Exeter Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Exeter Group

Interview Details – An in-person, first round interview after applying to the company through campus recruitment.

The interview was pretty informal. Because my university's career services center closed by the start of my interview, we headed over to a local cafe and began to chat. The interviewer (who was a talkative middle-aged lady) asked me about myself and my past work in a very conversational format. Moreover, she made a lot of effort to tell me about the current transition Exeter Group is going through, from being a technology services-consulting hybrid to more just tech. While it was convenient that I wasn't being grilled and she was doing most of the talking, I found it a bit too casual--and even a bit unprofessional. But, then again, the lady was nice and I appreciated her efforts to honestly inform me about her company. That, at least, gave me the impression that the company was pretty transparent.

Interview Question – In your previous consulting work, what experience do you have with technology? To what extent was it involved?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Exeter Group.

Interview Details – 1st round on campus: Behavioral Interview. 30 minutes
2nd round on site in Boston: Multiple interviews, full day. Interviewed with several consultants and and managers. Mostly behavioral, some brain teasers, no case interview. Use the interviews with the other consultants and managers to learn more about the company and decide if you want to work here.

There is only one interview that matters. And that's your interview with the CEO. It was a short 15 minute interview, and I'm not sure what he gleamed during those 15 minutes, but I got an offer.

Interview Question – You are going to be asked a couple brain teasers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exeter Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – After a resume drop and initial interview on campus, I was invited for a full day interview at the offices in Boston. This was a great experience, but was very draining. Afterwards we were all (20 of us interviewing) treated to dinner at Morton's and drinks at a local bar. I interviewed with 8 people who asked a variety of questions, some mental problem solving. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – The CEO asked, "Do you have any questions about our company?" This seems like the kind of question where you need to wow someone. Not something I excel at.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Exeter Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Came on campus to recruit. On-campus behavioral interview for 30 minutes. Was flown into Boston, interviewed with 4 or 5 people and the CEO and then went out to dinner with employees and other interviewees. Had an awesome time. Interviewers were generally friendly. Some easy brainteasers.

Interview Question – Probability case.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Exeter Group

Interview Details – On campus interview process was simple. First round they asked us to write software requirement specification for a e-commerce site. We have to also draw ER Diagram and Give a simple UI design. I got shortlisted. Second round round included a lot of DB related questions. Followed by MVC, algorithm questions.

Interview Question – They will give a table and a result set you have to write the query to get the result set.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exeter Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Process include 1st written Test
1.test was based on developing basics of algorithm like development of a social networking site how do you start the development ,basics i.e requirements ,specifications etc

2.Interview
 This section was based on the written test whatever you have written depending on that small programs like array sorting,finding maximum number of non zero elements in a row,then some HR type questions

Interview Question – 1. Mainly Hr type questions like where do you stay,how far it is from your college in km ,what time does it take, then for technical all sorting techniques and their advantages and disadvantages.   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Fresher

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exeter Group.

Interview Details – applied through campus recruitment . the written test was consisted of case analysis and some programming questions(can write pseudo code or use any language). the inteview process lasted for 1 day. asked to explain the project and asked to solve puzzles.

Interview Question – nothing like that. They just tested ur puzzle solving techniques and case analysis.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Exeter Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – Technical Round followed by HR Round on the same day.
Was asked to speak about myself, when I treaded into technical aspects - they jump ( and drag you along) into the vast ocean of coding. I was aked about Hibernate - they look for ORM. case study on SQL - with diagrams : to test PF, FK and mapping relationships skill, then they'll ask to query that DB and also on Servlets ( I had specified Struts and Springs)
HR Round was okay. The HR was cordial all along.

Interview Question – After pursuin a management degree I wanted to get back to IT - The man in the panel kept on asking the same reason why I want to get back - in different forms - Convincing him was tricky.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me part time - I had to refuse

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Exeter Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. Interview was conducted by an HR officer. There were two rounds.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience dealing with technology?   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exeter Group in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consists of two rounds - a Technical and a HR round. Technical Round consists of questions related to Algorithms, Java and Puzzles. HR Round evaluates the interest of candidate in joining the company and communication skills.

Interview Question – Where would you see yourself in two years time ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted their offer without further negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exeter Group

Worked for Exeter Group? Contribute to the Community!