Exelis

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.6

Calibrations Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Exelis.

There was an initial phone call informing me of their interest in bringing me in to be interviewed for the position and asked if I was generally interested. The in-person interview was very casual, although I feel that was because the person that interviewed me, stuck an instant connection, and liking to me, which took a lot of the pressure off of the interview.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

When I was interviewed it was part of a career day. 20 to 30 recent graduates were interviewed however only a handful of positions could be filled. I had 3 sit down interviews that day.

My number was exceeded but if I knew then what I know now I would have asked from more.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Exelis in November 2014.

Gotta say this was probably the worst interview experience of my life. HR was nice and all but the interview was a mess. I was told the "full time permanent" position I was applying for likely wouldn't exist in six months. I wasn't asked about myself at all, I was only asked about my résumé. On top of all that, the guy who interviewed me seemed burnt out and disinterested both in the interview and his own job. It was actually a bit funny because he mistook my growing revulsion for nervousness. Overall it seemed like a very toxic environment to be stepping into, so I cut the interview short after 20 minutes and left.

Systems Engineer Interview

I had done a phone interview with an HR and a Systems Engineer at the same time. The questions were very basic such as "Tell me about yourself" question and then they asked about the projects I had completed. I had a nice conversation at the end when they asked me if I had any questions and so I did and asked about the company and how they liked it and all that stuff.

I only had about 3 days to accept or decline so that sucked.

Subcontract Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis.

Most of my hiring and interviewing was done electronically over e-mail and telephone as I was located across the country. The overall process was somewhat lengthy, but I received updates any time I contacted my recruiter.

The interview was very standard and the questions were in-line with what I would expect.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult or unexpected, they focused on clarifying experience in subject matter areas.   Answer Question
    I negotiated relocation costs.

Program Manager Interview

Company fumbled my travel arrangements, I had to pay for the entire trip up front. Interview was good, interviewers raved about how much they were impressed with my background and how much they liked me, I never heard back from them again. I tried to get reimbursed for travel and received the run around for two months. They always have excuses about why I hadn't received the money and always placed blame on another department. They were terrible!

Financial Analyst Interview

Initial phone screen: 10 mins
    Phone Interview: 30 mins
    In person Interview: 45 mins

People were very friendly, questions were straight forward with a mix of behavioral and technical. No questions were out of the ordinary.

RF Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exelis in May 2014.

The interview was very basic. I was asked about my coursework, interests, and previous internship experience. There were very few behavioral questions and I don't think I was in the room for more than a half hour. I was speaking with two engineers that I eventually ended up working with.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you know your resume, none of the questions should be difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exelis in April 2014.

Two week process
         --Led to an interview with an HR representative and then the manager who Iw as to actually be assigned to.

iId not negotiate

Movement Control Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Exelis.

It was over email and phone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Each position is paid a certain amount. Everybody in my office made the same amount.