Exl Service

86 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Subrogation Specialist Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview Details – Phone interview for preliminary screening. In person interview relatively quickly after that. Very nice office. 1 on 1 interview, he brought me into a large conference room and we went over the nuts and bolts of the position and my motivations behind applying for this position. The interview was very nice, he leveled with me that from this position there was not much room for vertical advancement and at best I could look into lateral moves after some substantial time spent at this position. Overall it seemed like a great work environment but I was not interested in the position enough to accept a position that going into it had little opportunity for advancing.

Interview Question – Be prepared to speak about subrogation and the technical aspects of the position.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exl Service in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had 5 interviews which was excessive for an entry level position.

Human Resources Manager Position Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Exl Service in November 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted online application in October, and interviewed in November 2012 by telephone with an internal Recruiter (who was just out of college). The interview went well, and the recruiter indicated that the hiring manager would like to speak to me the following week by telephone, and indicated that there would be at least 2 on-site interviews if progressing. I indicated that this was fine, and provided my availability for a telephone call. The call was re-scheduled three times, with the last time from the Recruiter saying that the manager's schedule is full and she will accommodate me some other time. I never heard back from the recruiter again. I waited three weeks and sent a short follow-up email; no response. In January 2013, I noticed that EXL reposted the position as a lower-level position; it would have been nice to know that they are no longer offering the role.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - but it was an hour-long biographic interview   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Exl Service in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interviewed which went well. She expressed a lot of interest and wanted me to come in the next day for face to face interview. I explained that I could not re-arrange my schedule that quickly. I told her I could make arrangements the following week. She said she would see if that was acceptable. I didn't hear from her the next day so I emailed. No response or call....ever. It's totally unprofessional to invite someone into interview and expect them to come with less than 24 hrs notice and then to never follow up again. Shoddy HR practice.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. It was a biographical interview reviewing my experience.   Answer Question

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview Details – stressed on skill set question, case study and puzzle

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – be firm and can negotiate easily

Manager Black Belt Interview

Manager Black Belt
Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Exl Service in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had to go through 2 major rounds of interviews and a technical test. One interview was with my future immediate supervisor and the second with my skip. The test was on Six Sigma and the basics that you would need to know if you apply for a Black Belt role.

Interview Question – As a six sigma professional do you think it is necessary to be a process SME? Because Black Belts usually only have an overview of the process and expect the project team to include process experts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted 8.5, but was able to negotiate to 8. I probably could have got more. I had to explain the costs of relocation from Gurgaon to Gr. Noida to even get 8.

CCE Interview

CCE
Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Exl Service in January 2010.

Interview Details – Self introduction, written test, typing test, personal technical interview, hr interview

Interview Question – There wasn't one such   Answer Question

Lead Assistant Manager Interview

Lead Assistant Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Exl Service in November 2012.

Interview Details – One HR round and one round with Manager completed the proces

Negotiation Details – My offer was accepted without negotiations

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exl Service in February 2011.

Interview Details – Generally EXL doesn't hire laterally for operations positions (they do it for Six Sigma, Analytics, FnA and Nursing positions). All the management hiring is done from Noida. AM hiring involves 3 rounds, HR, OPs Face to Face and AVP (Telephonic).

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Delhi (India)

I interviewed at Exl Service in September 2013.

Interview Details – aptitude test followed by interviews(based mainly on puzzles)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exl Service

Worked for Exl Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Exl Service interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by Exl Service employees and interview candidates.