Exervio

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Unknown - Consultant??? Interview

Unknown - Consultant???

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Exervio in September 2010.

Interview Details – The orginal contact came from a current consultant. She had found my resume on the internet. She described several possible opportunities. We scheduled the official interview. That interview was delayed several times - consultant busy. When we finally talked, she explained the interview process. The plan was to interview with several different people, each representing a stage in the process. You would proceed to the next stage only if the person interviewing you considered you were a good candidate. Each stage assessed different types of skills. The final interview (if you're fortunate enough to get that far) would be with the Vice President who would make the offer decision. There were long intervals between each step for me. I was also told to prepare a power point presentation of my past projects to present to the VP. I followed directions, moved along in the process, and finally met with the VP. By the time this occurred, I had been interviewed by 4 or 5 other people at the firm. Based on what I had been told, it appeared to me that they were genuinely interested in the skills and experiences I would bring to the firm. In my discussions with the VP, I learned that they were inteviewing for "possible future opportunities", nothing current. This is not the impression I had been given all along. Perhaps that was a good way to tell me good-bye. The VPs questions only pertained to having me step through my resume, describing my previous jobs. He provided no opportunity for me to ask questions, even though I had taken the time to prepare as any good candidate would. I had invested a lot of time and energy in preparing and attending all of these interviews. In the end, I believe I was screened out for something they should have observed before they even called me. If my skills did not fit their opportunities, then why go through the motions? Although I had created and submitting my power point presentation to the VP 2 days before the interview, I never had an opportunity to "present" it to him as I had been told. Such a waste of time, for me and also for the consultants who had also interviewed me. The other problem that I had with the interview process is that ever interview was scheduled in a coffee shop. Even the final interview with the VP was scheduled in a coffee shop across the street from the office. As a candidate, I felt that there must be something wrong when a company choses to interview candidates exclusively outside of its offices. Can you imagine interviewing 4 or 5 different times in various coffee shops? Although I was angry at having wasted so much time on this company, in the end, I'm really glad that things turned out the way they did. Things seemed a little shakey and not like what a really professional company would do. My advice is to pass this one up if it comes your way. You can probably use your time more productively looking into other opportunites.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

Worked for Exervio? Contribute to the Community!