Exelis Interview Questions in Clifton, NJ

Updated May 19, 2015

3.1

RF Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very basic. I was asked about my coursework, interests, and previous internship experience. There were very few behavioral questions and I don't think I was in the room for more than a half hour. I was speaking with two engineers that I eventually ended up working with.

Interview Questions

• As long as you know your resume, none of the questions should be difficult.   Answer Question

Environmental Health and Safety Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Slightly hard interview, but nothing out of the ordinary. Questions were mostly about past experience and character traits, as well as "what if" situations. Interviewers were very friendly, not intimidating at all. Panel interview consisting of one HR rep, ESH manager, and one team member. Experience with HR could have been better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you did something wrong at work and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

I was hired through an employmeny agency. Unless you have a relative or a friend who is a long time employee, there is no other way to get hired here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. The salary for my position was fixed.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

Very friendly interview, basics of the accounting statements, recent news, a little about yourself

Interview Questions

• What are the three acct statements how are they related and used   Answer Question

Junior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

They called in Career Day at the time. 32 students were brought in from various colleges and universities and were all subjected to a 1:1 interview with 4 different people for the entire day. 16 of us were actually selected back in Fall 2009 and that was last time we've actually had a career day since.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in programming a microcontroller.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered me what I requested.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume at my college's career fair and was contacted within a couple weeks that myself along with 30 other candidates were selected. A career day was scheduled at their facility which consisted of a half day of touring the company and the other half on a series of 4 interviews. The interviews were not highly technical and very laid back. They basically wanted to know about my previous experience and educational accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the offer I simply chose my start date. Offer was very competitive and the benefits package was one of the best in the industry.

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

Panel interview. Finance, HR, Business Strategy, and maybe a few others. Hiring process is SLOW. So be prepared to wait it out. They'll come back with an OK salary at first. Haggle a bit, they have room to play.

Interview Questions

• If you would be any type of office furniture, what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, negotiate! Always try for more than the initial offer. And get a sign-on bonus!

Senior Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewers were disorganized. Hiring process took two months

Interview Questions

• In the past if a cam wouldnt give you information, how will you get it   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone followed by one to one interview. Interviewed with more than three engineers, interview was long and was asked a lot of detailed technical and theoretical question.