Exl Service

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview Details – I only got a first round phone interview. I applied via the job hunting system of Cornell University and got a phone interview. Begun with some basic questions and then the recruiter asked some brainstorm questions. Then an estimation question.

Interview Question – Estimate the average number of people visiting state parks in New York in a month   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Exl Service in April 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview first, takes about 30 minutes, went over my resume and then asked me two brain teasers. one is ask me to calculate how many balls can be filled in in a Boing 747 plane. then on-site, with two interviewers, approximately an hour.

Interview Question – so many brain teasers and probability questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Exl Service in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through their posting on my university job board. I was immediately set up for a phone interview. The initial phone screen was absolutely nothing like what I was expecting. I was straight up shot with two major brain teaser problems. I really struggled with the problems, and I could have sworn that I heard my interviewer trying (not very hard) to hold back from laughing at me.

Interview Question – 1. How would you estimate American Airlines' annual revenue?

2. You need to transport 4000 apples using an elephant over a distance of 1000 miles. The elephant cannot carry more than 1000 apples at a time and eats apples at a rate of 1 apple per mile. How would you optimize the trip to maximize the number of apples delivered?
  View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exl Service in December 2013.

Interview Details – We has an aptitude test followed by a 3 round interview for the top 25 from the test. The first round was HR, followed by two rounds of case interviews and puzzles. For the most part, the interview was cool and composed. HR sometimes tried to stress, but nothing serious if you prepare well. Most of the questions are based on resume and one has to be perfect about the resume and all the qualities and things learnt during each part of the resume timeline.

Interview Question – There is a point about my participation in the school elocution competition and my role as the part of the institute magazine. I was asked to give an 2 minute extempore on the topic of sexual harassment during my HR interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed in my institute.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Exl Service in June 2010.

Interview Details – It asked about the work I am currently doing about the challenges faced at the client side etc.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exl Service

Worked for Exl Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exl Service Consultant interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Exl Service employees and interview candidates.