Excelacom

www.excelacom.com

Excelacom Interview Questions

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Excelacom.

Found them on the internet and applied. They reached out for a phone interview. Shortly afterwards they called back to invite me to the open house in Reston, VA where they interviewed in person. 3-4 rounds of interviews with various levels of employees. Tough technical questions and scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • During an aswer one of the interviewers interrupted and asked me to explain or elaborate. Then requested I get back on track with my original answer.   Answer Question
    Little to no negotiation.

Entry Level Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Excelacom.

Initially I contacted Excelacom through my university recruiting process and I was contacted by a recruiter in HR.

The first two rounds were phone interviews. One with HR, and after that I had a more technical interview over the phone to assess the level of my technical skills.

Third round is a company visit to their Reston office. There is a panel discussion, we were told about the background of the company and met the CEO. Then we broke off into 1x1 interviews with more senior managers in the company. There were two 30 minute interviews that involved mostly behavorial and situational questions related to consulting and why you want to join their company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a client that told you they wanted the project finished in 2 months after you had done research and delivered a project plan that estimated 3 months for the project completion?   View Answer

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Excelacom in October 2011.

The main recruiter and one of their lead consultants gave a presentation to my club one day. After I talked to the recruiter and consultant for a little bit, I applied to the position on my school's job website. She then later emailed me inviting me to an office visit.

The office visit consisted a difficult interview with the CFO, he asked a lot of technical questions about the telecommunications industry and supply chain management. I then had another technical interview with the consultant I met previously at my club. He asked me why I wanted to be consultant then just right into diagramming. At first he wanted me to do an ERD but I told him we were learning how to do those next week, he understood then he wanted me to plan out and design an information system. He gave me a restaurant case and wanted me to plan and draw out how exactly the information system would work. Overall, he liked my conclusion and answers.

A little bit over three weeks later the main recruiter called me to tell me that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the supply chain that goes into ordering a phone? Detail the steps from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Excelacom in March 2010.

Worst interview experience I had. Scheduled first phone interview, but never received a call. Emailed HR department, and rescheduled a second phone interview. Again, no one ever called.
    Finally, I did the phone interview in the 3rd attempt, attended a personal interview (3 rounds, one on one with different employees) and got the offer letter a month and a half later (a month lather than promised) after a very long series of email exchanges.
    Even though I got the offer, I had to decline because of my horrible experience with HR. As mentioned above, extremely unprofessional (never even apologized for not calling me or even sent an email to warn me / explain why the interview was rescheduled), inexperienced, and rude.

Interview Questions
    • - Questions about SCRUM/Agile development   Answer Question
    • - Basic Java interview questions (what is a deamon thread, how do you force garbage collection, difference between abstract and interface,etc)   Answer Question

Entry Level Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Excelacom in February 2010.

I initially found this company off of my university career center database so I applied directly to the company through their website as they requested. I was contacted a couple weeks later by a "recruiter," but when I looked her up on LinkedIN she is technically an administrative assistant. She e-mailed and asked me to schedule an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview turned out to be her asking me the same questions that were on the on-line application (ie: what are your salary expectations? are you willing to travel 100%) and a couple useless behavioral questions. She spoke so quickly and mumbled so much into the phone I had to keep asking her to repeat her questions. Also, when I inquired about clients of the company and type of work she responded with vague and evasive answers (such as: "many Fortune 500 companies" and other lines as if she was reading directly from the company web page)

She then called me back later in the day and asked to schedule a time for me to have a second phone interview with their "lead recruiter" on a Sunday. I thought this was weird but said okay. Once again, I looked up the "lead recruiter" on LinkedIN and she appears to be fresh out of college. She subsequently stood me up on my second phone interview on Sunday. When I tried calling the office she was not listed in their company directory. I e-mailed my initial interviewer and was told that "they were having systems problems and they apologize." She gave me another time to talk with the "lead recruiter" at the end of the week, this time on a weekday.

Well, the second appointment rolled around and right when the "lead recruiter" was supposed to call me, I received an e-mail claiming she would call me 15-20 minutes late because she was called into a meeting. After I waited 25 minutes, no call.

I would not recommend any job seeker deal with the human resources office of this company. They are inexperienced, unprofessional, and simply rude. I never even had a phone interview with the "lead recruiter" because I grew weary of playing games with this company.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Excelacom in October 2009.

The event itself was an open house interview session. Took about 8 hours in total and consisted of around 15-20 potential employees flown in from around the country/globe. Upon arrival at the open house, sign ins were conducted, then followed by a presentation of the company. During the presentation, many aspects of the company were described along with descriptions of what they were looking for out of us (the potential hires). Be ready, however, at all times to state what your experiences are and/or why you belong there. One of the presenters called role around the room halfway through his speech on the company to ask about a random topic he has jotted down from various candidates' resumes.

