Exelixis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Exelixis in January 2010.

Interview Details – Their hiring process is fine, although you have to interview with many people and the entire process can take months before you receive a job offer. First you have a couple of telephone screens, then you have a face to face interview with several employees then there may be a follow up telephone interview.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions in my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no opportunity to negotiate as the make it clear that an offer is the best and only one they will make.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
South San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Exelixis in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was in December 2007.

There were several 1:1 interviews, a 1-hour presentation as well as a question and answer period, and we went out to lunch. The questions were mostly technical in nature, and they wanted to know how hands-on I would be in the position.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself a lab person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Research Interview

Research
South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exelixis in February 2008.

Interview Details – I met with all members in the group and couple others from other departments.

Interview Questions

Research Associate I Interview

Research Associate I
South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Exelixis in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process started with a phone interview. Next full day of interviews with team, director, etc. Everyone was very nice and I did not find it to be really stressful. Asked a lot about what I knew, what I wanted in a job, where I saw my career going. Overall, a good interview with really nice people.

Interview Question – Tell me some negative things about you as an employee   View Answer

Associate Research Scientist II Interview

Associate Research Scientist II

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Exelixis in February 2007.

Interview Details – Easy application process. Friendly human resources department. Prompt response to follow up calls. Good work environment. Asked many molecular / cellular bio questions. Panel interview. Two interviews. Initial phone screening followed by panel interview. Work culture laid back and easy going. Office up-to-date, clean. Nice people, employees seemed to really like working there.

Interview Questions

Programming Interview

Programming

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Exelixis in May 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by onsite interview for half a day.

Interview Question – Industry standards   Answer Question

Worked for Exelixis? Contribute to the Community!