Exel Operations Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Exel in October 2013.

Had an interview on my college campus to start. They called back a few weeks later, set up a second round of interviews and site tours in Chicago. They paid for a rental vehicle and hotel room for a night. Had three interviews on this day with three different managers from throughout the company.

After the second round, I received another call a couple weeks later for a third interview at a specific site that was interested. Again, they paid for a rental and reimbursed me for a hotel for the night.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Exel

Anonymous Employee  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Exel in October 2013.

Process started with a formal interview. General manager interviewed me using behavioral questions and resumes from questions. Few weeks later was invited for next round of interviews at a college day. First day they should be and 13 other college students around a warehouse and took us out to dinner. The next day we had to do a 5 minute presentation about ourselves then had 3 individual interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, hiring managers said they look for soft skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exel in March 2013.

Initial interview where they ask you questions from a sheet of questions they are required to ask you. Heard back the next day that they wanted me to go on to the next interview which is a 2 day event. First day is more lax and network with people in the company. Second day you need to give a presentation about yourself to a group of people that interview you afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you went against the grain to do the right thing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Exel in October 2012.

Very much a scenario based interview with 2 college recruiters. Extremely nice and welcoming. They want to know who you are.

Anonymous Employee  in  Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Exel in October 2011.

Applied online at school for open interviews. Had an interview with one of the recruiters on campus. She asked a series of normal questions like past job experience personality questions etc. She explained about the job and they are looking for a particular type of person for the job. Then she called back a couple days later and asked me to continue to the second interview process which was a group interview with a presentation about myself with no direction on what they wanted to hear. There was about a dozen people there from all over, which they payed for hotel and transportation costs. I lived about 20 miles from site so I commuted. The first day of second interview they gave us a tour of 2 different distrubution sites, then we had dinner and was pushed around to different tables to network. (didnt help, the people to network did not have any say on the interviews) Second day was the About me interviews and then interviews with 3 different managers. All asking different questions. I felt like it was a test of how far before you break. The pay was 40000 and no overtime, and you are expected to work 50 hours a week. So calculate that into your per hour ratio. They do all seem extremely nice and very welcoming. I would not say that they are a bad company, just the interview process seemed a little grouling. Good Luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Exel in May 2008.

the company called me within 48 hours of application. Interview was set up for later in the week. I heard back 2-3 days later and was job offered pending back ground check and hair folicle drug screen.

From application to start of employement was almost 1 month.

5 days

Operations Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exel.

The interview was standard asking for career goals and if you are willing to relocate. Interview was done by two people and they take turns answering questions. They will only take people who are willing to continually be relocated.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Exel in September 2011.

Relatively simple interview. Very friendly people. Seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were dealt with adversity and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Exel in April 2009.

One phone interview. one 1:1 interview, and a group interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to show your leadership qualities?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Exel in March 2010.

I met the company at a college recruitment and submitted my resume which is how I got the first interview. I then was invited to their college recruitment day on their SE campus for a 2nd round of interviews. I am now in the process of waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your life where you dealt with an unethical situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Exel? Contribute to the Community!