After presentations, candidates were led outside into a waiting area. Groups of 3 seemed to be called at a time for interviews. The interview session itself almost worked as a round robin with 6-8 different managers within the large conference room. Each interview was 1:1 with a manager at individual tables set up in the room. Each candidate received 1-3 interviews (not sure if this varied based on their liking of the candidate or not). This whole process took about 2 hours or so, and was followed by lunch in another room. After lunch, thanks were given to the candidates for taking time to come out for the event. The HR team then followed with a relaxed reception with the candidates (no managers involved), where it was an open atmosphere for questions and concerns. The event wrapped up around the end of the day (4pm).

Interview Questions
    • Describe your own interpretation of how a telecommunications company conducts customer relations? Along those lines, also explain how you believe their system database works.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Excelacom in April 2012.

I got the email for 1st round phone interview from Excelacom in a week after I submitted my resume. The HR gave me a number to call in. The interviewer was nice and mainly asked about my past experience. Nothing technical for the 1st round. The process went smooth. I did not experience any problem the others comment about. The next day I got the rejection.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Excelacom in October 2011.

I was able to get this interviewing opportunity through my university and it was a 1:1 interview. Unfortunately, the whole interview process with this company seemed off base. The interviewer seemed disengaged and instead of elaborating on points, they were simply short answers that didn't suffice what I was looking for. In addition, their recruiter appeared to be very disorganized when it came to email organization since there were multiple errors in the emails I received.

Business Analysis Interview

The interviewer was very nice and asked just general questions about my course work. She seemed very easy to please and kind of agreed to everything I was saying. Didn't really try to ask any in-depth questions or elaborate on her questions. She then described the position and company. I wasn't very impressed with her description but I was invited to their open house so ill see if I truly want to work for them then.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Excelacom in March 2010.

I emailed an Excelacom recruiter in October 2009 and they hadn't gotten back to me for a couple months. Then out of the blue in February 2010, an "administrative assistant" emails me and wants to setup an phone interview, asking when would be a good time for me, given the fact that she is available Monday to Friday from 8:30AM to 5:30PM. So I give her my availabilities (and I gave her MANY options). She replies back and completely disregards any of my suggestions and decides to ask if I'm available the next morning. I cleared some previous commitments and agreed to her time slot.

I wait at the scheduled time, and after 30 minutes, still no call. I email them to be sure they had my correct phone number (although I was sure they already had it). She emails me back saying she was in a meeting, and ask if I was available in the afternoon; to which I said yes, until a certain time. She gets back to me right away asking if I can interview after the time I had given her, completely disregarding me availabilities again.

A couple emails later, we setup an interview on a Sunday in the afternoon with their "Lead Recruiter". On Sunday, 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time, I still hadn't gotten a phone call, so I email both the administrative assistant and the lead recruiter. They didn't get back to me until Monday, to which they said they had "issues with our system" (the same excuse given to another interview candidate on this site).

So then we scheduled for a third phone interview on Tuesday, after having already two no-shows on their part. Tuesday comes and 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time, still no call. It's the third time and I've completely lost any interest in the company. So I email them saying that it seems like they don't want to interview me at all. A few minutes later, I get a call from the Lead Recruiter saying that they don't have my resume in their system, so I should go online and submit my application and then we can proceed with the interview right away. At this point, I'm completely infuriated with this company. As soon as I begin to start the online application, I get a call back saying that they found my resume and we can proceed with the phone interview. We did the phone interview in about 20 minutes, with me being in the most hostile of moods and with zero interest in the company. The phone interview consisted of a few questions that I had already answered in a previous email, such as "How much are you willing to travel" and "Are you open to relocation?", in addition to a few technical questions like "what's the difference between inheritance and interface?".

I get an email the next day saying that I was then invited to the open house in Virginia. They paid for the hotel and airfare, but again this was not without hassle. They had initially proposed flight itineraries that would fly me back home with multiple ridiculous and unnecessary transits (to save $ and Aeroplan points), and unreasonable waiting times in between.

The open house at a hotel in Virginia started at 8AM in the morning with a presentation by the company. They kept rambling on about how the candidates at the open house were in the top 2% of all candidates and that they were going to hire 20-25 people this year. There were only about 25 of us at the open house, so we pretty much all assumed that we would get the job.

Once the presentation was over, we were each called individually to interview one-on-one with various employees, such as VP Government, VP Finance, a couple tech employees (if you're going for Tech. Analyst and not Business Analyst), etc.. In between interviews, we would go back to the main room and just chit chat with other candidates and employees. The questions during the interviews were pretty general questions, such as "Tell me about this project in your resume", "What did you do at your previous work experiences" and a lot of general chatting, not many typical behavioral questions or anything. Interviews with the tech employees were more tech. oriented, with questions like "What is an applet", "Do you have experience with X language?", "Tell me about a project in your resume". Again, it felt pretty casual, no seriously probing questions.

When I got back home, I emailed them a Thank You letter, and I got back a response from their lead recruiter saying "It was a pleasure meeting you at the Open House Event" and "I've received some fantastic feedback regarding you as a potential candidate". I talked to a friend who was also at the open house, he had received the exact same email, word for word. However, this seems to have meant nothing as neither of us got the job.