Exelis

Getting the Interview

62 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Exelis in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very good interview. The hiring manager knew exactly what he was looking for. My experience and background, alone with my responses were helped me get a foot in. Having prior military experience also paid off a great deal, as I was was looking for a position as a government contractor.

Interview Question – What did I dislike most about working as a subcontractor under another company with the big contract.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Defense Contractor Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Exelis in December 2010.

Interview Details – The fact that I had been with the previous contractor meant that the carryover manager was receptive to my being hired on. It was all about emails and my obtaining background checks and getting a drug test and a physical. The trick is that you have to be sure that everything is done in a timely manner.

Interview Question – There really isn't much in the way of either difficult or unexpected questions. It's more about just being sure that the HR department has everything current.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offered a contract and I accepted. The money at first was less than my previous job, but it later was raised.

Movement Control Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – It was over email and phone.

Interview Question – Nothing really. It was more me talking about me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Each position is paid a certain amount. Everybody in my office made the same amount.

ADPE Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – Once email contact has been established, a brief phone interview takes place. After that, an offer letter will be submitted via email along with a packet to complete, including various things such as medical screening, physical, optical, dental, clearance, passport, etc. information/requests.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. I think the most complicated thing I had to answer is what the acronym "DHCP" stood for.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation:
Coming from the Marines to the following offer:
$25.26 per hour
60 hours per week
70% uplift on the first 40 hours of the work week
$3,000 sign on bonus
$3,000 travel bonus
$16,000 completion bonus (of 12 months)
= $137,589.76 per year

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – Good interview

Interview Question – Security back ground check was intense   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with salary but sign on bonus

Junior Software Developer Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Exelis in February 2014.

Interview Details – Team was very professional and a pleasure to speak to. Interview process was not intense or difficult for a trained developer. Recruiter/HR was pleasant to talk to.
Process was e-mail and phone calls with recruiter (filtering applicants) followed by back-to-back interviews with 3 team members.

Interview Question – None, experience was very straight-forward.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Morgan Hill, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exelis in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal, one-on-one, very police and professional environment. Interview 9:00am, meet with Andrea Matthews, HR Director, then after that meet with Stephen Pearce, Director of Engineering a chap from Britian (accent and all) new father ... very open upfront and to the point about what his expectations were.

Negotiation Details – No, couldn't negotiate the rate was $25.00 per hour

Shared Business Services Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – Phone interview then actual interview

Interview Question – I honestly cannot remember. It was a long time ago   Answer Question

Service Desk Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Exelis.

Interview Details – Hiring when smooth, process somewhat irregular and unorthodox.

Interview Question – None that I am a where of at this time. A truthful response is the best approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Offer was presented earlier.

Communications Electronics Technician Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Exelis in February 2013.

Interview Details – Good proceeds a little informal

Interview Question – What can you see yourself adding to the company in spite of your weakness   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – pleasant and employee friendly. mad me feel like they needed me

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exelis

Worked for Exelis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exelis interview questions and advice. All 62 interview reviews posted anonymously by Exelis employees and interview candidates.