Exelis Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Company fumbled my travel arrangements, I had to pay for the entire trip up front. Interview was good, interviewers raved about how much they were impressed with my background and how much they liked me, I never heard back from them again. I tried to get reimbursed for travel and received the run around for two months. They always have excuses about why I hadn't received the money and always placed blame on another department. They were terrible!

Middle Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Exelis in October 2010.

The hiring manager did not ask any significant questions. The internal psychologist conducted the interview which I thought was strange. He read fro a canned list of questions. They no longer use this technique but instead try to get hiring managers in the work area as well as neghboring work groups to conduct interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Initial phone screen: 10 mins
    Phone Interview: 30 mins
    In person Interview: 45 mins

People were very friendly, questions were straight forward with a mix of behavioral and technical. No questions were out of the ordinary.

Junior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Exelis in June 2010.

They called in Career Day at the time. 32 students were brought in from various colleges and universities and were all subjected to a 1:1 interview with 4 different people for the entire day. 16 of us were actually selected back in Fall 2009 and that was last time we've actually had a career day since.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience in programming a microcontroller.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they offered me what I requested.

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Exelis in October 2010.

Phone interview, started paperwork, and left for overseas. It was not a difficult process but you do have to do alot of running around to get certain things accomplished for your security clearance and other things.

It wasnt not a neg phase

Senior Trade Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Exelis in July 2010.

Excellent. Spoke with several members of the team. which also included the head of the department. they required you to come back for multiple round table interviews. Should include a tour of the area.

Interview Questions
    • The amount of support required for numerous departments   Answer Question
    Refuse to negotiate

IT Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Exelis in October 2010.

standard you might be asked questions about things you may never do at your job
    recruiter will not be clear about how things there in kuwait if you can take a trip there to see the country and see if this is some thing interest you .
    Hiring took long time between interview and receiving the offer then processing all the background paper work so you need patience here
    however you need to be prepared for CRC

You wont be able to negotiate the salary which i find really discouraging

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Exelis in October 2013.

Very good interview. The hiring manager knew exactly what he was looking for. My experience and background, alone with my responses were helped me get a foot in. Having prior military experience also paid off a great deal, as I was was looking for a position as a government contractor.

Interview Questions
    • What did I dislike most about working as a subcontractor under another company with the big contract.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable.

Defense Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Exelis in December 2010.

The fact that I had been with the previous contractor meant that the carryover manager was receptive to my being hired on. It was all about emails and my obtaining background checks and getting a drug test and a physical. The trick is that you have to be sure that everything is done in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • There really isn't much in the way of either difficult or unexpected questions. It's more about just being sure that the HR department has everything current.   Answer Question
    The offered a contract and I accepted. The money at first was less than my previous job, but it later was raised.

Movement Control Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Exelis.

It was over email and phone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Each position is paid a certain amount. Everybody in my office made the same amount.

Worked for Exelis? Contribute to the Community!