Exelis

2.6

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Exelis in November 2014.

Gotta say this was probably the worst interview experience of my life. HR was nice and all but the interview was a mess. I was told the "full time permanent" position I was applying for likely wouldn't exist in six months. I wasn't asked about myself at all, I was only asked about my résumé. On top of all that, the guy who interviewed me seemed burnt out and disinterested both in the interview and his own job. It was actually a bit funny because he mistook my growing revulsion for nervousness. Overall it seemed like a very toxic environment to be stepping into, so I cut the interview short after 20 minutes and left.

Systems Engineer Interview

I had done a phone interview with an HR and a Systems Engineer at the same time. The questions were very basic such as "Tell me about yourself" question and then they asked about the projects I had completed. I had a nice conversation at the end when they asked me if I had any questions and so I did and asked about the company and how they liked it and all that stuff.

I only had about 3 days to accept or decline so that sucked.

Subcontract Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis.

Most of my hiring and interviewing was done electronically over e-mail and telephone as I was located across the country. The overall process was somewhat lengthy, but I received updates any time I contacted my recruiter.

The interview was very standard and the questions were in-line with what I would expect.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult or unexpected, they focused on clarifying experience in subject matter areas.   Answer Question
    I negotiated relocation costs.

Program Manager Interview

Company fumbled my travel arrangements, I had to pay for the entire trip up front. Interview was good, interviewers raved about how much they were impressed with my background and how much they liked me, I never heard back from them again. I tried to get reimbursed for travel and received the run around for two months. They always have excuses about why I hadn't received the money and always placed blame on another department. They were terrible!

Financial Analyst Interview

Initial phone screen: 10 mins
    Phone Interview: 30 mins
    In person Interview: 45 mins

People were very friendly, questions were straight forward with a mix of behavioral and technical. No questions were out of the ordinary.

Technical Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exelis in April 2014.

Two week process
         --Led to an interview with an HR representative and then the manager who Iw as to actually be assigned to.

iId not negotiate

Movement Control Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Exelis.

It was over email and phone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Each position is paid a certain amount. Everybody in my office made the same amount.

ADPE Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Exelis.

Once email contact has been established, a brief phone interview takes place. After that, an offer letter will be submitted via email along with a packet to complete, including various things such as medical screening, physical, optical, dental, clearance, passport, etc. information/requests.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I think the most complicated thing I had to answer is what the acronym "DHCP" stood for.   View Answers (2)
    There was no negotiation:
    Coming from the Marines to the following offer:
    $25.26 per hour
    60 hours per week
    70% uplift on the first 40 hours of the work week
    $3,000 sign on bonus
    $3,000 travel bonus
    $16,000 completion bonus (of 12 months)
    = $137,589.76 per year

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Exelis.

Good interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with salary but sign on bonus

Shared Business Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Exelis.

Phone interview then actual interview