Exelis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Junior Member of Technical Staff
Clifton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exelis in June 2010.

Interview Details – They called in Career Day at the time. 32 students were brought in from various colleges and universities and were all subjected to a 1:1 interview with 4 different people for the entire day. 16 of us were actually selected back in Fall 2009 and that was last time we've actually had a career day since.

Interview Question – Describe your experience in programming a microcontroller.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered me what I requested.

Business Analyst III Interview

Business Analyst III
Clifton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Exelis in July 2009.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Finance, HR, Business Strategy, and maybe a few others. Hiring process is SLOW. So be prepared to wait it out. They'll come back with an OK salary at first. Haggle a bit, they have room to play.

Interview Question – If you would be any type of office furniture, what would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiate! Always try for more than the initial offer. And get a sign-on bonus!

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Clifton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Exelis in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone followed by one to one interview. Interviewed with more than three engineers, interview was long and was asked a lot of detailed technical and theoretical question.

Interview Question – Live diagnosis of problem(s) in a system   Answer Question

Electronic Technician Interview

Electronic Technician
Clifton, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – I was hired through an employmeny agency. Unless you have a relative or a friend who is a long time employee, there is no other way to get hired here.

Interview Question – Wanted to know who I knew with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. The salary for my position was fixed.

Finance Interview

Finance
Clifton, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Exelis in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly interview, basics of the accounting statements, recent news, a little about yourself

Interview Question – What are the three acct statements how are they related and used   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Clifton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exelis in November 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume at my college's career fair and was contacted within a couple weeks that myself along with 30 other candidates were selected. A career day was scheduled at their facility which consisted of a half day of touring the company and the other half on a series of 4 interviews. The interviews were not highly technical and very laid back. They basically wanted to know about my previous experience and educational accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the offer I simply chose my start date. Offer was very competitive and the benefits package was one of the best in the industry.

Senior Master Scheduler Interview

Senior Master Scheduler
Clifton, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exelis in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewers were disorganized. Hiring process took two months

Interview Question – In the past if a cam wouldnt give you information, how will you get it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Long

Worked for Exelis? Contribute to the Community!