Exeter Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Entry-Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Exeter Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

30-minute interview on my college campus with a young consultant. We discussed my academics and work experience. The interviewer also asked me about my experience at my college, and sort of allowed me to create my own case by asking me to explain how I would improve a service on campus that I felt was insufficient.
    I was invited to a day-long second round at their headquarters, which will consist of six interviews (2 with consultants, 2 with management, and 2 with executives) and a dinner with the office.

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Exeter Group in November 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by an interview day with 6 rounds. All interviews were relatively calm and relaxed. They do a very good job of putting you in a position to succeed. I found that everyone I talked to responded positively to asking questions about what work was like there. They also seemed very invested in the mission of the company. It should become very clear to you over the course of the process whether or not the company is a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions were easy (e.g. egg drop) Many questions were about fit with the company.   Answer Question

Offer was not competitive with other offers received.

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Exeter Group (Chestnut Hill, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I talked to the company representatives at my school job fair and then applied for the position on my school's portal. After a month or so, they scheduled an on-campus interview which last in about 30 minutes. It was fairly easy and we talked about why I chose to attend my college and discussed my previous experience during my internships

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exeter Group in October 2014.

Interview

Resume drop and then an on campus interview with one current employee (30 mins). Mostly all fit questions and questions about why the Exeter Group. Overall very friendly and easy going interview. Just make sure you study up on the company itself first.

Interview Questions

• Why technology consulting/what makes Exeter different from other consulting firms   Answer Question

Interview

An in-person, first round interview after applying to the company through campus recruitment.

The interview was pretty informal. Because my university's career services center closed by the start of my interview, we headed over to a local cafe and began to chat. The interviewer (who was a talkative middle-aged lady) asked me about myself and my past work in a very conversational format. Moreover, she made a lot of effort to tell me about the current transition Exeter Group is going through, from being a technology services-consulting hybrid to more just tech. While it was convenient that I wasn't being grilled and she was doing most of the talking, I found it a bit too casual--and even a bit unprofessional. But, then again, the lady was nice and I appreciated her efforts to honestly inform me about her company. That, at least, gave me the impression that the company was pretty transparent.

Interview Questions

• In your previous consulting work, what experience do you have with technology? To what extent was it involved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Exeter Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

1st round on campus: Behavioral Interview. 30 minutes
    2nd round on site in Boston: Multiple interviews, full day. Interviewed with several consultants and and managers. Mostly behavioral, some brain teasers, no case interview. Use the interviews with the other consultants and managers to learn more about the company and decide if you want to work here.

There is only one interview that matters. And that's your interview with the CEO. It was a short 15 minute interview, and I'm not sure what he gleamed during those 15 minutes, but I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exeter Group (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

After a resume drop and initial interview on campus, I was invited for a full day interview at the offices in Boston. This was a great experience, but was very draining. Afterwards we were all (20 of us interviewing) treated to dinner at Morton's and drinks at a local bar. I interviewed with 8 people who asked a variety of questions, some mental problem solving. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The CEO asked, "Do you have any questions about our company?" This seems like the kind of question where you need to wow someone. Not something I excel at.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Exeter Group in November 2012.

Interview

They questioned about database,java and Mysql. The question involved a scenario and how a user diagram would be drawn for the same followed by creation of schema and few questions related to query.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exeter Group (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Came on campus to recruit. On-campus behavioral interview for 30 minutes. Was flown into Boston, interviewed with 4 or 5 people and the CEO and then went out to dinner with employees and other interviewees. Had an awesome time. Interviewers were generally friendly. Some easy brainteasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus interview process was simple. First round they asked us to write software requirement specification for a e-commerce site. We have to also draw ER Diagram and Give a simple UI design. I got shortlisted. Second round round included a lot of DB related questions. Followed by MVC, algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• They will give a table and a result set you have to write the query to get the result set.   Answer Question