Health.

Interview

Delayed contact between submitting resume and initial contact for interview. Total process from submission to job offer over 1 month. Three part interview with HR, department manager and peer interview taking a majority of the day. HR most concerned with availability, credentials and anticipated salary. Make sure you have a firm value in mind.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience with a difficult co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Non Clinical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Excela Health.

Interview

Interviews are a joke. The process drags on forever (over a month). Management doesn't want to hire anyone that could be a threat to their job in the future. Questions did not help to see if the candidate was a good fit. Managers need more training in interviewing skills.

Negotiation

Took about 2 weeks after I asked for certain terms to get approval.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Excela Health.

Interview

initial contact and scheduling of interview with dept manager was through a human resource representative. interview was with the department manager and a clinical coordinator. it felt somewhat awkward because i believe the coordinator had been in the department longer so had a better feel for how things really work: self-scheduling and how many hours and shifts are required, for example. the manager was coming off more restrictive and i could tell the coordinator was trying to be a buffer through out the interview.

Interview Questions

• there was not one particular difficult question. it was disappointing because it focused more on personality than skills and experience. for example, "name a situation where you were a good listener and how it affected the situation."   Answer Question

because even though i had been in the hospital for 8 yrs i was going to be new to this department and would have less seniority than a Graduate Nurse, even though I have been a nurse for 16 years.

Escort Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Excela Health (Greensburg, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the escort position and was called within one week. One week later, I interviewed with the human resources manager and my department lead. I was hired on the same day. Just look nice, be professional, and smile.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Excela Health (Greensburg, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Human Resources first, was very informative. Then interviewed with Manager which was very informative about the position applied for. Listened to all my qualifications and was very informative of equipment and processes that Excela Health was using. Unfortunately was looking for specific experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain an experience in your previous employment that showcases your abilities?   Answer Question

Excela Health RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Excela Health.

Interview

It's been awhile since I interviewed, but the process was very smooth. Submitted my application online, which was very easy. Had an interview with HR, I was so nervous I dont remember much of it! After my interview with them, I had an interview with the unit manager- much more laid back. She took me on a tour of the unit. Was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• This was really my first job interview, so I wasnt prepared for the questions. I stumbled over "tell me about a time you you had irate customer- how did you deal?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation