Exel

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Supervisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Exel in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had an interview on my college campus to start. They called back a few weeks later, set up a second round of interviews and site tours in Chicago. They paid for a rental vehicle and hotel room for a night. Had three interviews on this day with three different managers from throughout the company.

After the second round, I received another call a couple weeks later for a third interview at a specific site that was interested. Again, they paid for a rental and reimbursed me for a hotel for the night.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Exel in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process started with a formal interview. General manager interviewed me using behavioral questions and resumes from questions. Few weeks later was invited for next round of interviews at a college day. First day they should be and 13 other college students around a warehouse and took us out to dinner. The next day we had to do a 5 minute presentation about ourselves then had 3 individual interviews with different managers.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult, hiring managers said they look for soft skills.   Answer Question

Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exel in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview where they ask you questions from a sheet of questions they are required to ask you. Heard back the next day that they wanted me to go on to the next interview which is a 2 day event. First day is more lax and network with people in the company. Second day you need to give a presentation about yourself to a group of people that interview you afterwards.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you went against the grain to do the right thing   Answer Question

Auburn, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exel in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very much a scenario based interview with 2 college recruiters. Extremely nice and welcoming. They want to know who you are.

Interview Question – Name one time you have failed and explain.   Answer Question

Fontana, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Exel in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online at school for open interviews. Had an interview with one of the recruiters on campus. She asked a series of normal questions like past job experience personality questions etc. She explained about the job and they are looking for a particular type of person for the job. Then she called back a couple days later and asked me to continue to the second interview process which was a group interview with a presentation about myself with no direction on what they wanted to hear. There was about a dozen people there from all over, which they payed for hotel and transportation costs. I lived about 20 miles from site so I commuted. The first day of second interview they gave us a tour of 2 different distrubution sites, then we had dinner and was pushed around to different tables to network. (didnt help, the people to network did not have any say on the interviews) Second day was the About me interviews and then interviews with 3 different managers. All asking different questions. I felt like it was a test of how far before you break. The pay was 40000 and no overtime, and you are expected to work 50 hours a week. So calculate that into your per hour ratio. They do all seem extremely nice and very welcoming. I would not say that they are a bad company, just the interview process seemed a little grouling. Good Luck!

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Modesto, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exel in May 2008.

Interview Details – the company called me within 48 hours of application. Interview was set up for later in the week. I heard back 2-3 days later and was job offered pending back ground check and hair folicle drug screen.

From application to start of employement was almost 1 month.

Interview Question – why did you lurn down our previous offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 5 days

Operations Supervisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exel.

Interview Details – The interview was standard asking for career goals and if you are willing to relocate. Interview was done by two people and they take turns answering questions. They will only take people who are willing to continually be relocated.

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exel in September 2011.

Interview Details – Relatively simple interview. Very friendly people. Seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were dealt with adversity and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Exel in April 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview. one 1:1 interview, and a group interview

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to show your leadership qualities?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Exel in March 2010.

Interview Details – I met the company at a college recruitment and submitted my resume which is how I got the first interview. I then was invited to their college recruitment day on their SE campus for a 2nd round of interviews. I am now in the process of waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Question – Describe a time in your life where you dealt with an unethical situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Exel? Contribute to the Community!