Exelixis

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Exelixis.

Very pleasant people, questions relevant for the job description. However, it took a long time until I did not hear that they will move forward to hire me. All in all, the whole interviewing process was pleasant, just a lot of uncertainty.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate anything I just accepted the offer as it is as the offer was fair.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Exelixis in January 2010.

Their hiring process is fine, although you have to interview with many people and the entire process can take months before you receive a job offer. First you have a couple of telephone screens, then you have a face to face interview with several employees then there may be a follow up telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions in my experience.   Answer Question
    There is no opportunity to negotiate as the make it clear that an offer is the best and only one they will make.

Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Exelixis in January 2010.

Interview process started with a phone interview. Next full day of interviews with team, director, etc. Everyone was very nice and I did not find it to be really stressful. Asked a lot about what I knew, what I wanted in a job, where I saw my career going. Overall, a good interview with really nice people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me some negative things about you as an employee   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Exelixis in December 2009.

The interview was in December 2007.

There were several 1:1 interviews, a 1-hour presentation as well as a question and answer period, and we went out to lunch. The questions were mostly technical in nature, and they wanted to know how hands-on I would be in the position.

I did not negotiate

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exelixis in February 2008.

I met with all members in the group and couple others from other departments.

Associate Research Scientist II Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Exelixis in February 2007.

Easy application process. Friendly human resources department. Prompt response to follow up calls. Good work environment. Asked many molecular / cellular bio questions. Panel interview. Two interviews. Initial phone screening followed by panel interview. Work culture laid back and easy going. Office up-to-date, clean. Nice people, employees seemed to really like working there.

Programming Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exelixis in May 2008.

Phone Interview followed by onsite interview for half a day.