Exelis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Middle Manager Interview

Middle Manager
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exelis in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager did not ask any significant questions. The internal psychologist conducted the interview which I thought was strange. He read fro a canned list of questions. They no longer use this technique but instead try to get hiring managers in the work area as well as neghboring work groups to conduct interviews.

Interview Question – Benign questions for the most part   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Exelis

Interview Details – Initial phone screen: 10 mins
Phone Interview: 30 mins
In person Interview: 45 mins

People were very friendly, questions were straight forward with a mix of behavioral and technical. No questions were out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – How could we use our resources in a new way?   Answer Question

Junior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Junior Member of Technical Staff
Clifton, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exelis in June 2010.

Interview Details – They called in Career Day at the time. 32 students were brought in from various colleges and universities and were all subjected to a 1:1 interview with 4 different people for the entire day. 16 of us were actually selected back in Fall 2009 and that was last time we've actually had a career day since.

Interview Question – Describe your experience in programming a microcontroller.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered me what I requested.

Information Assurance Analyst Interview

Information Assurance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exelis in October 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, started paperwork, and left for overseas. It was not a difficult process but you do have to do alot of running around to get certain things accomplished for your security clearance and other things.

Negotiation Details – It wasnt not a neg phase

Senior Trade Compliance Analyst Interview

Senior Trade Compliance Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exelis in July 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent. Spoke with several members of the team. which also included the head of the department. they required you to come back for multiple round table interviews. Should include a tour of the area.

Interview Question – The amount of support required for numerous departments   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Refuse to negotiate

IT Staff Interview

IT Staff

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Exelis in October 2010.

Interview Details – standard you might be asked questions about things you may never do at your job
recruiter will not be clear about how things there in kuwait if you can take a trip there to see the country and see if this is some thing interest you .
Hiring took long time between interview and receiving the offer then processing all the background paper work so you need patience here
however you need to be prepared for CRC

Negotiation Details – You wont be able to negotiate the salary which i find really discouraging

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Exelis in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very good interview. The hiring manager knew exactly what he was looking for. My experience and background, alone with my responses were helped me get a foot in. Having prior military experience also paid off a great deal, as I was was looking for a position as a government contractor.

Interview Question – What did I dislike most about working as a subcontractor under another company with the big contract.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Very Easy Interview

Defense Contractor Interview

Defense Contractor
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Exelis in December 2010.

Interview Details – The fact that I had been with the previous contractor meant that the carryover manager was receptive to my being hired on. It was all about emails and my obtaining background checks and getting a drug test and a physical. The trick is that you have to be sure that everything is done in a timely manner.

Interview Question – There really isn't much in the way of either difficult or unexpected questions. It's more about just being sure that the HR department has everything current.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offered a contract and I accepted. The money at first was less than my previous job, but it later was raised.

Movement Control Specialist Interview

Movement Control Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – It was over email and phone.

Interview Question – Nothing really. It was more me talking about me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Each position is paid a certain amount. Everybody in my office made the same amount.

Very Easy Interview

ADPE Technician Interview

ADPE Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – Once email contact has been established, a brief phone interview takes place. After that, an offer letter will be submitted via email along with a packet to complete, including various things such as medical screening, physical, optical, dental, clearance, passport, etc. information/requests.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. I think the most complicated thing I had to answer is what the acronym "DHCP" stood for.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation:
Coming from the Marines to the following offer:
$25.26 per hour
60 hours per week
70% uplift on the first 40 hours of the work week
$3,000 sign on bonus
$3,000 travel bonus
$16,000 completion bonus (of 12 months)
= $137,589.76 per year

Worked for Exelis? Contribute to the Community!