Exelis Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY).

Interview

After speaking with representatives at my university career fair I applied for a few positions online. After about a month I received a pre-screening phone call and had a conversation with an HR representative to set up the next interview. The phone interview was with 2 senior engineers, the questions that they asked were mostly behavioral. A few days later I received another email, so I could schedule an on-site visit. The on-site visit consisted of a tour the facility that I would be working at and a group behavioral interview. The interview was very similar to the one that I had on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions including: where do you see yourself 5 years, why Exelis, what makes you the best candidate, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Exelis

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Exelis (Greenbelt, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening phone call (after speaking with representatives at a university career fair). After being told to look at a specific position, an on-site interview was scheduled for the following week. The on-site interview was really great. First, I met with one of the project leads who was looking to hire for the position and got an in-depth look at the project (though not so much what I would be doing). Then I met with the employee who I met at the career fair for a behavioral "interview" that was a very informal, relaxed discussion of my professional outlook and experience. Then I met with an HR rep. Very informal but got a good picture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Be able to talk about your vision for your work life, be fluent with behavioral questions (i.e. look online for a list and have someone else ask you them...actually go through your answers out loud)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I had done a phone interview with an HR and a Systems Engineer at the same time. The questions were very basic such as "Tell me about yourself" question and then they asked about the projects I had completed. I had a nice conversation at the end when they asked me if I had any questions and so I did and asked about the company and how they liked it and all that stuff.

Negotiation

I only had about 3 days to accept or decline so that sucked.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Exelis in September 2013.

Interview

The office was professional. The administrative assistant met me at the door and showed me to an office where I waited for my interviewer. The interview went well in my opinion. The questions asked included things like how would I describe my approach to a challenging problem, what is my opinion of my work ethic, and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to describe what I felt was a major success in my previous job. He asked how I solved a problem that others were not able to resolve on their own.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume at my college's career fair and was contacted within a couple weeks that myself along with 30 other candidates were selected. A career day was scheduled at their facility which consisted of a half day of touring the company and the other half on a series of 4 interviews. The interviews were not highly technical and very laid back. They basically wanted to know about my previous experience and educational accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the offer I simply chose my start date. Offer was very competitive and the benefits package was one of the best in the industry.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Exelis.

Interview

Good. College Career Day is an excellent recruiting event.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Exelis in January 2008.

Interview

They took the Resume at face value. No vetting of my certification. previous employer or co-worker were never contacted

Interview Questions

• What certification have I obtained?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Too simple No negotiation. 2 Calls; one is the recruiter calling to explain the process and the second call was a 5 minute "technincal" in by a HR hiring manager. approximately 1 days later I recieved an offer letter, I signed and faxed it back. That was it. Welcome Letter arrived via the email. Never seen a ITT recruiter or interveiwer just 2 calls and emails.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exelis in April 2007.

Interview

I like my interview