Exelis Interview Questions

2.5

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Exelis in February 2015.

Very casual and laid back interview, they just asked about points you list on your resume, so be sure to be familiar with your resume. They are proud to take you on a tour of the facility and try to gauge your interest for different roles during the tour. After going over your resume, they ask the usual questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had difficulty with a teammate or coworker?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis in February 2015.

Took 3 months to hear back once I had submitted my resume and cover letter. Was contacted via e-mail with some questions about my experience and whether or not I was still interested in the position. Was called a day after my e-mail response for a short, 30 minute phone pre-screen. An in-person interview was scheduled for a few days later. Interviewed with two senior personnel, questions were more about my experiences and a few light behavioral-type questions. This portion of the interview lasted an hour, and included a brief tour of the facilities. The second portion of the interview was with HR, and consisted of some more experience questions and a couple behavioral questions. The whole interview process made it seem like they were interested in hiring me from the first time they contacted me.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Exelis.

The interview process consisted with an initial phone screening the scheduled an in person meeting. Received a phone call one hour prior to the scheduled interview time stating that we need to reschedule due to time conflict - should have known this was an indicator of the culture.

Interview Questions
    They lowball the offer and there was a little back and forth to get a decent salary.

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Exelis.

Interview was with six members of the engineering staff. There were no technical detail type questions. They mainly talked to me about my resume and experience in university and my experience with group projects.They were very nice and easy to talk to.

Q:
    How have you dealt with uncooperative group members in the past?
    What is you greatest accomplishment?
    Most/least favorite college class?
    Tell us about your senior design project and how it worked.

Interview Questions
    • What was an example of a situation you were thrown into the middle of that you had not experienced before and that you had to adapt to quickly?   Answer Question
    The offer was decent so I accepted.

Calibrations Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Exelis.

There was an initial phone call informing me of their interest in bringing me in to be interviewed for the position and asked if I was generally interested. The in-person interview was very casual, although I feel that was because the person that interviewed me, stuck an instant connection, and liking to me, which took a lot of the pressure off of the interview.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

When I was interviewed it was part of a career day. 20 to 30 recent graduates were interviewed however only a handful of positions could be filled. I had 3 sit down interviews that day.

My number was exceeded but if I knew then what I know now I would have asked from more.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Exelis in November 2014.

Gotta say this was probably the worst interview experience of my life. HR was nice and all but the interview was a mess. I was told the "full time permanent" position I was applying for likely wouldn't exist in six months. I wasn't asked about myself at all, I was only asked about my résumé. On top of all that, the guy who interviewed me seemed burnt out and disinterested both in the interview and his own job. It was actually a bit funny because he mistook my growing revulsion for nervousness. Overall it seemed like a very toxic environment to be stepping into, so I cut the interview short after 20 minutes and left.

Systems Engineer (Information Systems) Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Exelis in November 2014.

The technical recruiter contacted me within a few days after I applied through LinkedIn, which almost never happens with a company like Exelis (Raytheon, Boeing take weeks to respond). She was very friendly and up-front about the jobs requirements and the security clearance process associated with a job offer.

First interviewer was a senior employee in the department to which I was applying, which went very well. Basic technical questions and overview of resume and qualifications.

Second interview was a conference call with the first interviewer and two other members of the department I was applying into. These were more specific technical questions, applying directly to the work I'd be doing if I were to work in the position. Also went very well.

Third was an interview with the company's security officer, who asked basic questions pertaining to your personal and professional life (essentially determining whether or not I would be able to attain the required security clearance for the position). Unless you're Pablo Escobar or have murdered someone, you should be fine in this section.

Interview Questions
    • During the conference call, the gentlemen asked me a question about a project I did during my junior year (it was on my resume). Kind of hit me off guard and my response didn't really answer the question.   Answer Question
    After a bit of research, their offer was on par with every other company in the industry, and the benefits package is incredibly generous.

Systems Engineer Interview

I had done a phone interview with an HR and a Systems Engineer at the same time. The questions were very basic such as "Tell me about yourself" question and then they asked about the projects I had completed. I had a nice conversation at the end when they asked me if I had any questions and so I did and asked about the company and how they liked it and all that stuff.

I only had about 3 days to accept or decline so that sucked.

Subcontract Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis.

Most of my hiring and interviewing was done electronically over e-mail and telephone as I was located across the country. The overall process was somewhat lengthy, but I received updates any time I contacted my recruiter.

The interview was very standard and the questions were in-line with what I would expect.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult or unexpected, they focused on clarifying experience in subject matter areas.   Answer Question
    I negotiated relocation costs.