Exelon Interview Questions

2.8

Principal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Exelon in March 2014.

I applied for the job through indeed and heard back within a week from the recruiter to set up an interview. I was interviewed by 3 different people. It was primarily a behavioral style interview. All of the interviewers were fairly professional although none of them seemed very happy at all about their jobs. They even mentioned specific things that frustrated them about what they were and weren't allowed to do in their roles. They even asked me how I felt about the be restricted to providing certain types of guidance in the open audit role. I knew during the interview that I was not interested in the job because of what seemed to be serious cultural problems in the group. I did not hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Exelon.

Had to take the BMST and POSS before being offered an interview. As a recent college graduate both exams were fairly easy, hardest part is the time constraint. Interview was conducted by 4 people asking questions about resume and behavioral type questions. In total there were 5 behavioral questions each hitting on specific skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions was about ethics and other employees ethics   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First there was a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Next, they conducted a second interview and networking kick-off on site. No technical questions, simply behavioral. Generally interested in finding out more about the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult professional decision you have made?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Exelon.

Phone Interview followed by sit down interview and then decision process. The decision process usually takes about two weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter after attending a carrier fair at my university.

Interview Questions
    • The were various questions about SCADA and protective relaying.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Exelon.

The selection and hiring process is very robust. HR and Talent Acquisition establish relationships with various universities and staffing search firms for technical positions.
    Very structured, behavioral and situational based Interview with multiple people.
    Internship Program is a pipelien for entry level employees.
    Strong Military/Veteran relationship.

Interview Questions
    • All the interview questions required detailed examples.   Answer Question

, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Exelon in April 2014.

Focus on establishing yourself as a human being first. Be yourself and be comfortable around the hiring manager. Do not forget to mention and be able to illustrate your technical skills as well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about pervious projects I've been successful and unsuccessful in, and what actions I took. Be able to explain what you learned, the steps you took in avoiding the same problems in the future, and how you're developing.   Answer Question
    Did not have time to negotiate...

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oyster Creek, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oyster Creek, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exelon.

Position was for an entry level Electrical Engineer at a nuclear power plant. Interview was all behavioral questions. 4 questions total, was asked to answer using STAR responses. Applied online, got a call shortly after, asked what my weaknesses were, etc. Got an interview in a week. Was interviewed by two people, on HR Generalist, and the other was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There was one which asked me to specifically describe an incident which showed my commitment to safety. One was about problem solving / decision making. Another was about team work.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant - BGE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exelon in June 2014.

I found the ad on Careerbuilder. I was contacted by local human resources by email and scheduled a telephone interview. It took about 30 minutes and I was asked general questions about my skills and experience, specific to the needs of the position. I had a second interview about three weeks after that with the attorneys that the position supports and others in the department. It was a 2 hour interview with questions about my experience, information about the job and what they needed and also Exelon's general questions (tell us about a time when you... and how would you handle this situation.) The interview went well, but it was about 10 days before I heard back from HR that they wanted to hire me. After that, it took more than two week to get a conditional offer (pending background check). The offer came in at $10K below what we discussed, so I had to decline. The HR dept. didn't handle things well. They seemed unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions difficult. Everything was straight forward and specific to the work. The waiting for a response was the most difficult part.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exelon.

Was referred by a friend, exam was moderately challenging but is pass/fail and no scores are disclosed to any party including recruiter. Called for an interview the following week. It was a personality based interview utilizing the "STAR" method. A bit rare format in the interview, was like speed dating where 3 engineers interviewed me for 20 minutes. Awaiting a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation at a new job in which there was a process that was familiar to you, and another that was completely new. How did you deal with both performing the familiar task, and the task that was new?   View Answer
    Still pending, but I think (pray) I will get the job

Senior Category Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Exelon.

Only had to go through one interview to be hired. The hiring process did take a long time and I had to wait an entire month to hear back. Typical interview style.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you failed and how you handled it   Answer Question
    This was an intro position and I did not negotiate

Worked for Exelon? Contribute to the Community!