Exelon Generation Interview Questions

2.8

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Salle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Salle, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Exelon Generation in September 2014.

It started with a phone interview to determine if I qualify for a face to face interview. After a day or so, I received another phone call telling me to meet for the face to face interview at the plant. Business professional attire was required.

The interview went well in my opinion. The interview questions were based on STAR (Situation/Task, Action, Results) and I had no trouble answering the interviewers (3).

Interview Questions
    • I felt there was no difficult question. I am grateful for this opportunity   View Answer

Senior Safety Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exelon Generation.

Very standard selection process. Phone screening with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager. The in- person interview was a few hours; one on one with hiring manager, panel interview with a mix of to-be peers, other managers and staff, followed by a facility tour. Follow up with recruiter as needed.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard behavior based assessment questions. No surprises, but expect to answer a handful of these. Remember the basics; Situation, Task, Action, Result.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Exelon Generation.

I applied online, contacted by HR 2 weeks later. HR asked questions about experience noted in my resume. I had a face-to-face interview 2 weeks later. The interview process was professional, conducted by 3 Exelon staff including the hiring manager. All behavioral questions about team work, facing a work challenge, very typical STAR questions. You have to be prepared with some work stories

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to complete a difficult assignment, what made it specially challenging, how did you approach it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Radiation Protection Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Exelon Generation in April 2014.

Applied online through there website. They called quite a few people from the same program I attend. They were very inconsistent though and keep pushing back the hiring date. On the other hand, they are trying to request more RP techs from HR so hopefully they will have some more openings soon.

Interview Questions
    • Always a tricky question when they ask why I am the best candidate for this position. Just have to answer with confidence.   Answer Question

Senior Reactor Operator Interview

Exelon utilizes the standard "STAR" format for interviews - explain a Situation or Task, describe the Action you took, and describe the Results. None of the questions were truly unexpected - what you'd expect: questions about a time when you built a team, when you failed to meet a customer's expectations, or tell me about a time when you had to compromise instead of implementing your idea or method. If you have several stories prepared that can be generalized to different questions you should be fine. Also, it helps to throw in a story when things didn't go as well as they could have - this demonstrates your awareness of fallibility, your willingness to learn, and can show that you respond to the negative events in your career to make the best of them.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. By and large, the interview has the feel that it's a formality - they already know whether or not they want to hire you, or the hiring manager will walk you out to your car at the end of the interview (when the real interview begins).   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interviewing process was average. Questions were not hard, basic behavior based questions. Used STAR technique.

Entry level position, no neqogiation.

IT Analyst - New Graduates Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Exelon Generation in November 2013.

I applied online on October 2013, then I received an email to set up a phone interview for the screening process. The screening process took like 30 minutes, the HR person made a few questions about what are your interest, your strong skills and why you want to work for them. Then she invited me to participate in an interview event on two weeks. The interview event took a few hours. First you have to participate in an orientation about the company, then they assign you two interviewers. The interview questions are behavioral questions. You have to answer them using STAR technique.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a decision that you did not agree with and how you approached the situation.
      If you have to choose to be an animal, which would you choose and why?
        Answer Question

Generation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Byron, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Byron, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exelon Generation in November 2013.

Met at career fair. Received a phone interview after on site interview was cancelled. Received an offer 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

The location wasn't convenient.

Protective Relay Technician Interview

Interview process was fair and honest.

Intern Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Exelon Generation in September 2013.

i went to a campus career fair and set up an on campus interview the next day. the interview was pretty easy if your good at behavioral questions and answering in the STAR format. the interview was only about twenty minutes long and only asked four questions and then they gave us ten minutes to ask the interviewer questions we had about the company.