Exel Operations Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exel.

Interview

2 interviews; 1st interview with HR and 2nd interview with Operations Manager. It took about a month from applying online to getting a call back. After the call I had an interview the following week, then was called back for a second interview 3 days later, and then a call back right after with an offered.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishment   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Exel

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exel in March 2015.

Interview

Personable interview that made me feel like they were really trying to get to know me. Took 90 minutes of their time to discuss my qualifications and their ideal candidate and to give valuable insight of what a career with the company entails.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

It was a great experience! Everyone was very nice and I felt welcomed the entire time I was there. We walked around the the plant for the first part than went out to dinner with everyone after. The interview process itself was very laid back and not bad at all.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exel in October 2014.

Interview

Exel came to my school and was recruiting for this position. I applied with them and they were very relaxed and easy to approach. After speaking for a while they asked me for my resume. After looking it over they asked me to interview with them. The interview went well and was relaxed just like a regular interview. I am still in the process now and waiting for a call.

Interview Questions

• You get to work and start off your day regularly and you see one of your employees not working so you approach her. You start to ask why she is not busy and she burst into tears. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me how much I wanted to get paid in the first interview.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exel in October 2014.

Interview

Met with Exel at college career fair. Two days later received a phone call asking to set up an on-campus interview. Had three interviewers from the local area. Interview was fantastic. After, I received a phone call about 3 days later to set up College Day visits at their campus. This event was two days, we saw two different warehouses/Distribution Centers (really neat) had dinner and discussions with managers and folks from the company. Next day had to give 5 minute presentation (make it memorable!!!!!!!!!!) and then had 3 45 minute interviews with managers from different locations. That was on Thursday/Friday. On Tuesday I received a phone call stating that I would be receiving an offer. A few hours later, I received details over the phone of the offer and by that same Friday, I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Very good interviews. Ask some practical questions, as well as see if you can hold conversations with people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exel.

Interview

Very easy. Nothing difficult at all!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Exel (Mechanicsburg, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Process started with a formal interview. General manager interviewed me using behavioral questions and resumes from questions. Few weeks later was invited for next round of interviews at a college day. First day they should be and 13 other college students around a warehouse and took us out to dinner. The next day we had to do a 5 minute presentation about ourselves then had 3 individual interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, hiring managers said they look for soft skills.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exel in October 2013.

Interview

Had an interview on my college campus to start. They called back a few weeks later, set up a second round of interviews and site tours in Chicago. They paid for a rental vehicle and hotel room for a night. Had three interviews on this day with three different managers from throughout the company. After the second round, I received another call a couple weeks later for a third interview at a specific site that was interested. Again, they paid for a rental and reimbursed me for a hotel for the night.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exel.

Interview

2-3 rounds. Pretty standard textbook questions. Mostly situational/behavioral questions.... ie: Tell me about a time.... or Here is a situation __________ how would you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Don't remember there being any surprises or odd ball questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward, there usually is room to negotiate base salary and sign on/moving bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exel (Harrisburg, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial interview where they ask you questions from a sheet of questions they are required to ask you. Heard back the next day that they wanted me to go on to the next interview which is a 2 day event. First day is more lax and network with people in the company. Second day you need to give a presentation about yourself to a group of people that interview you afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you went against the grain to do the right thing   Answer Question