Exelis Interview Questions in Clifton, NJ

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis.

I was hired through an employmeny agency. Unless you have a relative or a friend who is a long time employee, there is no other way to get hired here.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating. The salary for my position was fixed.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Exelis in September 2010.

Very friendly interview, basics of the accounting statements, recent news, a little about yourself

Interview Questions
    • What are the three acct statements how are they related and used   Answer Question

Junior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exelis in June 2010.

They called in Career Day at the time. 32 students were brought in from various colleges and universities and were all subjected to a 1:1 interview with 4 different people for the entire day. 16 of us were actually selected back in Fall 2009 and that was last time we've actually had a career day since.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience in programming a microcontroller.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they offered me what I requested.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exelis in November 2009.

I submitted my resume at my college's career fair and was contacted within a couple weeks that myself along with 30 other candidates were selected. A career day was scheduled at their facility which consisted of a half day of touring the company and the other half on a series of 4 interviews. The interviews were not highly technical and very laid back. They basically wanted to know about my previous experience and educational accomplishments.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the offer I simply chose my start date. Offer was very competitive and the benefits package was one of the best in the industry.

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis in July 2009.

Panel interview. Finance, HR, Business Strategy, and maybe a few others. Hiring process is SLOW. So be prepared to wait it out. They'll come back with an OK salary at first. Haggle a bit, they have room to play.

Interview Questions
    • If you would be any type of office furniture, what would you be?   View Answer
    Yes, negotiate! Always try for more than the initial offer. And get a sign-on bonus!

Senior Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis in June 2009.

Interviewers were disorganized. Hiring process took two months

Interview Questions
    • In the past if a cam wouldnt give you information, how will you get it   View Answer
    Long

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis in January 2008.

Phone followed by one to one interview. Interviewed with more than three engineers, interview was long and was asked a lot of detailed technical and theoretical question.