Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Exelixis
- Associate Director (1)
- Associate Research Scientist II (1)
- Senior Director (1)
- Research Scientist (1)
- Programming (1)
- Research (1)
- Research Associate I (1)
- Accepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA).
Very pleasant people, questions relevant for the job description. However, it took a long time until I did not hear that they will move forward to hire me. All in all, the whole interviewing process was pleasant, just a lot of uncertainty.
- There were no difficult questions Answer Question
I did not negotiate anything I just accepted the offer as it is as the offer was fair.
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.
Interview process started with a phone interview. Next full day of interviews with team, director, etc. Everyone was very nice and I did not find it to be really stressful. Asked a lot about what I knew, what I wanted in a job, where I saw my career going. Overall, a good interview with really nice people.
- Tell me some negative things about you as an employee 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.
Their hiring process is fine, although you have to interview with many people and the entire process can take months before you receive a job offer. First you have a couple of telephone screens, then you have a face to face interview with several employees then there may be a follow up telephone interview.
- There were no really difficult questions in my experience. Answer Question
There is no opportunity to negotiate as the make it clear that an offer is the best and only one they will make.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.
The interview was in December 2007.
There were several 1:1 interviews, a 1-hour presentation as well as a question and answer period, and we went out to lunch. The questions were mostly technical in nature, and they wanted to know how hands-on I would be in the position.
- Do you consider yourself a lab person? Answer Question
I did not negotiate
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Exelixis (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2008.
I met with all members in the group and couple others from other departments.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review