Exel Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

Rail Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Exel Logistics in August 2014.

Phone interview with two people for screening. The interview lasted about 45mins. In person interview at hotel in Torrance. It was very casual interview in the hotel lobby. The interview also lasted about 45mins. The questions were similar to the ones on the phone. Was told would have follow up interview within a few days. Never heard from them after speaking on the phone with them to set up the follow up interview. They never showed up.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you disagreed with a supervisor and tried to persuade them to your opinion.   Answer Question

Inventory Control Clerk Interview

I was interviewed by the two first Supervisors that started up the Gymboree account over the phone after supplying an internal application through a different Exel sight. The interview went both ways, as in, I was able to ask questions to get a feel if I would like to be a part of the new facility. The questions were in depth and helped me decide I would like to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions
    • If I had an issue working long hours or weekends also.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

interviewed at Exel Logistics in February 2014.

Met the company through a college career fair. The company college recruiter contacted me by email and we scheduled a phone interview. The company contacted me back again for the next round of interviews. I then scheduled an in-person interview at the local facility.

Interview Questions
    • the phone interview was not difficult and had typical interview questions consisting of describing yourself and reviewing your resume.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exel Logistics.

Very easy. Nothing difficult at all!

None

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

interviewed at Exel Logistics in October 2013.

The interview process was business casual, but very laid back. The questions were all getting to know the interviewee and then a few situational questions. Overall, it was not a very difficult interview.

Interview Questions
    • As a warehouse supervisor, if you asked someone to do something in front of the rest of the employees and he said no, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer

Transportation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exel Logistics.

Call from manager>call from HR>Several call from manager again with an online excel test (if offsite) > day long interview with several managers onsite.

I would highly recommend asking to speak with at least 2 analyst from the department (they rejected my request when I asked). Do not just take the word of the manager (Mechanicsburg, PA).

Interview Questions
    • None - very straight forward. They were just collecting/writing down irrelevant answers as if they picked off questions from other job functions off the internet.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Exel Logistics in September 2013.

I was contacted by Exel. HR had found my resume online. From the start, the HR rep was hands down the best representative I have ever dealt with. I actually responded on her behalf to the General Manager to please recognize her. I was brought in for an interview with a senior Ops Manager. Prior to meeting, I sat with the general HR manager and discussed my resume. He was very easy going and made me comfortable and let me showcase my skills with no distractions. After our meeting, I went in with the senior Ops Mgr. He asked me to explain my resume from the bottom up. Immediately after he asked me some basic STAR questions. Nothing uncomfortable. Very relaxed. Actually, the questions were leading me into discussing the skills they were looking for. Interview was about an hour. I waited about a day to see a reply from my interview follow up email. I was asked to interview with the General Mgr. About a week later I interviewed with him. Again, it was very informal and comfortable. Again, he listened to my sales pitch and followed up by asking me some general leadership situational style questions. About another hour long. I must say that everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Again, I followed up with emails to the managers and waited. About a week passed and I followed up again to be told that they would be making a decision by the end of the week. The end of the week passed with no offer. I checked the company Website and noticed the job posting was removed. I figured I was passed up. Two days later, an offer arrived. The offer is written and mailed so there is really no negotiation to be had unless you formally counter the offer. In conclusion, great process overall and I really liked the company and interactions I had. Cant wait to start.

Interview Questions
    Written offer and difficult to negotiate.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exel Logistics.

2-3 rounds. Pretty standard textbook questions. Mostly situational/behavioral questions.... ie: Tell me about a time.... or Here is a situation __________ how would you handle it?

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember there being any surprises or odd ball questions.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward, there usually is room to negotiate base salary and sign on/moving bonus.

Forklift Operator Interview

Now they hire through a Temp Agency. If you do get offered a fulltime job, you will have to take 3 written tests - math; aptitude and one that supposedly has no right or wrong answers (however, you can fail this test).. If you pass these tests then you will then be set up for a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Just be careful when taking the "No Right or Wrong Answer" test. You really need to answer how the you would think the Company would answer the questions.   Answer Question
    Very simple

TRU Facility (General Labor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groveport, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groveport, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exel Logistics in October 2012.

I went there (at my dad's suggestion) back in mid-to-late October. At first, I thought it would be something of a breeze—then I realized in my interview they had expectations a little higher than I wanted to, e.g. 40 hours a week with no breaks. About a week later after my interview (and urine screening), I got a call from them asking if they wanted me as a picker working from 6-2am. Using what I found out about Exel on Glassdoor as my research, I politely turned them down, saying it didn't quite match up with my interests.

Interview Questions

It didn't match my personal interests.