Exide Technologies

Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exide Technologies

EHS Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exide Technologies.

The hiring process was pretty standard. It was a phone interview with the HR Manager followed by an on-site interview/plant tour with the EHS Manager and Plant Manager. The entire interview process had a very laid back feel to it. The EHS Manager had some job specific questions related to Lockout/Tagout, hazardous material handling, and DoT regulation training. The plant manager, however, didn't really ask many questions. He mainly talked more about Exide as a company than asked me questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked during the interviews were very standard to the position I was applying for. No questions that were asked were unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for a higher hourly pay. However, in hindsight, I wish I would have tried to negotiate for higher given the environment I was being put into.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Exide Technologies.

There was a phone interview with the hiring manager and an on site interview. The phone interview was just like every other interview. The on site interview was different. The hiring manager told me he would act like he would on any given day at the jobsite and "grill" me about things that he expected to be done. Well, if this was any indication of what it was really going to be like I wasn't going to accept any offer there. The manager was very rude and borderline racist. 3 months later I get a letter from the Federal Government saying that the company had filed for bankruptcy and I didn't have the legal right to file a claim against them. Thank god I didn't go to work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't any difficult questions. But the manager was a difficult person, in general.   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exide Technologies in January 2012.

Pretty general. Nothing I haven't been asked at every other interview ever.

Didn't negotiate

Directeur Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Exide Technologies.

Un recruteur m'a approché pour un entretien quelques jours pus tard.

L'entretien était assez froid, hostile et minutieux du coup je n'étais pas très enthousiaste concernant ce poste. Puis ils m'ont rappelé pour que je rencontre le directeur des ressources humaines et le vice-président des ventes. Ils étaient tous les deux très sympas, il n'y avait pas de question piège. J'ai compris qu'ils voulaient juste avoir une idée de ma personnalité.

Ensuite, la première personne (mon manager) m'a demandé de revenir pour répondre à plus de questions (c'était surtout pour évaluer mon niveau d'anglais vu que c'était un poste à l'étranger basé en France) et cette fois-ci l'atmosphère était plus décontractée.

Ils m'ont demandé de revenir une semaine plus tard (quoi ? encore un entretien ?), mais cette fois-ci pour me proposer un poste.

Globalement la procédure était assez simple.

I was head-hunted by a recruiter and brought in for an interview a few days later.
    The interview was pretty cold, unfriendly and detailed so I originally didn't feel very enthusiastic about the position. They they brought be back in to meet the HR director and sales VP. Both were really friendly, not trick questions. I could tell they just wanted a feel for my personality.
    Then the 1st person brought me back in (My manager) to ask further questions (and mostly test my English as this was an international position based in France) and this time the atmosphere was much more relaxed.
    They got me back in a week later (what? yet another interview?!) but this time to make an offer.
    Overall a pretty smooth process.