Excella Consulting Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Excella Consulting (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Amazing down to earth staff. Felt it was a great fit from my HR screening. Was excited to get to speak to managing consultant in my area of interest in second interview. Worked with me even though I'm not local. The final interview with the partners went exceptionally well - not intimidating as I thought might be the case. Throughout the entire process, everyone was very straight forward and helpful with any questions or concerns I had.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on an island, what one book would you bring?   Answer Question

XC Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Excella Consulting.

Interview

We went through a group interview stage where they tested our ability to work in a group. We worked as a group to compete against other groups of interviewers as well as different competitions. After that there were individual interviewing stages where they asked us basic coding questions. They were quick to respond back. They were quick to inform me whether or not I had received an invitation to the next stage of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Build a stick tower as high as possible with only sticks and scotch tape.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Excella Consulting in May 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with recruiting followed by a online testing exercise and then an in person interview. The test demonstrates the speed and ability of your analytical, logical, and mathematical skills. Its fairly easy, but the company who administers the test has practice tests available online and its worth it to take a look at those beforehand (I found a few overlapping questions between them).

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions. It seemed like they were interested in seeing that you had a demonstrated interest in technology and the ability to do the job. I was told I was not offered a position because it was unclear that I was really interested in working in tech consulting.   Answer Question

Software Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Excella Consulting (Arlington, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an on campus interview to start things out. The College recruiter was an excellent point of contact when I first showed up for the interview. She was excited and engaging when we were speaking before the interview. I met with on of the partners of the firm and he was a down to earth guy. My next interview was on site with a managing consultant and another partner. Both were very excited to meet me and never made me feel uncomfortable like most first time interviews do.

Interview Questions

• What experience make you a good candidate to fit into our company culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR is awesome. They walked me through all of my benefits and I was formally offered the job by one of the partners.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Excella Consulting (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very smooth. They clearly want to learn enough about each candidate to make an informed decision. Everyone involved is very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions. The questions were tailored around your resume/experience and they asked to have you elaborate on those experiences.   Answer Question

Consultant, Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Excella Consulting (Arlington, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

I first was screened by their internal recruiter, who was savvy. I got a lot of good information about the company there to start. Then a partner met me for breakfast - this was great. Then, I had a technical screen. Since I passed that, I have a in-person technical interview with white-boarding, etc - a very good practice. Then, I interviewed with 2 more partners. It was comprehensive and helped both the company and myself get a lot of exposure to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• I got a question from a partner about why a project I did in the past took so long.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Amiable and fair.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Excella Consulting in October 2011.

Interview

There is an initial screening with an HR interview, and then an online assessment that is offered. This tests your logic, number, and behavioral skills. After that, you interview with at least one senior staff. It is straight forward.