Exelon Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Exelon in April 2014.

Focus on establishing yourself as a human being first. Be yourself and be comfortable around the hiring manager. Do not forget to mention and be able to illustrate your technical skills as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about pervious projects I've been successful and unsuccessful in, and what actions I took. Be able to explain what you learned, the steps you took in avoiding the same problems in the future, and how you're developing.   Answer Question
    Did not have time to negotiate...

Principal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Exelon in March 2014.

I applied for the job through indeed and heard back within a week from the recruiter to set up an interview. I was interviewed by 3 different people. It was primarily a behavioral style interview. All of the interviewers were fairly professional although none of them seemed very happy at all about their jobs. They even mentioned specific things that frustrated them about what they were and weren't allowed to do in their roles. They even asked me how I felt about the be restricted to providing certain types of guidance in the open audit role. I knew during the interview that I was not interested in the job because of what seemed to be serious cultural problems in the group. I did not hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Exelon.

Hiring process is average time, dark suit, research the company to know about the business, and culture.

Interview Questions
    • I think the question are average question, more behavioral interview   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

pretty standard interview, you will speak to a lot of people

Interview Questions
    They are amendable to negotiations, including a sign on bonus.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Exelon in September 2012.

I went through two interviews (one via phone, one in person). The phone interview was straight forward. Within a week, I was offered an in person invite.

This was one of the most rigid interviews I've been to - the questions were all 4 or 5 sentences long with various parts. It was tough to answer completely and thoroughly. On more than one question, we had to skip it and move on to the next. I suggest listening very clearly and if possible, take notes on the keywords within the questions - it will help you greatly.

The great part was that my interviewers were very nice about the complexity of the interview questions and the entire process. They were also very informative about why I didn't get the job (came in second place) and what I could change about my interviewee style. I enjoyed this interview for its overall value.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to look at the job description once more and pick out a few aspects of the job in which I did NOT have any experience.   View Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Exelon in May 2010.

I applied for an open position in Communications at ComEd in Chicago. For the last two years (yes, 730 days!), I have seen positions become available and consequently, I have continued to apply. I landed three interviews and completed a writing test. I have never received a rejection letter and continue to try to become employed there. I just learned that another position was filled by internal candidates. Here's the advice I have for other interview candidates: don't waste your time. ComEd will string you along telling you first that they have a hiring freeze and then they end up hiring someone on the inside.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle communications issues with the labor union?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle internal communication issues with labor employees?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Exelon in May 2009.

Wasn't technical in nature ,more of a behavioral analysis type.Was interview by three managers in total - took approximately 1 hour.