Exelon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

It was very standard compared to other interviews i have taken a part of in my career. There was an initial phone screen, i then worked with the recruiter, and then i had the in- person interview. Everything was scheduled in a good fashion. It took a little while to hear back but i was happy when i got the job.

Equipment Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Exelon.

Had to take the BMST and POSS before being offered an interview. As a recent college graduate both exams were fairly easy, hardest part is the time constraint. Interview was conducted by 4 people asking questions about resume and behavioral type questions. In total there were 5 behavioral questions each hitting on specific skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected questions was about ethics and other employees ethics   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First there was a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Next, they conducted a second interview and networking kick-off on site. No technical questions, simply behavioral. Generally interested in finding out more about the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult professional decision you have made?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Exelon.

Phone Interview followed by sit down interview and then decision process. The decision process usually takes about two weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter after attending a carrier fair at my university.

Interview Questions
    • The were various questions about SCADA and protective relaying.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exelon.

The selection and hiring process is very robust. HR and Talent Acquisition establish relationships with various universities and staffing search firms for technical positions.
    Very structured, behavioral and situational based Interview with multiple people.
    Internship Program is a pipelien for entry level employees.
    Strong Military/Veteran relationship.

Interview Questions
    • All the interview questions required detailed examples.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oyster Creek, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oyster Creek, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exelon.

Position was for an entry level Electrical Engineer at a nuclear power plant. Interview was all behavioral questions. 4 questions total, was asked to answer using STAR responses. Applied online, got a call shortly after, asked what my weaknesses were, etc. Got an interview in a week. Was interviewed by two people, on HR Generalist, and the other was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There was one which asked me to specifically describe an incident which showed my commitment to safety. One was about problem solving / decision making. Another was about team work.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant - BGE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Exelon in June 2014.

I found the ad on Careerbuilder. I was contacted by local human resources by email and scheduled a telephone interview. It took about 30 minutes and I was asked general questions about my skills and experience, specific to the needs of the position. I had a second interview about three weeks after that with the attorneys that the position supports and others in the department. It was a 2 hour interview with questions about my experience, information about the job and what they needed and also Exelon's general questions (tell us about a time when you... and how would you handle this situation.) The interview went well, but it was about 10 days before I heard back from HR that they wanted to hire me. After that, it took more than two week to get a conditional offer (pending background check). The offer came in at $10K below what we discussed, so I had to decline. The HR dept. didn't handle things well. They seemed unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions difficult. Everything was straight forward and specific to the work. The waiting for a response was the most difficult part.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exelon.

Was referred by a friend, exam was moderately challenging but is pass/fail and no scores are disclosed to any party including recruiter. Called for an interview the following week. It was a personality based interview utilizing the "STAR" method. A bit rare format in the interview, was like speed dating where 3 engineers interviewed me for 20 minutes. Awaiting a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation at a new job in which there was a process that was familiar to you, and another that was completely new. How did you deal with both performing the familiar task, and the task that was new?   View Answer
    Still pending, but I think (pray) I will get the job

Senior Category Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Exelon.

Only had to go through one interview to be hired. The hiring process did take a long time and I had to wait an entire month to hear back. Typical interview style.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you failed and how you handled it   Answer Question
    This was an intro position and I did not negotiate

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Exelon.

They called for a general phone interview then an hour long three person interview in Oakbrook. Two different questions from the three interviewers. Each question is behavior one asking about situations.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. They were all normal questions you would hear.   Answer Question