Excellus BlueCross BlueShield

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.8

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with an HR employee to set up a time and answer any general questions. They asked me to come in to the location for an in person interview that lasted about 30 mins. They took a long time to get back to me afterwards.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Utica, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a human resources employee and the head of the actual department I'd be working under for their summer internship program. It took about half an hour. They asked behavioral questions mostly and asked what software I knew how to use for the position. It was fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake you made, how you handled it, and what the outcome was   Answer Question

Interview

Very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was permitted.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Straight forward, standard HR procedures. Resumes must contain keywords and skills to be picked up by recruiters. I believe drug tests are now required. References are a must. Don't be afraid to negotiate for what you want.

Interview Questions

• Describe how previous experience is a fit for this opening.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

All communications through HR (no surprise). Had 1 interview with hiring manager, that was relatively easy and went well. Used behavioral interviewing. Definitely "feels" corporate and a bit stuffy when you're inside the building. After I was given the job offer I was able to negotiate salary a little bit.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any weird or particularly difficult questions. I believe it was behavioral interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary given my experience in the field.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first and then called in for sit down. The sit down was with 1 person for about 90 minutes. I was asked prepared questions, mostly personality type questions. If you interview with this company, ask good questions back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Syracuse, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager from a local office. She asked me some basic questions, then left the room. The person who called me in the first place said I didn't get high enough score on the questions and that I was SOL

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about how you would handle customers, tell a little about yourself, your background etc   Answer Question