Exelon Equipment Operator Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Equipment Operator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Exelon.

Had to take the BMST and POSS before being offered an interview. As a recent college graduate both exams were fairly easy, hardest part is the time constraint. Interview was conducted by 4 people asking questions about resume and behavioral type questions. In total there were 5 behavioral questions each hitting on specific skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Most unexpected questions was about ethics and other employees ethics   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Exelon

Anonymous Employee  in  Cordova, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Cordova, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Exelon in February 2014.

There is a phone interview where they just aask basic questions like what is your 2 year goal, 5 year goal, and 10 year goal. Ask a few questions about your hobbies and other things on your resume. If they like you then you proceed to the next step which is the actual interview process. It is a two day process. First day you have to take 2 tests. First test is the POSS, not too difficult just a huge time crunch need to work very fast. No calculator but scratch paper provided. Just use the practice test that they email you and its a decent model of the actual test. After the POSS there is a break for lunch and when you come back only the people who pass the POSS can take the next test called the BMST. This a 90 question test you have 3 hours to complete high school level math and science questions no calculator. If you pass both tests then the next day there is an interview. The email says there are 4 people that interview you but only 3 people interviewed me. They were real nice looked over my resume and then asked 7-8 behavior questions. We are instructed to answer using the STAR approach. After the behavior questions they give you time to ask some questions. All in all the interview was a hour long and I will know if I get the job in 2 weeks. So i dont know if I got the job yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clinton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Exelon.

In total, the interview process lasted about 2 months from application to job offer. First step after submitting an application (online for me) was a phone interview. This occurred about 1.5 weeks after application closing date. If that goes well, you will be invited to testing at the end of that phone conversation.Testing involves traveling to the power plant to take a battery of standardized tests seen commonly throughout the industry called the POSS and BMST. I was given nearly 3 weeks to study for these tests. Upon passing the tests, I heard about 2 weeks later (via email) that they would like to schedule a final, in-person interview at the plant. This last interview was a group interview in which a corporate Exelon HR representative, a plant-specific HR rep., and the plant's Shift Operations Superintendent were present to carry out the interview. About 2 weeks after the final interview I received a job offer via phone.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we spend a quarter million dollars putting you through training for a job you may not stick with and make a career out of?   View Answer

Worked for Exelon? Contribute to the Community!