Excellus BlueCross BlueShield

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Utica, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a human resources employee and the head of the actual department I'd be working under for their summer internship program. It took about half an hour. They asked behavioral questions mostly and asked what software I knew how to use for the position. It was fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake you made, how you handled it, and what the outcome was   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Interview

Very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was permitted.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

All communications through HR (no surprise). Had 1 interview with hiring manager, that was relatively easy and went well. Used behavioral interviewing. Definitely "feels" corporate and a bit stuffy when you're inside the building.
    After I was given the job offer I was able to negotiate salary a little bit.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any weird or particularly difficult questions. I believe it was behavioral interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary given my experience in the field.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first and then called in for sit down. The sit down was with 1 person for about 90 minutes. I was asked prepared questions, mostly personality type questions. If you interview with this company, ask good questions back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Customer Care Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Syracuse, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager from a local office. She asked me some basic questions, then left the room. The person who called me in the first place said I didn't get high enough score on the questions and that I was SOL

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about how you would handle customers, tell a little about yourself, your background etc   Answer Question