Excelacom

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Excelacom.

Interview Details – Found them on the internet and applied. They reached out for a phone interview. Shortly afterwards they called back to invite me to the open house in Reston, VA where they interviewed in person. 3-4 rounds of interviews with various levels of employees. Tough technical questions and scenario questions.

Interview Question – During an aswer one of the interviewers interrupted and asked me to explain or elaborate. Then requested I get back on track with my original answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation.

Business Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Excelacom in October 2009.

Interview Details – The event itself was an open house interview session. Took about 8 hours in total and consisted of around 15-20 potential employees flown in from around the country/globe. Upon arrival at the open house, sign ins were conducted, then followed by a presentation of the company. During the presentation, many aspects of the company were described along with descriptions of what they were looking for out of us (the potential hires). Be ready, however, at all times to state what your experiences are and/or why you belong there. One of the presenters called role around the room halfway through his speech on the company to ask about a random topic he has jotted down from various candidates' resumes.

After presentations, candidates were led outside into a waiting area. Groups of 3 seemed to be called at a time for interviews. The interview session itself almost worked as a round robin with 6-8 different managers within the large conference room. Each interview was 1:1 with a manager at individual tables set up in the room. Each candidate received 1-3 interviews (not sure if this varied based on their liking of the candidate or not). This whole process took about 2 hours or so, and was followed by lunch in another room. After lunch, thanks were given to the candidates for taking time to come out for the event. The HR team then followed with a relaxed reception with the candidates (no managers involved), where it was an open atmosphere for questions and concerns. The event wrapped up around the end of the day (4pm).

Interview Question – Describe your own interpretation of how a telecommunications company conducts customer relations? Along those lines, also explain how you believe their system database works.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Excelacom in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was able to get this interviewing opportunity through my university and it was a 1:1 interview. Unfortunately, the whole interview process with this company seemed off base. The interviewer seemed disengaged and instead of elaborating on points, they were simply short answers that didn't suffice what I was looking for. In addition, their recruiter appeared to be very disorganized when it came to email organization since there were multiple errors in the emails I received.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Excelacom

Worked for Excelacom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Excelacom Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Excelacom employees and interview candidates.