Exl Service

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exl Service.

a test : english,logical and quantitative questions were asked: where i ranked first and then two rounds of one on one interviews:one technical and the final one HR. Pretty simple. They looked at my resume and asked a question or two from the database projects I had done and then a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

i had an option for masters.

Analytics Consultant Interview

Worst interview experience ever. The recruiter did not have the courtesy to give me more than 24 hours notice of my second round interview, even though I provided him with my schedule a week ago. For twice, the recruiter scheduled an interview on days that I specifically told him I was not available, and he made it look like it was my fault to not be able to make it. Due to their lack of professional courtesy, I decided to withdraw my application.

Decision Analytics Consultant Interview

friend referred and made an introductory call; one week later, a phone interview. Though I didn't feel good about the first interview, I still passed and got a second phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • statistics of dice throw: A wins if he throws two same numbers in a row; B wins if (don't remember). Who has a better chance to win.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Exl Service.

Applied through a referral, got a call from HR informing more about EXL and the interview process. I was told that there would be four interviews, two on the phone and two in person.

1st Round (Phone)
    - There one ant on each of the corners of an equilateral triangle that can walk in either direction. Lets say all the three ants stark walking, what is the probability that they do not collide.
    - There are two boxes, one has 25 red balls and one has 25 black balls. How can I arrange the balls so that I maximize the probability of picking a red ball. How can I minimize the probability of picking the red ball.
    - How would you value a company? What is higher, cost of equity or cost of debt?

2nd Round (Phone)
    - Lets say your client is a retail bank. Assume the penetration rate (average number of products used by a person) is 1, and I want to increase it to 1.5. How would I go about doing that?
    - How would you forecast sales for a retail store for the month of December using Time Series Analysis?
    - Suppose we have to transport 5000 bananas from city A to B. Distance between A and B is 1000 miles. We have an elephant who can carry 1000 bananas at the most and eats 1 banana per mile. How do we maximize the number of bananas we can transfer

3rd Round (in person)
    - How do we decide which variables to use in a regression?
    - Your client is a trucking company and their profits are declining. How would you go about assisting them
    - You want to develop a currency system to be able to pay any amount between 1 to 100. How many currency notes would you need. You cannot use duplicate notes for any amount (you cannot use two 2's to pay 4). What is the minimum number of notes needed?

4th Round (In person)
    - There are three boxes, each of them are wrongly labelled. One has red balls, one black balls, and one a mixture of red and black. You can pick one ball at a time and put it back. How many trials would it take to correctly label all boxes.
    - You have 2 eggs that if thrown from a building with 100 floors, will break from any given floor and any floor above it. You have to minimize the number of trials to determine the floor.
    - Suppose you are given a game. You roll a dice and you win whatever number is on the dice. However, after seeing the number, you can choose to roll the dice again one more time. If you roll again, you get whatever you roll on the 2nd roll and forfeit whatever came up on the 1st roll. Would you roll again? If you were to pay to play this game, how much would you be willing to pay?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exl Service.

I only got a first round phone interview. I applied via the job hunting system of Cornell University and got a phone interview. Begun with some basic questions and then the recruiter asked some brainstorm questions. Then an estimation question.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the average number of people visiting state parks in New York in a month   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Exl Service in May 2014.

The informative phone call was informal and basically introduced salary and working environment. The salary offering is very attractive especially for people without too many experiences.I guess there should be at leas 3 rounds of interview given that the first round interview would be a 30-40 min phone call.

Interview Questions
    • i have not received questions because i am waiting for the next round interview.   Answer Question

Junior Associate - Operations & Process Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exl Service in May 2014.

Phone interview. Interviewer talked about his background, then I walked him through the resume. Easy business case, and interviewer was patient to guide you thorough. No brainteaser. Finally there was an questions and answer session. Lasted for 30 to 45 min

Interview Questions
    • Easy about the business case, but be prepared to tell stories about how operations excellency was achieved in your past experience   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Exl Service in April 2014.

phone interview first, takes about 30 minutes, went over my resume and then asked me two brain teasers. one is ask me to calculate how many balls can be filled in in a Boing 747 plane. then on-site, with two interviewers, approximately an hour.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exl Service in April 2014.

I applied online through their posting on my university job board. I was immediately set up for a phone interview. The initial phone screen was absolutely nothing like what I was expecting. I was straight up shot with two major brain teaser problems. I really struggled with the problems, and I could have sworn that I heard my interviewer trying (not very hard) to hold back from laughing at me.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How would you estimate American Airlines' annual revenue?

2. You need to transport 4000 apples using an elephant over a distance of 1000 miles. The elephant cannot carry more than 1000 apples at a time and eats apples at a rate of 1 apple per mile. How would you optimize the trip to maximize the number of apples delivered?

View Answers (2)

Subrogation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Exl Service.

Phone interview for preliminary screening. In person interview relatively quickly after that. Very nice office. 1 on 1 interview, he brought me into a large conference room and we went over the nuts and bolts of the position and my motivations behind applying for this position. The interview was very nice, he leveled with me that from this position there was not much room for vertical advancement and at best I could look into lateral moves after some substantial time spent at this position. Overall it seemed like a great work environment but I was not interested in the position enough to accept a position that going into it had little opportunity for advancing.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to speak about subrogation and the technical aspects of the position.   View Answer